Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

Holidays Main Street (the new Winter Village set) is now on Lego S@H.

Yup,it does have City style. Take a look at the buildings’ style. 

I notice that Ultimate stunt Driver Challlenge has an absurdly high price point while the piece counts are really low????

On 9/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Holidays Main Street (the new Winter Village set) is now on Lego S@H.

Yup,it does have City style. Take a look at the buildings’ style. 

I think it will pair really well with the Harry Potter Hogsmeade set. 

10 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

I think it will pair really well with the Harry Potter Hogsmeade set. 

Ehhh, I guess you could do that. 

I know Hogmeade would look great with Santa’s Visit but with Holiday Main Street, I don’t know. 

this new Winter Village seems to have City style to me rather than village-y. 

On another note.......my other curiousity goes toward the electric sports car. I'd hope for it to be 4-stud wide, but that hope won't last long. I'm assuming it'll be like the sports car that came out in 2021, but only a different color and electric. I think it should be green to represent "going green", if you know what I mean. 

16 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

On another note.......my other curiousity goes toward the electric sports car. I'd hope for it to be 4-stud wide, but that hope won't last long. I'm assuming it'll be like the sports car that came out in 2021, but only a different color and electric. I think it should be green to represent "going green", if you know what I mean. 

It’s $10 so I am assuming it would be four-stud wide. But given the piece count, it’s little too much for the sports car. I wonder if there is a charging post?

I know what you mean by “going green”. It’s a great sign that TLG has a “green” attitude!

34 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It’s $10 so I am assuming it would be four-stud wide. But given the piece count, it’s little too much for the sports car. I wonder if there is a charging post?

I know what you mean by “going green”. It’s a great sign that TLG has a “green” attitude!

Unless a reasonably sized charging post is included, I'm betting on a 6-stud wide vehicle judging off of how Lego has done single boxed City automobiles since 2019. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Unless a reasonably sized charging post is included, I'm betting on a 6-stud wide vehicle judging off of how Lego has done single boxed City automobiles since 2019. 

Or it includes the powered motor, similiar to the Stuntz motorcycles that would increase the width of the sports car.

Other than leaked list, still no updates yet. Iknow it’s too early but Hallowe’en is  getting real closer so it should be a leak season soon. 

Anyways, i just bought Vintage Tax (GWP) off amazon. I’m thinking about buying Modular blogs like Police Station and Bouique Hotel. I just think they will blend with City well. 

On 10/19/2022 at 5:35 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Other than leaked list, still no updates yet. Iknow it’s too early but Hallowe’en is  getting real closer so it should be a leak season soon. 

About that we don't not much than the leaked list and piece count of the sets, stonewars and Promobricks seem to be really quiet about City now. I doubt they will post anything about the sets (details), guess we have to wait until lego or some other retailer gives us the images. 

I think the current way of reveals usually being around first week of December has a lot to do with trying to sell existing products for christmas etc.

I don't think it's a coincidence that official reveals for winter sets often are right after Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend, and official start of selling sets starts at 26 December (Boxing Day, which is a shopping day in some areas)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 10/21/2022 at 8:57 AM, Powered by Bricks said:

About that we don't not much than the leaked list and piece count of the sets, stonewars and Promobricks seem to be really quiet about City now. I doubt they will post anything about the sets (details), guess we have to wait until lego or some other retailer gives us the images. 

Understood but i feel like it’s forever for us to wait for leaks / offical reveals.  :/

Friends theme is really interesting. It will have new 8 characters and they have some great set ideas. It seems they get more better than City theme, in my honest opinion. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:50 PM, williejm said:

I for one think that even if we just stick solely to a ‘City’ interpretation of City - we still are animal-lacking. No pigeons, crows, ducks, raccoons, foxes or falcons for a start ;)

A Fox would be so awesome! I still can't believe Lego hasn't made a Wolf yet, they're a super popular animal. Akita and the Wargs don't count.

And Friends sets in 2023 seem not to have included any vehicles. I really appreciate that they focus on the buildings instead of cars. Now don’t get me wrong….I’m really tired of seeing so many vehicles in City theme. City is not always about vehicles.

I wonder if City is getting a reboot soon (mainly meaning character wise), with Friends getting completely reworked, and rumours of Ninjago changing as well, I wonder if at least some City things will change a bit.

