Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

4 hours ago, LCP said:

With the first foil pack set in 2023, 60373 sets of images came out.

Foil pack : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cla8VfxJBHM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

60373 : https://www.instagram.com/p/Cla82M9pz-m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thank you for the updates but i’m still waiting for the actual sets to be revealed.  I mean foil bags are pretty nice but the sets are what we are looking forward for.

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you for the updates but i’m still waiting for the actual sets to be revealed.  I mean foil bags are pretty nice but the sets are what we are looking forward for.

Yeah that's concerning to me! Lego has revealed 2023 sets from other themes, but not City. That's a shame. 

Thanks for the links to the pics, @LCP! :classic:

The Mobile Fire Command Center seems to look very good - apart from that it's again absolutely not what the set name stands for and the price is much too expensive. It's the first time that we'll get a winch in front of a fire truck.

For its size the Fire Boat seems to look quite decent. Here it's nice that it comes with something completely new, too: a fireman with jetpack (yes, I searched for it because I didn't believe, but Dubai has some).

I wasn't too happy when I first read that we'll have yet another wave of fire and police sets. However, as some members noticed these sets might be designed as extensions to the present fire and police sets which can make them awesome! I also hope they include a lot of new roadplates in the sets, as they really are useful.

One thing however would make this wave one of the best ever - introduction of curved roadplates, which could work with pieces like: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27507#T=C (bricklink link). They could be included in the police academy set as a "pursuit training track" or something.

I just hope a city set has new types of roadplate, oh and maybe a way to incorporate the new versions of the classic space helmet in green and gray.

8 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

One thing that would make the 2023 Stuntz sets interesting is if we have different rev-up vehicles other than bikes, like quads or buggies

Agreed. That’s what i want to see!it would be very cool for us to have rev-up stunt cars.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. That’s what i want to see!it would be very cool for us to have rev-up stunt cars.

Now THAT is something I'd pay for. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Now THAT is something I'd pay for. 

Yes! Motorized train - checked. Rev-up motorcycles - checked. Where are rev-up cars or ATVs or quads?? Still wishing 

On 11/29/2022 at 3:29 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yes! Motorized train - checked. Rev-up motorcycles - checked. Where are rev-up cars or ATVs or quads?? Still wishing 

I'm not a fan of LEGO making more of these rev-up vehicles. I have a feeling that whenever LEGO tries putting another built-in mechanism into smaller scale vehicles it makes them look either too bulky (like the ATV from 60344) or simply weird (like the new motorcycles which have a smaller back rim than front one). 

I understand however that they might (likely are) liked by the younger audience, which is after all the main target group for the City theme. 

City 2023 sets have leaked.

Love the otter re-colour. Interesting sets but some of them seem a bit goofy, or extra blocky, not sure I can put my finger on it. The garage is severely lacking an actual building!

Glad to have a garbage truck again, and I think the most interesting bits are actually in police - the dog training and training centre look intriguing.

First time we get mounted police? I have been asking for that for years now, unfortunately it is the blacksmith horse so missed a opportunity to get a recolor there:shrug_oh_well:

Sorry for being late, but I just saw the images of the sets and I actually like them, not love them all just like them. The police sets are quite nice, I already knew the police station was going to be 4+ (got bored one time and decided to search the set numbers on the Walmart website to find out the age requirements of all the sets) and its not that bad, I actually like the little car too. The emergency vehicles thing is a set with a small building with a weird color combination but nice vehicles(the fire helicopter and ambulance are superior compared to this year's fire station and hospital), the academy reminds me a bit of a TV show (Wipeout), nice details and not having a big vehicle bumping up the price? I like it! 

The dog unit has a great minifigure using the cactus arms and the small new dog looks amazing,the fire truck was bigger than I thought and same goes for the boat, the designer did a good job recreating a ship in a small boat. 

The new back-hoe loader is great! Finally a non-4+ construction vehicle set! 

The garbage truck looks exactly like the Mercedes-Benz ones from my city (other than the color-scheme).

Also I'll certainly be getting all of the new fire sets! The fire truck seems a bit too long, but that should be an easy fix to shorten it by 2-4 studs. But the fire boat is PERFECT! I only wish it had printed parts instead of stickers.

ATV and Otter Habitat is so cute it melts my heart! :wub:

Police sets... The dog-training truck looks awesome and a new puppy mold is a super addition! The emergency HQ has great vehicles but I wish the police SUV included the "police" text written on it somewhere :sceptic:. The academy looks good, but I wish it had a more direct connection to this years police station (like it was rumoured). Thankfully at least the color-scheme is matching. And the motorcycle chase seems ok for it's price point.

Oh, and the new small sports car looks so dope!

Ok! So I'll only be getting a handful of sets for 2023. But I think I will mostly stick to older sets from this point forward.

The small handful would really just be from the great vehicles subtheme and repair bays, which I'm kinda disappointed in - more on that later.  Otherwise the only others I'm getting are the two bikes and the police academy. I may consider the emergency vehicle headquarters, but I'm kinda disappointed in that one too. Well at least road plates aren't gone. I guess there's hope. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Thanks for the links @LCP

Overall feeling is that its a very <insert that tiresome argument> wave of sets.

Must get the otters, the recycle truck and the slurpy truck 

Might get the vet for daughter, the monster truck when I figure out some more appropriate sized wheels for it, the firetruck, although i don't think it will fit in my fire station and the police dog training set just cause of the pup.

Biggest disappointment for me is the lack of an actual garage building.