Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2023 Leaks, Rumours, Speculation And Discussion

15 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh, now that’s your unpopular opinon? Ironically, I think vehicles are quite overrated - we are opposite there. 

Without animals, City sets may not be sold very well even with buildings and vehicles alone. I absolutely enjoy seeing more diverse animals throughout City theme, from Arctic  to ocean, to African savannah. Of course, kids want animals! :)

Am I honestly a criminal (lame pun intended) for saying that? Recently, I have been hearing way more about animals than I do about buildings. On pretty much every Lego City forum, I see comments about animal moulds. To be honest, if it sounded like I was upset when I talked about animals being overrated, its kinda because I was. City is my favorite theme, but I would like to talk about other things other than animals. 

Edited by Poodabricks

19 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Am I honestly a criminal (lame pun intended) for saying that? Recently, I have been hearing way more about animals than I do about buildings. On pretty much every Lego City forum, I see comments about animal moulds. To be honest, if it sounded like I was upset when I talked about animals being overrated, its kinda because I was. City is my favorite theme, but I would like to talk about other things other than animals. 

Well…I mean, animals are definitely a part of City theme as animals are more nomral rather than fantasy or science fiction. And animal fans are surely crazy about these new / recolored animals and some of us wish for some new animals that we never got before (out of pure speculation). To be honest, it’s not a taboo at all. City forum is where we can talk about buildings, vehicles AND aniamls that are included in the upcoming sets. And nimal fans do talk about animals in other theme, like CMF other than minifigures themselves, by the way.

I’m sorry to hear that you are upset if we talk about aniamls out of the blue. City is one of my favorite themes but I’m not enough crazy about vehicles or buildings. Just a change of mood. 

We (me and other animal fans) can stop talking about aniamls here if you like to?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Nobody should have to stop talking about things they enjoy just because one member might be bored - they can easily scroll past any comments that are not of interest and generate conversations about things they do enjoy, to which people will respond if it is interesting to them. I have previously set out a detailed response as to why new animal moulds are an important part of new City set for me nowadays. Those of us who have been collecting for decades want to see things we don't already have, things that haven't appeared before and things we cannot create using existing parts. The lack of animals available has been a gaping hole in Lego's depiction of the world around us for a long time and it is only recent years that more have become available. City sets are still available, but the inclusion of animals generally doesn't detract from the set as a whole but provide a huge incentive to buy. For example, the kittens in the fire brigade set. Of course the set would be fine without the kittens but I wouldn't buy it, as there's nothing much there I cannot create from my existing collection.

I never said don't talk about it at all. I'm just talking about the hype for them. We see the same animals every year for City; house pets or some species of wild animals. We do get the occasional bug every now and then. But for the most part, it's really nothing we haven't heard of in City before. Matter of fact, I put animals on the same level as emergency based sets. Overrated! 

Things like a doughnut shop (2019) or a grocery store (this year) get me interested. 

Edited by Poodabricks

45 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Animals in my opinion are overrated. I'm looking forward to the buildings and vehicles of 2023.

I think the contrary, vehicles are everywhere, I'm not against it, I'm just not into it. People have wanted LEGO animals for a long time because there were none or very few of them during a long time (unlike Playmo : I've been waited 30 years between the calf and piglet Playmo and the LEGO ones this year).
City is a great theme to bring them, different animals from different places/situations, it's always a "plus" for a set. 

37 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah1 I do hope more animals will be included next year too. 

Friends already have giraffe, raccoon zebra, panda, llama but City doesn’t ahve them yet. I’m little jealous… and I surely hope CMF Series 24 have some great animal molds as well!

With the previous years and this year, I think we will get more animals for sure. In City theme, CMF... LEGO has that thing with "new animals by year", I have all the CMF leaflet on my restroom door and I often have that reflexion :laugh:

When I saw the Friends giraffe a few months ago, I immediatly thought of the lions and elephants from last year's sets and I thought there would soon be some in the City theme, with classical forms. It's clear that Friends has a privileged link with animals, the classical ones are rarer and that's why I started this discussion in this City thread and the animals one :) I love them since my childhood. Majisto's gray parrot had a big place in my childhood stories  :parrot: :wub:

3 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I never said don't talk about it at all. I'm just talking about the hype for them. We see the same animals every year for City; house pets or some species of wild animals. We do get the occasional bug every now and then. But for the most part, it's really nothing we haven't heard of in City before. Matter of fact, I put animals on the same level as emergency based sets. Overrated! 

Things like a doughnut shop (2019) or a grocery store (this year) get me interested. 

Iknow you never said we should stop talking about animals. But i feel like you don’t appprove us talking about animals more than just buildings and vehicles. 

Please don’t take it too personal, okay? Now, I will not go into discussion with you more further for your own sake. 

19 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Iknow you never said we should stop talking about animals. But i feel like you don’t appprove us talking about animals more than just buildings and vehicles. 

Please don’t take it too personal, okay? Now, I will not go into discussion with you more further for your own sake. 

