Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

10 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

I can't believe they are re-using a face from City for that little girl with the rocking horse. That feels just wrong

Designer 1: How plain and forgetable do you want this minifigure to be? 

Designer 2: Yes. 

I’m essentially trying to collect every CMF now (that’s the long term goal anyway) so no real “skips” or “wants” for me. I’ve really enjoyed just about every CMF series since the change to 12 figs a series and this one is no different. Not as strong as 21 or 22 in my opinion, but there’s a lot to like here.

The newspaper boy is probably my favorite figure. The hat piece is cool, I like the silly facial expression and the Series 18 Classic Police Man reference is a nice touch. I’d say I like the Conservationist about the same though because of that adorable Koala, plus I like seeing that curly hair/hat combo being used more.

The brown spaceman is fantastic as well of course, though my one nitpick is Baby Benny having pupils in his eyes instead of just plain black dots. I’ll have to get a second one to go with my classic space display. The not-Marie Antoinette is charming enough and the T-Rex guy is one of the better costume figures in my opinion. Gundam Boba Fett looks rad and the Potter is fairly unique. Though it’s not super interesting or unique, I do kinda like the ref lady for some reason.

The rest are ones I would skip if I wasn’t trying to complete all the CMFs. The goblin dude and carrot costume guy are just fine to me. The most interesting part of the Black Falcon lady to me is the falcon accessory itself. The “Rockin’ Horse Rider” is one of my least favorite CMFs in quite some time. The trope of generic kids with neat accessories annoys me more than the costume figures, as those are at least unique. This figure uses a massively overused face print (for some reason), a hairpiece that’s a similar color to the Series 18 party girl and the detailing on the torso and legs are no better than an average City figure. The rocking horse itself is neat but overall, very weak inclusion here.

Overall, this is another solid series for me. Nothing really blows me away but I still like a lot here. I look forward to looking for these, I’ll probably buy a couple packs at the Lego Store on January 1st and then hunt for the rest. It does kinda bum me out that this will be the second to last series I “hunt” for. I’m buying complete sets online henceforth once they change to boxes.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:26 PM, ToaIruini said:

Not a fan of this trend of including boring minifigures with exciting accessories. The last five or so series have a figure in this category: awesome new element, but a distinct lack of detail. 

The boy with piñata and girl with foal come to mind immediately. 

Piñata boy for sure, but the girl with the foal was a great minifg. Medium legs in a new color, same with hat/hair. Nice tiros print & a fun head print. They definitely went the lazy route by giving the piñata boy a plain torso. Even though it was kinda understandable given the poncho. Another sombrero was nice. But then I just thought about the Pea costume...has a salad printed on her torso. And I believe the Chili pepper has a print as well. 

Actually, for me it was the opposite: I liked Piñata Boy waaaaaaaaaay more than the girl with the foal

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Piñata boy for sure, but the girl with the foal was a great minifg. Medium legs in a new color, same with hat/hair. Nice tiros print & a fun head print. They definitely went the lazy route by giving the piñata boy a plain torso. Even though it was kinda understandable given the poncho. Another sombrero was nice. But then I just thought about the Pea costume...has a salad printed on her torso. And I believe the Chili pepper has a print as well. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Actually, for me it was the opposite: I liked Piñata Boy waaaaaaaaaay more than the girl with the foal

Okay, previous plain figs with cool accessories aside (since we all have our own opinions) - can we all agree that the girl who comes with the rocking horse is the lamest of them all?

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Okay, previous plain figs with cool accessories aside (since we all have our own opinions) - can we all agree that the girl who comes with the rocking horse is the lamest of them all?

Yes she's lame but I need that rocking horse so will try to at least get 2 of her.

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Even though I like her, I can agree to that. Reusing a City face is a pretty lame move. CMFs have some of the best expressions & having such a reused one is disappointing. As I mentioned before though, I never did get her hair(I’ve been meaning to get the tractor just keep skipping over it) so I’m happy in that regard. Her torso print is a good too. The face really knocks it down it a few pegs though. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

No, not really. I like her. But her face from City is still a minus. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I get the critiquing of that figure - but everyone seems to be forgetting the awesome new unicorn T-shirt torso 🦄

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Agree 100% Probably the worst CMF yet. (Even Maggie from Simpsons S2 was better)

They could had made like a victorian era kid

girl on a rocking horse cheap buy onlinehobby rocking and stick horse Schaukelpferd

Or even something like a little cowgirl costume

Cowgirl Clipart Western Party - Cute Cowgirl Clipart, HD Png Download ,  Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

51 minutes ago, williejm said:

I get the critiquing of that figure - but everyone seems to be forgetting the awesome new unicorn T-shirt torso 🦄

Yeah I'm really digging that shirt print! It's just enough to push me to buy the whole figure rather than just wait for the rocking horse to turn up on Bricklink or B&P. (Series 21 Violin Kid was a similar situation - wouldn't have been worth it to buy the figure just for the accessory if not for the cool Blacktron II shirt print.)

1 hour ago, williejm said:

This.somehow I forgot to mention but this this.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Okay, the unicorn shirt is cute - feels like it came out of a BAM tower rather than a CMF - but it’s still cute 

On 11/25/2022 at 1:49 AM, Clone OPatra said:

We still lack a proper grey one as well though. 

Grey would be cool, almost like a tribute to the Exploriens line

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Agree 100% Probably the worst CMF yet. (Even Maggie from Simpsons S2 was better)

In terms of being something that could/would come in sets, I'd argue Lloyd from the LEGO Ninjago Movie series is actually worse. The only thing exclusive to that figure, even at the time it was released, is a 1x3 printed tile. The head is only exclusive because it doesn't have the reverse side, so is actually worse than equivalent heads in the sets.

However, it's a much more attractive figure by itself IMO, and even massable.

Popcorn guy from the last series was pretty bad too, but at least had recoloured legs. A simple recolour of a more rare hairpiece would elevate rocking horse girl a lot.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:00 AM, The Stud said:

The brown spaceman is fantastic as well of course, though my one nitpick is Baby Benny having pupils in his eyes instead of just plain black dots. 

Maybe thats a bit of lore about the classic spacemen: they are born with pupils and they just fade or fall down during puberty

21 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Some Targets already have these out, according to posts and pics on Facebook

Not falling for it. The last time I jumped the gun and bought CMFs stocked at Target before the official release date (Muppets), I wound up with four Fozzies. Not taking that chance again. :tongue:

Do we know if the Koala is detachable from the (Eucalyptus?) plant piece yet?

I agree about Rocking Horse Girl - would have been better in a cowgirl costume.

20 hours ago, Karalora said:

Not falling for it. The last time I jumped the gun and bought CMFs stocked at Target before the official release date (Muppets), I wound up with four Fozzies.

I’m sure you can get a cream for that. 

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

Do we know if the Koala is detachable from the (Eucalyptus?) plant piece yet?

I agree about Rocking Horse Girl - would have been better in a cowgirl costume.

Video review shows two plant pieces and one koala - I think it’s safe to assume the koala is a separate piece 

I love that collection so much ! It never happened that I bought all the items of a Serie, sometimes not one at all, but this time, it will be the the highest proportion that I intend to get, 75 %

Found roughly two boxes worth scattered amongst the check-out lanes at my local Target yesterday.  You definitely get some angry comments from customers if you hold up a line trying to quickly feel a few bags. My own wife's impatience led her to just pull an entire row off the hook and take them home to sort through.

I found four bags tonight at my local Target but I left one since I think it was the Referee.  They were in a Dots box in the Friends & Disney Princess Lego Aisle.  Nothing to be found in the check out lanes.