Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

1 minute ago, TandNbricks said:

Looking forward to the baby astronaut

I’m wondering whether it will actually be a baby astronaut or if that’s a iffy translation and they actually mean mini astronaut. i.e. Lego just sent up a crew of minifigs on Artemis I so I could totally see them doing a low key reference to that by giving the newest lego spaceman a classic lego spaceman (really a nano figure) as his accessory. 

1 hour ago, leafan said:

Female potter with potter's wheel, mug and bowl.

Newsboy with bag, newspaper and slingshot.

Man in brown T-Rex costume.

Orc with cloak, sword and shield with updated fantasy era Orc logo.

Man in a carrot costume with a "Farmers Market" sign and orange hair.

Animal keeper with koala.

Space warriors in green, white and pink.

Black Falcon Archer with red hair, cape, bow and black falcon (they also mention a printed falconry glove).

Classic astronaut in brown with gauge and baby astronaut in blue.

Female referee with soccer ball, yellow and red card.

French lady with a wide skirt, a powdered face, a wig and a small white dog.

Girl on wooden rocking horse.

1.) Interesting! I assume that this will have a modern design, but I hope for something more Medieval looking. 
2.) Odd choice, IMO, unless they go with an historical design; also, hopefully we get a new cap mould. 
3.) With its brown/nougat colouring, it seems like this will be based on the inflatable T-Rex costumes. 
4.) Already leaked; looks great! I particularly like the jaw attachment. The cloak is a nice surprise (I wonder if it will be tattered?), since the figure looks good as-is, and I am curious to see what the shield looks like (particularly what mould is used). 
5.) One of the more useful costumes, since the City Fresh grocery chain has a carrot as its logo. 
6.) Cute! I am surprised that this is being described as an “animal keeper”, given the ethics of zoos - Perhaps it will be more of an animal sanctuary worker. 
7.) I have not seen the leaks for this figure, but I ALWAYS like getting new space figures! Also, the colour scheme and potential anime inspiration (per @Robert8) make this sound very unique. 👍
8.) While I would have preferred a different faction (Black Knights, Wolfpack), I like that we will be able to have some variation within the Falcon ranks. Additionally, I hope that this sets something of a precedent, and that we get some variant Lions and Forestmen at some point in the future. The falcon is unexpected, since a falconer could be a separate figure, but I like it; I just hope that the torso does not have any curve printing, so that it can be used as a gender-neutral army-builder. 
9.) YES!!! Just YES!!! Also, the baby sounds like a funny and cute addition. 👍
10.) Only the second ref that LEGO has made, and definitely due for an update. I hope that we get a new player in an upcoming series, or at least some jerseys in City. 
11.) I almost had it! This should provide some useful parts for Castle MOCs, including a new hairpiece! 
12.) Another somewhat odd one; I will reserve judgement until I see the rocking horse part. 

Can't wait for some photos, I was silently hoping for something Pirates-adjacent elements, hopefully there's a torso that can be repurposed for that ;)

Edited by zinnn

I am interested in seeing the Newsboy, Orc, Space Warrior, and French Lady. I hope the Newsboy is good. 

I think I am unreasonably excited for purple bags. 

This seems like it could be a great series. The pictures will sell it though. 

Haha, I was right that the cancel Vidiyo minifigures will NOT show up in this series!

and blindbags s goona be purple?!? About darn time!

this seires sound so goooooood! I ally we get koala!!!!

31 minutes ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I know you've been waiting a long time for this too! :dsad2::wink:

The purple series could have been the Series 37 lol 

55 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m wondering whether it will actually be a baby astronaut or if that’s a iffy translation and they actually mean mini astronaut. i.e. Lego just sent up a crew of minifigs on Artemis I so I could totally see them doing a low key reference to that by giving the newest lego spaceman a classic lego spaceman (really a nano figure) as his accessory. 

Benny x sewer baby 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The purple series could have been the Series 37 lol 

Next color we need to see….P I N K. So i guess we will wiat for Seires 37 then? Lol

56 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Haha, I was right that the cancel Vidiyo minifigures will NOT show up in this series!

