Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

I wonder if they're open to more Classic Spacemen variants in the future. I'd love one in dark red or dark blue. Maybe even one in sand green or tan!

Oh heck, I want all the colours!

Does ALL the colors include retired ones? :grin:

I need sand red, sand purple, and Maersk blue astronauts yesterday! Why, you ask? Who NEEDS a reason when we are talking about Classic Spacemen?!?

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

For MOCs based in reality, Koalas are native to and online live in Australia, that's why.

Quite true. But koala is not limited to my animal kingdom. :)

2 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Does ALL the colors include retired ones? :grin:

I need sand red, sand purple, and Maersk blue astronauts yesterday! Why, you ask? Who NEEDS a reason when we are talking about Classic Spacemen?!?

Hot pink! Vermillion! Saffron! Electric blue! Viridian! Cerulean! Lavender! Neon yello! 50 shades of gray! Burnt orange! Crimson! Kelly green!

59 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Is the baby a single piece though? I was under the impression that the normal baby was made of separate body and head elements, and assumed that the space baby was created by adding a third helmet+air tanks piece. 

We'll know as soon as the reviews come out, which I think will be quite soon. It could be anywhere between one piece and four really!

This is the best regular series in quite some time.  Lots of variety, great figures for all sorts of interests.  As a castle/fantasy fan I am especially excited by the orc and falconer minifigs.  I love that they're using the Black Falcon heraldry more, and that the orc's shield looks like a variation on the fantasy era orc heraldry.  As much as I like new heraldry designs, it's nice to see some of them getting reused because the world-building I feel is necessitated by each new piece of heraldry can get overwhelming lol.

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

How many new molds Seires 24 has so far?

I count at least 12. The only figure with no new ones is the referee, and I think the T.rex might have a new mask and new tail. The baby astronaut might also be more than just one new mould, but we'll see.

Hard to tell if the space robot just has one new mask that includes those shouldery bits, or if the shoulder bits are underneath the head?

The header on the video pic says “best series” .. not for me, but each to their own. I love Marie Antoinette, but the chihuahua is a strange choice ? I can only really see the Archer and the Orc being army builders of this series, which may push up their price on the secondary market. In all honesty there are 3 I want and one of those is for a gift. Just noticed how the Potter has brown ‘clay covered’ hands 😁

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

How many new molds Seires 24 has so far?

Roughly eleven (counting the Classic Spacebaby as one part (it may be more than one)); Cake Queen may have a new dress piece, but I think that it is just a recolour/reprint. The soccer ball seems to be a printed version of this

26 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

the T.rex might have a new mask and new tail. 

Hard to tell if the space robot just has one new mask that includes those shouldery bits, or if the shoulder bits are underneath the head?

The T-Rex seems to have the new Na'vi tail from the Avatar 2 sets. Also, while it is difficult to tell, I think that Gundam Fett's wing/shoulder pieces are attached to the helmet. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Is the baby a single piece though? I was under the impression that the normal baby was made of separate body and head elements, and assumed that the space baby was created by adding a third helmet+air tanks piece. 

I still dont know if it is indeed a separate piece.

I think the head and the helmet could be molded all together

I wonder if the fact that the space baby's face print is the same as a standard baby's face print suggests that it's the same individual piece with a new helmet on top. If it were a new piece, would they have just done a classic smiley like the others?

It would be nice for the space baby to be in four pieces, so that you can remove the helmet and air tanks for just a regular baby wearing a super cool romper.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I wonder if the fact that the space baby's face print is the same as a standard baby's face print suggests that it's the same individual piece with a new helmet on top. If it were a new piece, would they have just done a classic smiley like the others?

It would be nice for the space baby to be in four pieces, so that you can remove the helmet and air tanks for just a regular baby wearing a super cool romper.

I think that the helmet and airtanks will be connected (like the original Boba Fett helmet-jetpack), since the neck attachment would probably be too fragile if they were separate. 

Welp, I love this series a LOT more than standard CMF series. Definately buying at least 2 brown spacemen (who are now clearly designated as spacemen instructors or caretakers, if anyone remembers that topic from a couple months back about which colors designated which roles). I think this is my buy list:

If in bags-meaning I'm able to figure out which is which-I'll buy 2 brown spacemen, a "space warrior" for the parts, and at least 2 falcon knights. I liked the idea of the Orc, but he looks a little chima-y for me.

If in the stupid boxes, I'll just bricklink 2 of the spacemen.