While City has improved a bit at least on their figures (no more 80% duke detain in police sets).

However, some of the "named" City characters have been great recently, with more unique styles, colors and hair pieces etc, and even while some characters do repeat in sets, (for example Stuntz characters show in up in Hospital or Advent calendar).

While Duke and Freya still appeared in 2022 sets, distribution of characters has gotten somewhat better compared to 2019/2020, which had more repeats.

Currently I can't find anything if LEGO City Adventures will have a season 5, not that I really follow the show, but it could affect characters in sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

31 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I wonder if City is getting a reboot soon (mainly meaning character wise), with Friends getting completely reworked, and rumours of Ninjago changing as well, I wonder if at least some City things will change a bit.

While City has improved a bit at least on their figures (no more 80% duke detain in police sets).

However, some of the "named" City characters have been great recently, with more unique styles, colors and hair pieces etc, and even while some characters do repeat in sets, (for example Stuntz characters show in up in Hospital or Advent calendar).

While Duke and Freya still appeared in 2022 sets, distribution of characters has gotten somewhat better compared to 2019/2020, which had more repeats.

Currently I can't find anything if LEGO City Adventures will have a season 5, not that I really follow the show, but it could affect characters in sets.

If that does happen, I'd be shocked. Like you said, they just did a refurbishment on Friends. So I wouldn't be surprised if one was done for City too. 

Is it just me who preferred it without any named characters?  I accepted Chase McCain when he first appeared and have him once, but my sets are nearly all from 2005-2015 or roundabout then, when they weren’t yet a thing, and I liked that.  Even if  they looked identical, you could pretend they were two totally different people in a way Duke Detain 5 times you can’t - or at least it’s a lot harder.

32 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Is it just me who preferred it without any named characters?  I accepted Chase McCain when he first appeared and have him once, but my sets are nearly all from 2005-2015 or roundabout then, when they weren’t yet a thing, and I liked that.  

Now I have to agree with you on that one, @Vilhelm22. I agree, the theme was waaaaayyyyy better back when there were no named characters. Matter of fact, City back then was awesome as a whole. Not just because of there being no named characters (with the exception of Chase McCain), but the buildings and vehicles looked better back then too. The fact that the minifigures remained unnamed opened a whole slew of opportunities for imaginative play because I could come up with names for the minifigs myself. The current generation of City sets kinda forces names on you. So I agree with you 100%. 

I would be intereted in seeing City getting a reboot. Like, let’s drop current characters and introduce us to new character and we learn about thier new hobbies / personalities.  Once again, I would like to see sets without vehicles like the rebooted Friends sets and start on amazing buildings and sceneries (sorry Poodabricks!).

Freinds has EIGhT new characters, that’s incredible! We already know about thier hobbies and personalities. 

To be honest, I would love to see new City characters with disabilities being introduced to us. Just saying. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Once again, I would like to see sets without vehicles like the rebooted Friends sets and start on amazing buildings and sceneries (sorry Poodabricks!).

Um....don't be sorry! I'll start buying sets again if that actually happens. 

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Is it just me who preferred it without any named characters?  I accepted Chase McCain when he first appeared and have him once, but my sets are nearly all from 2005-2015 or roundabout then, when they weren’t yet a thing, and I liked that.  Even if  they looked identical, you could pretend they were two totally different people in a way Duke Detain 5 times you can’t - or at least it’s a lot harder.

It goes both ways for me, I don't really care about the name or story , especially not in City, but I do like some of the characters getting special attention in terms of looks. (characters like Gracie Goodheart or Chief Wheeler still stand out over the regular police figs), Snake Rattler is some stereotypical western outlaw styled bandit, then the Stuntz people, ice cream bandits and some others have some rather colorful looking figs.

But yeah Duke Detain appeared as the same exact fig a few too many times, probably the case of a "main character" of the LCA show.

However, especially in 2022, even the "unnamed" figs have become more unique, just some examples that unnamed figs don't have to be bland or boring.

cty1439.pngcty1364.pngcty1442.pngcty1360.pngcty1482.pngcty1474.pngcty1470.png

Edited by TeriXeri

Lego has released Friends and Avatar sets so hopefully City are not far behind. Lego City has a incredible number of animals the 2 last years so existing to see if they can keep it up next year:excited: