Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

Between Barnes & Noble & my local Walmart I was able to complete my series 24 collection today.  I still need to get some extras of a few of the figures but I was able to get a few multiples of ones I wanted more than one of.  I should receive my two 6 pack boxes from Lego tomorrow so hopefully I'll get most of what I want.

It seems that no physical stores, except official LEGO Stores, have these minifigs yet.

Amazon se, I'm not counting as a physical store, even tho they now sell these minifigs.

In Germany I found the ones I wanted (Falconer, Newspaper Kid and Conservationist with Koala) in a Lego Store and at Müller. (Galeria Kaufhof didn’t seem to have them.)

19 minutes ago, The Reader said:

In Germany I found the ones I wanted (Falconer, Newspaper Kid and Conservationist with Koala) in a Lego Store and at Müller. (Galeria Kaufhof didn’t seem to have them.)

You make good choices!

Finally found some at the lego store in Danbury CT.   I got 2 trolls and a conservationist for the koala.  All the targets and walmarts I've been to have not had any so far.  I will try barnes and noble tomorrow.  

The two 6-pack boxes I ordered from Lego gave me a complete set of 12.  I had already gotten at least one of each from my visits to Barnes & Noble and Walmart the other day.  A few doubles will be going back to Walmart since there are some figures I didn't want doubles of.  So other than maybe another Falconer or two and another Spaceman I think I'm done with this series.  I have to decide if I want to keep the third Orc and maybe grab one more Conservationist, Aristocrat and Carrot Guy.

Nice :)

LEGO Shop, Europe, or atleast Sweden, has only single boxes for sale. And a max of 12.

Has anyone from Canada found them in store yet ? My best brick and mortar store is a Toys R Us near my home (where I’m at ease to feel the bags before buying them at 6 $ a piece !)but it has not received them yet, though they have plenty of Serie 23, more than when I bought some a few months ago…

1 hour ago, Hippocampe said:

Has anyone from Canada found them in store yet ? My best brick and mortar store is a Toys R Us near my home (where I’m at ease to feel the bags before buying them at 6 $ a piece !)but it has not received them yet, though they have plenty of Serie 23, more than when I bought some a few months ago…

The Walmart I got the rest of my Series 24 figs from week before last has a bunch of the Series 23 figures out right now.  No more series 24 yet.

Anyone else get short changed on a minifig in a box of 36. My box had 5 X Dino guy and only one Robot. It’s not horrible, but I thought each case was a guaranteed 3 sets 

9 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Anyone else get short changed on a minifig in a box of 36. My box had 5 X Dino guy and only one Robot. It’s not horrible, but I thought each case was a guaranteed 3 sets 

Nothing is guaranteed they are blind-bags after all. I think Lego try to pack 3 of each, but they do not say it is and errors happen so think it is rather common to get a mix up..

Finally I got mine too and since a while I got 3 complete sets in one box.  Really like this series and I think it's better than the last one or two, not comparing with series 23 though since that one has special theme.  Now I really want to have an army of space babies and t-rex costume =P

On 1/31/2023 at 9:58 AM, thatblockoguy said:

Yes for about the 4th or 5th time. I got 4 referees and 2 Potters in one of three sealed (still in the brown outer) boxes.

edit: it’s really going to suck if this happens when they move to boxes. Currently I can go to a shop and feel out the missing character (and fingers crossed it’s not one of the more popular ones that the local scalpers have already picked out). Won’t be so easy when they’re boxed ☹️

Edited by Coopa182

Got all 10 figures I needed at the Lego store. Gonna miss feeling bags when they go boxes. Some thoughts now that I see them in person

• Clay Potter is a lot more exciting in real life than over images. Her color scheme is adorable and I don’t mind the color on the legs fading out. 