3 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I love Marie Antoinette, but the chihuahua is a strange choice ?

My guess is that they were going for a papillon. I believe that’s what she had historically and in form they’re quite similar to chihuahuas. They could have made it more clear by printing the butterfly face/ear coloring that most of them have, so that’s a missed opportunity. 

Highlights for me include:

Brown Spaceman - what other major color have they yet to produce? Bright light blue? 

Marie Antoinette - they need to make a King Louis to go with that fig. Are we seeing more French buildings soon?

Carrot Guy! Wonder if the top can be removed?

Would have loved the T-rex but one feature of the animal was the huge tail to balance the forward body. I don't think it was represented well in that costume.

4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

My guess is that they were going for a papillon. I believe that’s what she had historically and in form they’re quite similar to chihuahuas. They could have made it more clear by printing the butterfly face/ear coloring that most of them have, so that’s a missed opportunity. 

Yeah, the idea that they want to pass the chihuahua mold off as a papillon occurred to me too. I didn’t know that Marie Antoinette was specifically connected to them before, but I knew they were a traditionally French breed (hence the name). And when I went to look up the French queen’s specific connection to the breed it seems there’s a decent number of anecdotes surrounding her little dogs, including a popular one that states she carried one with her to the guillotine (although obviously the dog itself was spare her fate). So definitely not a crazy choice as her accessory (an probably better than a piece of cake, especially since the infamous quote is misattributed). 

8 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Brown Spaceman - what other major color have they yet to produce? Bright light blue? 

I'd say they need to release the updated classic helmet mould in green, as the existing green ones are incomplete otherwise.

Likewise we need a proper light gray one. There's the classic helmet and airtanks in old grey, a light bley torso with the right print, and a dark bley updated classic helmet.

Also purple, while it will soon be possible to scrap together, could be released properly.

Personally I'd love to see gunmetal grey or pearl gold. Might as well be outlandish.

This series is amazing! The shade of purple seems to be brighter than I expected! So they still have darker purple tones to revisit for future series, I love that. Overall an incredible bunch I didn’t enjoy series 23 much (only 3/12 which is a bad ratio) so I’m very excited about this next bunch.

referee - I’ll admit she’s my least favorite of the one’s I intend to buy, but she’s hard to resist during World Cup season lol

space (?) shooter - don’t crucify me I’m not sure how they’ll going to officially refer to him. Obsessed. His color scheme is so refreshing and I love the unique  use of skate pieces to build a gun, very excited to get him. Space figures are some of my favorite to collect and he doesn’t disappoint. Great helmet mould unlike anything the company has done before imo

brown spacesuit guy - makes me want to track down and collect all the space suits to ever be produced. The baby space man in blue is adorable  I didn’t know I needed that

Carrot suit - I am tired of the costumed figs but its well done and the mould looks incredible

black knight falconry - I think this torso should be available on pick a brick if it isn’t already. I say that because I am pretty share this torso might be. It dwindles the significance of the fig and I’d much rather army build through pick a brick if it does end up being available there (her torso that is) 

dinosaur suit guy - I don’t care how tired I am of suited figures,  he is amazing and I need him

orc - one of the best I am so excited to army build him. The new jaw piece and the accessories are just so satisfying all combined

Steve Irwen - we got a Lego Steve Irwen figure! At least that is how I see him. Amazing gift to humanity that man was. The kola is cute and I love the cargo shorts. Are those cargo shorts? I don’t know but I’m definitely getting this guy

Potter - color me shocked, when I read the leaked list I thought this fig was gonna be a bore. The head wrap is so unique and her color scheme is so flattering I am very excited to add her to my collection.

Marie Antoinette - I agree the dog choice is weird but her hair piece is so intricate and unique, her entire get up is so exciting she’s my personal fav of the series, and I think it’s a strong series.

girl in rocking chair - I hope the rocking chair becomes available at either pick a brick or BAM. This figure is otherwise pointless given the high quality of figures in city sets, it’s hard to set her apart, you know what I mean?

Newspaper boy - perfection. The goofy expression, mid sized legs and slingshot, close second fav to a really fun series

overall a very strong come back for a pretty bad series 23. From my point of view at least.

Edited by cosmic

9 hours ago, danth said:

Gundam Fett is growing on me. 

That is perfect! The toros definitely screamed Fett to me...and now I see the helmet is totally Gundam. Great call. 

