madoka

PAB's silver metallic vs. BL's metallic silver

I ordered "silver metallic" helmets from PAB, but they seem to be different from what BL lists as "metallic silver." The ones from PAB seem to be a flat silver. Why is there this difference in description and what does Lego call BL's "metallic silver?"

(For the record, the silver metallic parts go for $0.34 each whereas the BL metallic silver goes for $4 each, so I'd like to know how to tell the difference.)

Edited by madoka

This has always been the case. BL simply uses different names for the colors. LEGO calls BL's "Metallic Silver" "Silver Ink" based on the actual coating process used, and their "Metallic Silver" is indeed just what passes as "Flat Silver" on BL.

Mylenium

One is molded in pearl silver (likely the cheaper one) while the other is drum-lacquered with silver paint. At least, that's as much as I understand it. Both look fine, but I prefer the drum-lacquered look as it's shinier.

I’m not convinced Bricklink has it right, I have flat silver spears and flat silver lightsaber hilts and they’re completely  different - the hilt is distinctly metallic.

Maybe its a Bricklink seller issue but I’ve acquired all of these from multiple orders each so I find that unlikely.

(picture is a flat silver rigid hose, same issue though)

1RPmaD7.jpg

Edited by woodford86