Dreamzzz basically confirmed as VIDIYO 2.0 now. 👍

I just saw the leaked referee and space figures - Both look great! 
I like the use of neon yellow for the referee’s torso (which is very accurate), and the lack of curve printing. Also, it is nice to have a proper soccer ball again, and the hair is a good recolour of the low bun piece. 
The sci-fi Minifig is very weird and very cool; the new helmet is brilliant, though I cannot tell if the wings are attached or a neck piece. I am still not sure what it is supposed to be, though it could be a Minifig-sized Gundam; the helmet looks similar to a Gundam head. 🤔

Any detail on if the Newspaper is new or one of the existing ones?  If it's an existing one I hope it's the tan one rather than one of the white ones. 

I like most of these but the Referee is the Lamest one of the bunch to me.  Saw the picture of the Space Warrior and I'm not wowed by it.

26 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Dreamzzz basically confirmed as VIDIYO 2.0 now. 👍

I know - our suspicion stands corrected. A few months ago, I saw some weird speculations somewhere (in other thread) that Series 24 was going to have Vidiyo minifigures and I really did not see that way.  Dreamzzz is Dreamzzz is defnitely a right place for these Vidiyo minifigures=

Edited by DBlegonerd7

37 minutes ago, karrit said:

Any detail on if the Newspaper is new or one of the existing ones?  If it's an existing one I hope it's the tan one rather than one of the white ones. 

its said to have "extra" written on it

4 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Checked all the usual instagram posters but didn’t see the pics people are talking about. Any possibility of a hint/ nudge in the right direction ?

I just searched the usual legoleaks but it was posted by classic_spaceman and someone else reposted it.  Neither credit the original source whatever that is.

Edited by karrit

5 minutes ago, karrit said:

I just searched the usual legoleaks but it was posted by classic_spaceman and someone else reposted it.  Neither credit the original source whatever that is.

I actually reposted it as well (screenshot from a story), but I do not know who the original source was. 😕

Much obliged. My kinda alien! And do I understand correctly that wave 24 will still be in blindbags not boxes?

Edited by thatblockoguy

5 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Much obliged. My kinda alien! And do I understand correctly that wave 24 will still be in blindbags not boxes?

Yes. Correct. Series 24 and Disney 100 will be the last ones in bags 

3 hours ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I am unreasonably excited about finally getting purple bags!!!!! Just in the nick of time before they switched to boxes.

You might be onto something here, maybe they are doing it because this is the last bags for a regular CMF series 

Am I the only one who thinks the brown spaceman should have been in S23? 
After carefully examining the list the thing that stood out to me is half the figures are actually fresh ideas for the CMF line and having purple bags will make this series stand out even more so that’s good I’ll save my other thoughts for Wednesday.

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Anyways, now we know there are two costumes in the next series. Okay, @1Panda, it’s 100% obvious now, lol.

The last regular series to not have an official costume figure was S11. I kinda think at this point we can can expect them to always include at least one in every series. Not surprised by either of the choices but I would have preferred a cow already.

Edited by 1Panda

I always thought the costume is series 5 was supposed to be a t-Rex, not a lizard. Nevertheless, I supposed it’s okay to get one now. 

Wowee what a list! At least if they have to force me to stop buying CMF, they do it with a bang (unlike S23's whimper).

I can't wait to see all of the details soon, but I can't imagine there's anything that would make me NOT want to buy the orc, the zookeeper, the Black Falcon, and the Spaceman. Potter, newspaper boy, lady with dog and girl on rocking horse most likely as well.

I'm never keen on the costumes and I don't care for that leaked space robot thing, not the referee really, though I like the recoloured hairpiece. Hopefully it'll be on PaB.

9 hours ago, leafan said:

Animal keeper with koala.

Please be suspiciously Steve Irwin-like. Overall it reads like a fun series, and reminds me I need to finish off S.23

Lady Ref is pretty average, but I have a couple of die Mannschaft figs she can holler at. I'm not sure what they were going for on the Space Warrior, but they should have ditched one of those colors.