This is a great looking series. I like most of them. I haven’t gotten a set, or bought it by itself, with the dark orange pigtail piece that the rocking horse girl has...so I’m excited for that. Even though I’d rather have city minifigs be in City sets. Or that rocking horse could’ve been a highlight for this years WV set. Ah well. I love the paperboy as well(here I go again). Baby Benny is of course fantastic. Baby! Baby! BABY! New animals is always fun & just overall a nice slate of new/recolored parts. 

I’m also disappointed by the dog choice.  Someone can correct me, but my understanding of Marie Antoinette’s dogs is a bit different.  That, historically, they can show she had two when she left Vienna, and was asking for a third called a “mops”. Mops as a breed were basically the 18th century pugs (German/Dutch mastiffs) and are littered in period paintings of the aristocracy.  Having owned pugs myself, it’s distressing that Lego missed their chance to make a non-Friends pug and chose instead a breed that didn’t even really exist yet outside of Mexico (at the time). 

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Conversely, classic smile feels blasphemous for a CMF. This is the first time ever that a regular CMF reuses a face print (right?)

The girl on the rocking horse has a face that looks almost the same as a typical Lego city face …

and since everyone is talking about future colors for the spacemen I would like to see lime green and teal 

Edited by 1Panda

11 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

Disappointing! Minor changes to the Black Falcon Torso, and a limited use - wing's spread falcon.  Nice for a falconer fig, but of no use in quantity.   Orc updates look comical, just like the fig - not interested. I will stick with the classic version.  Koala is nice, but limited to Australian/Zoo builds. The paperboy is the 2nd most interesting fig, and the French Lady is cool, but extremely limited use as well.

This is the least exciting non-licensed CMF series in a LONG time. (Since series 18, although 19 was almost as bad).

This is pretty much the same for me. I'll probably get 1x BF falconer and 1x "Marie Antoinette". The BF is a real disappointment. Partly because it has yet another one of those stupid printed mini capes that ruins the torso meaning it needs to be covered by a proper cape to fit in with other caped figures and partly because it is too similar to figures in other sets. The joy of the CMF used to be that figures were different to regular sets. The orc is also a disappointment for me. From the neck down it looks like a Chima figure or a Nexo Knights villain. The jaw piece is interesting, but I cannot see myself getting an army of these and one on his own makes little sense.

I'm totally bored with costume characters and that carrot has to be the worst of them yet. Half a molded carrot costume, and the rest of it printed on the minifigure parts. So the legs are not going to be very useful with out the carrot costume. They might as well glue those together.

"Marie Antoinette" will be good for a queen, but just need one.

The others are not too bad, the paper boy is decent enough and the space-y ones are not bad.

12 minutes ago, MAB said:

Half a molded carrot costume, and the rest of it printed on the minifigure parts. So the legs are not going to be very useful with out the carrot costume. They might as well glue those together.

I'm confused - what are you alleging is printed on the carrot guy's legs? No part of the carrot itself is on the legs. I see dual moulded dark green and black legs, possibly with some print on them (looks like it on the leaflet) and possibly not (looks like not on the Brick Clicker image), but either way, there's no orange carrot on them.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm confused - what are you alleging is printed on the carrot guy's legs? No part of the carrot itself is on the legs. I see dual moulded dark green and black legs, possibly with some print on them (looks like it on the leaflet) and possibly not (looks like not on the Brick Clicker image), but either way, there's no orange carrot on them.

It might be the angle the figure is at and the low res image I saw, it looked like the fat upper part of the carrot is 3D, whereas the bottom end looks very flat and the shadow is at waist height. At least if it is a single 3D outfit the green legs and boots might be useful. It is still a completely boring yet-another-vegetable costume though!

5 hours ago, ratjag said:

I’m also disappointed by the dog choice.  Someone can correct me, but my understanding of Marie Antoinette’s dogs is a bit different.  That, historically, they can show she had two when she left Vienna, and was asking for a third called a “mops”. Mops as a breed were basically the 18th century pugs (German/Dutch mastiffs) and are littered in period paintings of the aristocracy.  Having owned pugs myself, it’s distressing that Lego missed their chance to make a non-Friends pug and chose instead a breed that didn’t even really exist yet outside of Mexico (at the time). 

I imagine it is not Marie Antoinette but just inspired by her. Like Egyptian Queen and so on (although she did once get referred to as Cleopatra on the LEGO site). Did she have a beauty spot on the face? It would pass well for any Georgian era (in English terms) noble woman.