Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

4 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Promobricks shared images of the new ninjago wave, better quality images of the technic bugatti bolide but nothing about the 60374 or the rest of the January wave of city

I came to the forum after a long time after seeing the 60374 set released. Won't it come out soon?

22 minutes ago, LCP said:

I came to the forum after a long time after seeing the 60374 set released. Won't it come out soon?

I hope Promobricks gives us a first glance of the new sets soon 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

14 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I hope Promobricks gives us a glimpse of the new sets soon 

Seeing that the new Friends series instructions have been registered in the LEGO homepage instruction, I think it will be released soon.

Edited by LCP

7 hours ago, LCP said:

I bet it’s January 2023. 

9 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I hope Promobricks gives us a first glance of the new sets soon 

Given that City is usually amongst the last to be revealed, we'll probably have to wait until December as we do have a lot more themes to go. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No leaked pictures yet. :(

City is probably not going to be leaked until December. Ya know, they always save the best for last. Given the circumstances, this wave may actually be better than we think. 

Edited by Poodabricks

10 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

City is probably not going to be leaked until December. Ya know, they always save the best for last. Given the circumstances, this wave may actually be better than we think. 

My expectations for City the last few years has been dumpster fire low so LEGO would really need to mess it up for me to think any less. :iamded_lol:

23 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Okay! One of the things I wanted to see in sets was a mixed brown hair piece. Anyone know if one of those were made for minifigs? If one of those weren't made, I hope it gets made for 2023. 

While not brown on brown (which might not turn out noticeable enough in LEGO anyway), Aquaman's hairpiece is kind of like that. Only other one of that ilk was Narcissa's hairpiece.

6 hours ago, Maple said:

My expectations for City the last few years has been dumpster fire low so LEGO would really need to mess it up for me to think any less. :iamded_lol:

:laugh: In THAT case, they'd be saving the worse for last. I mostly do older City sets anyway so I wouldn't have anything to worry about. :wink:

7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

While not brown on brown (which might not turn out noticeable enough in LEGO anyway), Aquaman's hairpiece is kind of like that. Only other one of that ilk was Narcissa's hairpiece.

Um.....thanks Clone, but I kinda was hoping for one exactly like the picture I posted. 😬

What a great news for zoo MOC folks ! There are two new animals from CMF S24! It’s a koala and falcon. So we can add them to a City zoo!

Although, CM is not revealed yet, I’m so excited about it. So I’m quite looking to see for City’s leaks / reveal soon. 

On 11/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, Poodabricks said:

:laugh: In THAT case, they'd be saving the worse for last. I mostly do older City sets anyway so I wouldn't have anything to worry about. :wink:

Um.....thanks Clone, but I kinda was hoping for one exactly like the picture I posted. 😬

To be fair, I just expect the worse, more so for the January releases. I don't like the modern truck design City is using most of the time, its very meh. Mixed in with more Fire and Police I don't really care about just makes January City really bad to me. Then there is the issue with the school, finally got one in City and it was hugely overpriced and frankly a complete joke of a set.

However I love the City Space theme that came out March 2022. I own all of them. I keep my expectations low then I'll be even more happy and surprised when / if the sets are really nice.

9 hours ago, Maple said:

To be fair, I just expect the worse, more so for the January releases. I don't like the modern truck design City is using most of the time, its very meh. Mixed in with more Fire and Police I don't really care about just makes January City really bad to me. Then there is the issue with the school, finally got one in City and it was hugely overpriced and frankly a complete joke of a set.

However I love the City Space theme that came out March 2022. I own all of them. I keep my expectations low then I'll be even more happy and surprised when / if the sets are really nice.

Did I tell you that the grocery store was on sale yesterday? Like literally only $56 USD. Basically, when it's on sale, it's priced the way it should be. 

Also, would it be too much to ask if Lego DIDN'T include road plates with the buildings. I also hope the police academy is an actual building. I'd hate for it to just be a set with vehicles and people. 

Edited by Poodabricks

I’m suspious there may bea nnew animal mold in Off-road Adventure set based off price and piece count.

Just like we have Off-Road set from Wildlife Rescue subtheme last year - price is high and piece count is low because they include two new animal molds (lion and it’s cub).

Of course, we will seeal images soon.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

18 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Did I tell you that the grocery store was on sale yesterday? Like literally only $56 USD. Basically, when it's on sale, it's priced the way it should be. 

Also, would it be too much to ask if Lego DIDN'T include road plates with the buildings. I also hope the police academy is an actual building. I'd hate for it to just be a set with vehicles and people. 

The road plate are not the reason for the prices, it's simply LEGO price gouging. If a set can be 30 Euro there is no need for it to be $45 (The Farmer's Market Truck), that has no baseplate and still twice as much then in other countries.

I got the grocery store from Kohl's for $49, it's been 30% off for Black Friday Month. Plus I added a DOTS pack for $2.50 and got $15 Kohl's Cash to get the Friends recycling truck for $5.

20 minutes ago, Maple said:

I got the grocery store from Kohl's for $49, it's been 30% off for Black Friday Month.

WHOA!!!!! That's nice man! $49 is even better. 

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

WHOA!!!!! That's nice man! $49 is even better. 

It's still on sale. OOS online, but you can ship to store.

I don’t know why i keep checking this thread and see if there is any reveal, even when it’s Thanksgiving Day in USA. Sure, you can call me crazy. 

35 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t know why i keep checking this thread and see if there is any reveal, even when it’s Thanksgiving Day in USA. Sure, you can call me crazy. 

I don't mean to be so negative. I'm hoping for the wave to be revealed too. But I'm setting low standards. I don't think it'll be all that exciting. 

40 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I don't mean to be so negative. I'm hoping for the wave to be revealed too. But I'm setting low standards. I don't think it'll be all that exciting. 

As long as a few sets that are exciting, I will take them, skipping other several sets. Like a cool vehcile, or aweome animal molds. 

The koala and the falcon are a great start to 2023. Some more new animals in city would be good. Running out of room in my city, so hoping only a couple of sets are must haves.

2 hours ago, dilligan said:

The koala and the falcon are a great start to 2023. Some more new animals in city would be good. Running out of room in my city, so hoping only a couple of sets are must haves.

Agreed with you that koala and falcon are the great start to 2023! I’m looking forward to see some new and recolored animal molds in City’s winter wave.

To be honest, I hope they would do animal-oriented summer subtheme, like Ocean Exploration (anglerfish, hammerhead shark, great white shark, manta ray), Wildlie Rescue (maned lion, elephant, elephant calf, monkey,and lion cub), and, at last but not least, Farm (cow calf, sheep (with a new fleece mold), lamb, piglet). 

And we got several recolored animals like cow, python, white lion, crocodile, African eagle, chickens, gray rabbit from these subthemes.

i just love to populate my animal kingdom. :)

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed with you that koala and falcon are the great start to 2023! I’m looking forward to see some new and recolored animal molds in City’s winter wave.

To be honest, I hope they would do animal-oriented summer subtheme, like Ocean Exploration (anglerfish, hammerhead shark, great white shark, manta ray), Wildlie Rescue (maned lion, elephant, elephant calf, monkey,and lion cub), and, at last but not least, Farm (cow calf, sheep (with a new fleece mold), lamb, piglet). 

And we got several recolored animals like cow, python, white lion, crocodile, African eagle, chickens, gray rabbit from these subthemes.

i just love to populate my animal kingdom. :)

Is the falcon a recolour of the seagull?