I'm sorry dude. 😞 

I remember the reviews of the 2022 police station calling out the parking booth at the back being useless and leading to nowhere, now hopefully with the police academy, I wonder if it'll at least have some road plate in front to attach to the back of the Police station.

And then there's a Mobile Dog Training smaller set, which would also make sense with the small dog training ground in front of the 2022 police station theme, maybe it's a vehicle with some obstacles and a dog cage included , which then can be deployed and played with.

And the Police Station Breakout set, hopefully is focused around a cell block expansion to the side of the station. 

It's not the first time, multiple City sets are meant to fit together (optionally).

Most recently would be the structures in 2021 60281: Fire Rescue Helicopter and 60282: Fire Command Unit resembling some type of LEGO-fied nuclear reactor with some strange glowing green material.

Edited by TeriXeri

I for one think that even if we just stick solely to a ‘City’ interpretation of City - we still are animal-lacking. No pigeons, crows, ducks, raccoons, foxes or falcons for a start ;)

I do hope the White Horse is returning, and City seems a logical place based on multiple factors, like Horse Trailer & others.

• Advent Calendar has a Foal
  • LEGO masters NL/BE had the white horse available , but that is no indication of a part coming back (multiple regions had monorails for example).

6284169.jpg

The brown horse recently was made again in a set, so white returning isn't out of the question.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I remember the reviews of the 2022 police station calling out the parking booth at the back being useless and leading to nowhere, now hopefully with the police academy, I wonder if it'll at least have some road plate in front to attach to the back of the Police station.

Yeah! I saw those complaints myself and I was like "All the classic police stations (2014, 2017 and 2020) had random lift gates that led to nowhere. I mean...why is it any different now? However, I do have to admit that if they do exactly what you have in mind, that would actually be pretty cool given that the police station in my town (which is the 2022 btw) would officially become the best police headquarters out there. 

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I do hope the White Horse is returning, and City seems a logical place based on multiple factors, like Horse Trailer & others.

Hide contents
  • Advent Calendar has a Foal
  • LEGO masters NL/BE had the white horse available , but that is no indication of a part coming back (multiple regions had monorails for example).

6284169.jpg

The brown horse recently was made again in a set, so white returning isn't out of the question.

What is NL/BE?

I’m quite curious about Winter Village set - the rumors said it would have a tram. I don’t know if a white horse would be included in it tho.

6 hours ago, williejm said:

I for one think that even if we just stick solely to a ‘City’ interpretation of City - we still are animal-lacking. No pigeons, crows, ducks, raccoons, foxes or falcons for a start ;)

I hear ya!

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! I saw those complaints myself and I was like "All the classic police stations (2014, 2017 and 2020) had random lift gates that led to nowhere. I mean...why is it any different now? However, I do have to admit that if they do exactly what you have in mind, that would actually be pretty cool given that the police station in my town (which is the 2022 btw) would officially become the best police headquarters out there. 

“Classic”? Why police stations in 2014, 2017 and 2020 are classic?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Classic”? Why police stations in 2014, 2017 and 2020 are classic?

Edited 25 minutes

Before the specialized units were discontinued, "Classic" Police was a term used to describe the regular city based police sets. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is NL/BE?

Netherlands / Belgium, LEGO Masters Season 3, 2022.

Edited by TeriXeri

7 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Netherlands / Belgium, LEGO Masters Season 3, 2022.

Oh ok, thanks. Well, i sure hope we will see white horses would be available eventually. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Before the specialized units were discontinued, "Classic" Police was a term used to describe the regular city based police sets. 

Ohhh I do not consider them as “classic”, they are kinda “new”. But I got what you meant. 

Stonewars just posted a list for the city line up for 2023, including release date, piece count and prices. The first post of this topic got updated featuring the new information. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

33 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Stonewars just posted a list for the city line up for 2023, including release date, piece count and prices. The first post of this topic got updated featuring the new information. 

Thank you so much for the updates!

Now i”m curious about Bear Stunt Bike. And “Cyber” Stunt Bike? What is that??

and as for animal-sugggested sets like Animal Rescue Vehcile and Off-Roader Adventurer don’t sound very promising for any new animals to me based their prices. But I will rescue my judgment for now. 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thank you so much for the updates!

Now i”m curious about Bear Stunt Bike. And “Cyber” Stunt Bike? What is that?

From what I Believe its supposed to be a futuristic bike, like the ones from the movie "Tron Legacy" 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

2 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

From what I Believe its supposed to be a futuristic bike, like the ones from the movie "Tron Legacy" 

It’s little hard to imagine if that bike is in “real life” not in “cyber world” but yeah i think you may be right about a high-tech bike. 

On 9/12/2022 at 4:33 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ohhh I do not consider them as “classic”, they are kinda “new”. But I got what you meant. 

More like classic building style, not necessarily classic, is the way I kind of view it.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:33 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Its kinda difficult to explain! Perhaps I should've just said, regular police instead.