Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

Well, after two misses lego made a really good series again, and its uses the boxes.... They finally give us some truely great figures and we can't even ensure we get the ones we want... Crap.

The only one that I don’t care for is the rocking horse girl. 

11/12 is pretty good though!

also I think the color is magenta.

over all I think this is a really good series 

I need Baby Benny. I am not into classic space at all but I love that character in the Lego movie. I always wanted do build a modular Comic store. He'll be perfect sitting there on a shelf!

Marie Antoinette is fabulous. The dog is boring and a printed air wheel ( is it called that way?) would be much cooler, but I am still amazed :D

I also will get at least one archer. Gorgeous prints, usefull bow, awesome falcon! I don't mind the strange hair. It is easy to switch out the head.

The news Boy is wonderfull. A bunch of usefull pieces, a cute figure we would not get in a set... I love the printed medium legs.

Sadly the orc's accessories suck hard :/ the knight shield mould does not fit at all. Only the smaller knight shield would be even less fitting... a little round shield with damaged wood print would have been one of the most gorgeous and in general usefull accessories Lego could have done for him. Well ... the figure is still gorgeous.

I really like the T-Rex. It is the kind of costume my little cousins would love.

The Koala is great... i don't know where I could use him and the figure is boring... maybe, if I get the figure on sale.

I need that rockig horse, but the minifig coming with it is a soulless filler even worse than the violin boy :/ A kid dressed in another knight costume would have been much more interesting and fit well with the one in the last series as well as the big castle.

The carrot is funny. The shield can be usefull for a City moc. I don't need him, but he is nice

The space monster is not my Cup of tea. If the head beneath the mask is black this piece could be very usefull.

The referee is insultingly boring xD But I'll admit she is well executed. Lego should make a new soccer game - not that ridiculous kicker table, but like those old play sets.

The potterer is one of the worst CMF-minifigures I've ever seen xD except for the bowl in dark orange there is litteraly not a single piece I'd like to get for free x'D

All in all an "ok" series. Can't compete at all with stuff like Series 13 but it is getting better again after Series 20 being the worst numbers cmf in my opinion.

Edited by Gorilla94

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Agree about the rocking horse girl. These "normal city minifigure with a cool accesory" minifigures really bother me. Just like the S22 girl with the foal. This Series 24 character could had been like a Victorian Era girl or something 

At least the girl with the foal featured a really nice unisex shirt with fully printed arms, medium legs, and a new recolor of a rare hair piece. The rocking horse girl’s shirt isn’t anything more than I’d expect to see introduced in a regular budget City set. Even the face print feels like something I’ve seen before, while the braces on the foal girl were a nice little unique detail. Overall, the girl that came with the foal looked like a regular City character with a budget reasonably higher than normal, whereas the rocking horse girl looks like she could appear in any regular City set and go unremarked upon. 

18 minutes ago, Chedder_chandlure said:

Well, after two misses lego made a really good series again, and its uses the boxes.... They finally give us some truely great figures and we can't even ensure we get the ones we want... Crap.

Nope they are still bags (info by Promobricks). They will switch to boxes in Autum 2023, which is the day I stop buying them xD

Edited by Gorilla94

Disappointing! Minor changes to the Black Falcon Torso, and a limited use - wing's spread falcon.  Nice for a falconer fig, but of no use in quantity.   Orc updates look comical, just like the fig - not interested. I will stick with the classic version.  Koala is nice, but limited to Australian/Zoo builds. The paperboy is the 2nd most interesting fig, and the French Lady is cool, but extremely limited use as well.

This is the least exciting non-licensed CMF series in a LONG time. (Since series 18, although 19 was almost as bad).

4 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Kind of sad we didn't get more unique costume figures like a train costume figure or a crane costume figure, but hey, I'll take a dino variant anyday!

Don’t worry - we will keep getting more costumes later! :)

39 minutes ago, Rogue Angel said:

Disappointing! Minor changes to the Black Falcon Torso, and a limited use - wing's spread falcon.  Nice for a falconer fig, but of no use in quantity.   Orc updates look comical, just like the fig - not interested. I will stick with the classic version.  Koala is nice, but limited to Australian/Zoo builds. The paperboy is the 2nd most interesting fig, and the French Lady is cool, but extremely limited use as well.

This is the least exciting non-licensed CMF series in a LONG time. (Since series 18, although 19 was almost as bad).

Why “limits”? I don’t see why koala is limited to Australian/zoo MOC? 

Pretty fair series. The ref and space warrior are the only ones I might skip. Marie and the newspaper hawker are probably my priority figures. The costumes are neat, and I'm "in for a penny, in for a pound" on them at this point. Falconer's hair piece is pretty boring, but the falcon is a nice addition.

Frankly, I feel like the novelty of the costumes has worn off completely, especially after two full series dedicated to them and all the ones shoe-horned into other series.  I'd be happy if they retired them for a short time.

As for this series as a whole, feeling a lot of love for it. I don't care much for the brown spacesuit man because "classic space" isn't my jam, and the generic face is off putting in a CMF minifigure set where we expect better. That baby spaceman though is pure adorable gold! I'll be getting a full set, and some spare parts as well.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

At least the girl with the foal featured a really nice unisex shirt with fully printed arms, medium legs, and a new recolor of a rare hair piece.

Yes I agree, and this would have been my exact reply to @Robert8. The foal girl had great, detailed and recoloured parts. The medium legs were also new in that colour I believe. The rocking horse girl has got literally nothing to her of interest. They could have at the very least picked a rare hairpiece and recoloured it, like Ms Marvel's from the Spidey 4+ sets, or a ginger recolour of the Hermione hair. Something. Anything!

