Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

I've not been into CMFs long enough, and never care for packaging, but what is the desire for purple bags about?

Edited by RichardGoring
Typo

3 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I've not been into CMFs long enough, and never care for packaging, but what is the desire for people bags about?

LEGO is switching from the classic bags to VIDIYO Bandmates-style boxes in September of next year; the main complaint is that the contents of the blind package will no longer be able to be determined in-store. 

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

First review is up

Spacebaby has a single mould for their head, helmet, and airtanks. Also, does the Black Falcon have a new cape, or is it just the regular double-hole cut positioned at an angle? 🤔

Not a fan of this trend of including boring minifigures with exciting accessories. The last five or so series have a figure in this category: awesome new element, but a distinct lack of detail. 

The boy with piñata and girl with foal come to mind immediately. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

LEGO is switching from the classic bags to VIDIYO Bandmates-style boxes in September of next year; the main complaint is that the contents of the blind package will no longer be able to be determined in-store. 

Oops, typo. I meant purple bags. I get the bags vs box thing, but thank you!

So the robot is an alien. When i saw him the first time i didn’t like him at all. He is now growing on me. Still i think the colors are too wild, but he’s becoming more and more an insect kinda alien to me. 
So, will try to get him as well

1 hour ago, ToaIruini said:

Not a fan of this trend of including boring minifigures with exciting accessories. The last five or so series have a figure in this category: awesome new element, but a distinct lack of detail. 

The boy with piñata and girl with foal come to mind immediately. 

As long as they include a new animal I do not mind other stuff I am less fond makes it a harder pill to swallow. However I think the girl with the foal had a lot of nice parts/prints, the girl with the rocking horse is boring and I do not have much use for it even if it is nice so might ship her :sceptic:
Maybe they are very popular among kids:
Series 20 Piñata Boy
Series 22 Horse and Groom
Series 23 Knight of the Yellow Castle
Series 24 Rockin' Horse Rider
At least they should have run out of horse toys by now :tongue:

Am I the only person who thinks that brown spaceman looks ugly as hell? Not the suit of course, by the colour? Poop-brown is the last colour I’d expect an astronaut to wear lol

Great to see there is finally a Lego drop bear! I'm glad it's down at ground level though, they're dangerous things when they get up high :wink:. This and the Classic Space man are easy buys for me. I didn't even notice it's the oldest style of face printing compared to all the modern expressive prints on the other figs; that's just how Classic Space look. I also like the Alien - definite Marvin the Martian vibes - and the stacked roller skates on the gun is a cool build technique.

1 hour ago, zinnn said:

Am I the only person who thinks that brown spaceman looks ugly as hell? Not the suit of course, by the colour? Poop-brown is the last colour I’d expect an astronaut to wear lol

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It's not very aesthetic. I get the excitement, though.

Did they really use an existing print for the rocking horse girl's head?

Edited by K_Tiger

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe they are very popular among kids:
Series 20 Piñata Boy
Series 22 Horse and Groom
Series 23 Knight of the Yellow Castle
Series 24 Rockin' Horse Rider

Knight of the Yellow Castle was very popular with the Castle crowd. I saw posts with large hordes of them

Not sure if it has been mentioned before… Anyways, something bothers me about Brown Spaceman - his eyes. I mean, look at that bab’s eyes - with white pupils. And the adult one has no white pupils.  I get it that it’s Classical Spaceman but still….

So i guess i will swap adult’s head with another head. 

So i guess i will swap adult’s head with another head. 

And I ntoice a print skull featured in Orc. That skull does remind me of the Punisher’s skull logo.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And I ntoice a print skull featured in Orc. That skull does remind me of the Punisher’s skull logo. 

only if you ignore the jaw below it ;)

I don't really get criticism of the details of Spaceman. Classic spacemen have become their own sort of icon, and LEGO has finally realised their true appeal in recent years starting with the LEGO movie. Even before then they did those "classic Minifigure" packs, but with the motorcycle helmet for the classic space figures (and misaligning the logos in some cases), those didn't really satisfy the tingling nostalgic feels.

The figure does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is be a new colour of retro classic Spaceman and that's it. It isn't an update or tribute like the CMF Johnny Thunder or updated Space Police figures; it isn't supposed to "make sense"; it's just a new colour of classic Spaceman.

I guess the colour choice is questionable only because brown is drab and they could've picked anything, but they have already covered the rainbow, so might as well do brown instead of merely a different shade of colour that has already been done IMO. We still lack a proper grey one as well though.

OMG, what a great collection !  IMO the best one since the series are limited to 12 items. I think I will buy 8 CMF of this serie. Ouch, January 1st will be a tough one on my budget, along with the 2023 Modular (for which the leaks are rather scarce…)

17 hours ago, DentedFrood said:

Knight of the Yellow Castle was very popular with the Castle crowd. I saw posts with large hordes of them

I know the foal was also popular among AFOLs, but what I meant was all the "horse-related" figs. Horse related toys are not big among adults I think, but probably kids like them in user tests, if AFOLs like the fig it is probably only a bonus :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I don't really get criticism of the details of Spaceman. Classic spacemen have become their own sort of icon, and LEGO has finally realised their true appeal in recent years starting with the LEGO movie. Even before then they did those "classic Minifigure" packs, but with the motorcycle helmet for the classic space figures (and misaligning the logos in some cases), those didn't really satisfy the tingling nostalgic feels.

The figure does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is be a new colour of retro classic Spaceman and that's it. It isn't an update or tribute like the CMF Johnny Thunder or updated Space Police figures; it isn't supposed to "make sense"; it's just a new colour of classic Spaceman.

I guess the colour choice is questionable only because brown is drab and they could've picked anything, but they have already covered the rainbow, so might as well do brown instead of merely a different shade of colour that has already been done IMO. We still lack a proper grey one as well though.

For me, it is that they put it into the CMF. I have no problem them doing new versions of Classic Spacemen. But they have done it better in the past, such as putting the torso in but still including other parts to make it CMF-like.

If they want to do whole figures, why not just do a whole rainbow set like Everyone is Awesome.

It's been a while since I've seen such a resoundingly positive reaction to a regular CMF series pretty much everywhere. Maybe S16 was the last time.

It seems S24 will be huge hit

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It's been a while since I've seen such a resoundingly positive reaction to a regular CMF series pretty much everywhere. Maybe S16 was the last time.

It seems S24 will be huge hit

Yup, this one is super solid.

Nice that we have a video review up already, I just wish there were close-ups that were better lit and more stable.

8 hours ago, Libelulo1 said:

What is the problem with it being brown? Just think that its spacesuit is rusty. The yellow one was weirder.

:pir-tongue: Fair enough!

I can't believe they are re-using a face from City for that little girl with the rocking horse. That feels just wrong.

Almost as wrong as using a bland Classic Space Face for the Brown Spaceman in the CMF line - poke poke, Clone ... LOL  ;)

But seriously, I wish they had timed the release of the rocking horse a little better. That little bugger would have made a solid addition to Christmas scenes as a toy under the tree ...

On 11/23/2022 at 6:47 PM, Robert8 said:

The Falconer's hair looks so jarring and unnatural...

The (colour of the) hair and the bow remind me of Disney's Merida.

Edited by The Reader