• Space Hunter - he’s the best of the series by far. When seeing images I’d have otherwise thought it’d be the orc or the aristocrat. His head mold is reminiscent of Soundwave from Transformers. He actually reminds me of both Soundwave and Shockwave. His little exhaust opening in the back is such a clever detail he has the most personality out of all the figs. One of my favorites of all CMF series the more I look at him

• Aristocrat - the dog feels more annoying of an accessory when you see him irl. Should have given her a new cake mold that could have been reused for a Sleeping Beauty cottage with Aurora and the 3 fairies. Or a piece of bread as well. Just wish she came with food or a better dog lol. Dress is beautiful

Most other figures retain my initial impression its a great series and I’m so happy Lego finally made a purple series. Its actually more on the pink side of purple which leaves several shades open for future use. Darker purples or brighter pinks. All that’s left is to army build the orc. 

Well I guess the only real update is that i wound up getting the Falconer. Feelings the hard winged falcon mold changed my mind at the store. I was initially going to get all but her, the horse rocking girl and the carrot suit guy. But I caved and got her and I’m glad I did. Army building black falcon knights is a lot of fun, her hair is currently sitting on my 2020 Black Widow figure cause its the closest to a comic accurate Black Widow I can get. And the falcon piece looks so good.  

I’m late to the party but was I the only one who had a really difficult time finding these at any stores? I can probably count on one hand the number of times I’d seen these in-person.

Anyway, I decided to finally try to get my complete series last week so I went to a Walmart that was farther away from me. This paid off though, as they had the packs discounted to $3 a pop, which brought back memories from when that used to be the norm. I was able to find most of the characters there, plus an extra of that Classic Spaceman. I found a ton of the Referee there interestingly. The only characters I wasn’t able to find any of were the Falconer and Rocking Horse Girl, both of which I managed to pick up at a Joann’s Fabric, where I was also able to get the packs for $3 each interestingly enough.

All in all, the only figure I missed in my hunt was the Space Robot because I accidentally grabbed an extra Dinosaur figure. I guess I mistook the Dinosaur head for the Robot head, which was especially annoying because I knew I felt other Robot figures later on but didn’t grab them because I thought I had already found it. I ended up just ordering that one online, but now I can say I have a complete set! I believe this is my fifth complete CMF series in a row.

I generally liked the series when it first got leaked last December, but I wasn’t feeling a huge rush to go out and get them. That may be due to my ongoing Lego burnout recently, but I was pretty impressed with all of the figures once I had them in-hand. I will say that none of them really stand out to me as a clear favorite, besides the Classic Spaceman which feels like a cheat of answer. Despite my difficulty finding it, I did really like that Space Robot figure. I also like the Koala Guy, Dinosaur Suit, Newspaper Boy and surprisingly I really like the Ref figure for some reason. Maybe it’s because it’s my first time getting a piece with that new highlighter yellow color. The only one I really dislike is the Rocking Horse Girl just because she’s so bland and generic.

I will say that I did notice some small quality issues on a few of the faces however. The face paint on the Queen looked a little rubbed off and a few of the other characters’ face prints were a bit imperfect as well, including the Classic Spaceman. Nothing too major but I feel like I said something similar about one of the other CMF series last year.

All in all though, I like this series. Kinda crazy that this will be the last non-licensed series in bags.

Glad you were able to collect your complete series 24.  I really liked almost all of these.  The one I really didn't like or want was the Referee.  I ordered 2 six pack boxes from Lego.com and actually got a complete set.  I then lucked out at my local Walmarts to get multiples of the ones I wanted more than one of.  Wasn’t a fan of the T-rex or Space Robot so only have one of each of those.  I wanted to like the Space Robot but the colors just didn't impress me.  I wish the T-rex had been a bit more more colorful also.  I don't think the Referee one was on most people's wanted lists so there are plenty of those to be found when you find stock somewhere.  The Rocking Horse Girl & Space Robot were also plentiful around here.  The hard ones to find were definitely the Falconer & Orc as well as the Spaceman with baby.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:40 PM, The Stud said:

I will say that I did notice some small quality issues on a few of the faces however. The face paint on the Queen looked a little rubbed off and a few of the other characters’ face prints were a bit imperfect as well, including the Classic Spaceman. Nothing too major but I feel like I said something similar about one of the other CMF series last year.

Were the packets creased? As some people seem to feel the packets in a very heavy handed way, possibly scratching parts inside.

This is for me exceptional series, I bought whole box and I found usage of all these figures in my dioramas.

Baby Spaceman is probably greatest figure from CMF period.