43 minutes ago, Rogue Angel said:

... and a limited use - wing's spread falcon.  Nice for a falconer fig, but of no use in quantity. 

Fair point there. Closed-wing bird moulds are definitely more useful overall. We could do with a closed wing seagull for that matter.

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why “limits”? I don’t see why koala is limited to Australian/zoo MOC? 

For MOCs based in reality, Koalas are native to and online live in Australia, that's why.

1 minute ago, DarrellBricker said:

I don't care much for the brown spacesuit man because "classic space" isn't my jam, and the generic face is off putting in a CMF minifigure set where we expect better. 

The classic smile is the territory though. Anything else would be blasphemous.

2 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The classic smile is the territory though. Anything else would be blasphemous.

Yeah, I get that mentality, truly, but if it weren't for that baby, I'd feel like it was a wasted slot. Especially since we're only getting 12 characters now ... But meh, to each one's own! I'll still get one!

Well, I like a lot of the figs this series. Falconer looks great and I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison with other black falcons figs (and personally I prefer the falcon with spread wings—much more interesting and lively than the old parrots). Classic space fig and child look good and remind me of wanting a similar "baby spacesuit" after one appeared in an in-flight safety video themed around the Lego Movie. Paperboy looks great, as does the rocking horse girl. Also love the koala and as someone who did a lot of ceramics in college, the potter looks great too!

Conversely, classic smile feels blasphemous for a CMF. This is the first time ever that a regular CMF reuses a face print (right?)

My biggest wants of this series:

- T-Rex guy. Best costume in a while imo

- astronauts! These are Must haves. 

next in line (will probably get):

- news boy (looks superb - will help sale the daily bugle)

- the falcon girl. Not a good fig, but great falcon (also for my daily bugle, if only lego made pigeons)

- the potter. I love the headwrap

also good but won’t chase

- marie-antoinette (they made a great fig, but i don’t know what to do with it.)

- the orc (for some reason it resembles too much that chima alligator guy) i like the jaw piece

- zookeeper with koala. The koala is super cute and his hair/cap piece is fun too

- space alien robot mech guy. I like his helmet. Maybe he will grow on me.

probably won’t get

- referee. Great fig though! 
- carrot guy. I do own the chinese version of the carrot and i somehow like it better :-( (also a very good fig for with the supermarket set)

- the worst fig imo is the kid with the rocking horse. Super dull

Is the hat-hair on Zookeeper mate definitely new? The flow of the hair looks quite similar to that kid's from Stranger Things.

Also he really should have a strip of yellow printed around his legs because he would 100% be wearing cargo short shorts in real life.

9 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Conversely, classic smile feels blasphemous for a CMF. This is the first time ever that a regular CMF reuses a face print (right?)

I wouldn't really count the Classic Policeman personally. He was a tribute/remake fig that was a chase extra to the actual CMF series he came in. But that's just me.

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Is the hat-hair on Zookeeper mate definitely new? The flow of the hair looks quite similar to that kid's from Stranger Things.

Also he really should have a strip of yellow printed around his legs because he would 100% be wearing cargo short shorts in real life.

Probably a recolor, right?

We need more blonde curly hairpieces. We actually need a Napoleon Dynamite with a Vote for Pedro shirt

4 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I’m pretty sure it’s actually a recolor of that Stranger Things hairpiece, which is pretty rare and I’m not sure it’s been recolored before so almost as good as a brand new piece, especially when paired with such a nice new animal mold. 

You’re right about the legs though, the one tiny letdown on an otherwise amazing minifig. 

3 hours ago, danth said:

BWA HA HA! That little space baby is cracking me up! I love it. The buck teeth on that newspaper boy are making me giggle as well. 

The printed tile on the Space minifig's radio is amazing.

The baby Benny is adorable, and Space builders are going to get a lot of use out of that tile (which I think is meant to be a baby monitor!). 

3 hours ago, danth said:

Gundam Fett

This is officially the figure's name now! 

3 hours ago, danth said:

Black Falcon woman looks good. New bird mold?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Chedder_chandlure said:

Series 24 will still be in bags; the boxes do not debut until September 2023 (per Promobricks). 

17 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

True, but the lack of one makes the part more reusable. 

19 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m pretty sure it’s actually a recolor of that Stranger Things hairpiece, which is pretty rare and I’m not sure it’s been recolored before so almost as good as a brand new piece, especially when paired with such a nice new animal mold. 

It's not a knock against the piece for me at all. That piece has only ever appeared in the one set (though was on B&P, but I skipped it because it struck me as too expensive...), and looks great. I'm always in for recolours of hat-hair pieces. The only one that's boring at this point is the cap with ponytail because it has been done SO many times.

16 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

True, but the lack of one makes the part more reusable. 

Yeah I prefer it the way we're getting it too. It just looks slightly off for the figure, but is great for the part. Ever since moving to Australia I still can't get over how tradies and some other professions wear short shorts here even through slightly chilly winter.

I wonder if they're open to more Classic Spacemen variants in the future. I'd love one in dark red or dark blue. Maybe even one in sand green or tan!

Oh heck, I want all the colours!

Edited by Alegrispa

5 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

I wonder if they're open to more Classic Spacemen variants in the future. I'd love one in dark red or dark blue. Maybe even one in sand green or tan!

Oh heck, I want all the colours!

A recolor of the baby will appear somewhere else for sure. Maybe BAM 

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

A recolor of the baby will appear somewhere else for sure. Maybe BAM 

Is the baby a single piece though? I was under the impression that the normal baby was made of separate body and head elements, and assumed that the space baby was created by adding a third helmet+air tanks piece. 

12 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It looks like a single new mould. 

That would be perfect one for Christmas scene! We got a horse hobby stick and now this. Cowboy/girl’s Christmas wishes. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7