Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 24. Rumors and discussion

14 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Reddit. I found it whilst looking for the higher def picture of the troll.

Oh ok, thanks!

Glad the jaw piece comes separate, he'll accompany my four Moria orcs much better. I hope the other figures from the series are just as promising!

Regarding the jaw piece, seen a lot of whining about that. So as a reminder Tolkien's description "They are (or were) squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes." And likened them to the Mongol hordes. Every depiction of them has been Due to another artist and Tolkien has letters to his publisher lambasting his artistic ability, especially being able to bring forth the image in his head. 

He also wanted each reader (or spectator) of his stories to give the words he used “a peculiar personal embodiment in his imagination"

Moreover his work is *the* blueprint for every modern Ork that exists in fantasy from D&D to Warcraft To Warhammer  

fYmQgbu.png

Well, that Orc looks pretty darn good, I think! Hopefully he'll come with a suitably nasty looking weapon. And thanks to that same reddit feed I finally caught a glimpse of that witch hat and hair combo. Stunning! I want it!!! That image alone ticks me off that Vidiyo got cancelled and the Series 2 bandmates never came out around me. If nothing else, they really had some creative and interesting minifigures, and it looked like more were on the way. Hopefully some of those molds will show up in the CMF sets down the road.

21 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Well, that Orc looks pretty darn good, I think! Hopefully he'll come with a suitably nasty looking weapon. And thanks to that same reddit feed I finally caught a glimpse of that witch hat and hair combo. Stunning! I want it!!! That image alone ticks me off that Vidiyo got cancelled and the Series 2 bandmates never came out around me. If nothing else, they really had some creative and interesting minifigures, and it looked like more were on the way. Hopefully some of those molds will show up in the CMF sets down the road.

The sad thing about Vidiyo is that the actual lego designers clearly put their hearts and souls into making truly amazing characters to populate the theme, but when it came to the actual app some corporate paper pusher severely cheaped out on its development. The theme was an amazing demonstration of what the brickmasters can do if they’re allowed to go crazy, but it was ultimately killed by the sucky app acting as a ball and chain. Hopefully, whoever was doing creative work on Vidiyo will be redistributed to the CMFs or the new Dreamzzz and we’ll be able to see more of their creativity. 

First "review" is up. It's the Orc/Ogre minifigure that leaked. Someone already has one *oh2*

Its on YouTube but I cant post the video here because is a leak. 

Very detailed printing all around

On 10/25/2022 at 4:52 AM, DarrellBricker said:

Gorilla94, I have the same problem with Instagram - it's very frustrating!

Seems like it is fixed now :D

I just adore this jaw piece :D I really didn´t like how the Middle Earth orcs were executed by Lego. Especially their mouths were for my taste by far not cute/cartoonish/goofy enough. I build my very little orc horde of unique characters with parts from castle, Nexo knights and many other themes as well as custom accessories. This orc will fit in wonderfully. It looks in fact so great I was thinking about getting more than one, but I don´t want a clone army.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:09 AM, Robert8 said:

I'm honestly having a hard time trying to get why purple might be perceived as girly (and why that'd be a bad thing) but even so it could be "balanced out" with the selection of minifigures shown in the bag/box

Let's hope for pink/purple, but I think red has the bigger chances 

LEGO has long used purple to denote "girly" sets. The box of just about every Friends set over the past decade has been purple, so LEGO fans might associate purple with Friends. They also did purple (but not blind CMF) bags back in the day ...

41018-1.png

Obsessed with this new Orc. I usually don’t army build cmf figures but I cannot excuse simply buying one of these. Now if I could only find the witch hat leak, I suspect it may have been removed from wherever it leaked because that one sure does elude me. 

Given how many girl characters lego is now putting in sets across themes (half the lion knight’s in the anniversary castle were women), their push to market themes like Friends to both boys and girls, and their push to market “girly” products to boys and girls in TLM2 line, it feels kind of weird for them to be stuck up on gender roles for the color of their blind bags. I think a Disney series 3 would be a great choice to do a “feminine” color with. If kids have any hesitation about the color, a super popular Disney character within the bag is very likely to balance out their hesitation IMO.

Scratch that, I found the witch hat! Beautiful, the post indicates that this was meant to be used for Vidiyo, I really hope they either make it available at BAM stations, or choose to reuse the mould for a cmf figure moving forward. The blue hair has an iridescence to it, and the combo has such a unique look to it all I’d love to own this someday.

21 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

It looks in fact so great I was thinking about getting more than one, but I don´t want a clone army.

The solution would be to buy several, then swap out the heads/torsos/legs between them and your other orc minifigs. Win-win-win for you, TLG and the LEGO Castle cause.

1 hour ago, Ardelon said:

The solution would be to buy several, then swap out the heads/torsos/legs between them and your other orc minifigs. Win-win-win for you, TLG and the LEGO Castle cause.

I am thinking about that, too :)... one problem is the skin colour. Another is the shape with ears not allowing to combine it with at least 99% of hair pieces - which makes them quite similar looking and does not let me hide a second face print. I found a very good paint for red and light bluish gray parts, so I could use some Nexo knights and Zombi faces with the jaw piece if painted. With some polishing I am also able to remove face prints from the backside of the heads, wich allows to use for example Moria orcs... in the end it would be quite an effort and not cheap but there should be some cool orcs :)

Edited by Gorilla94

On 11/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is this jaw piece for first time?

Certainly seems like the designers have made a move onto the idea of a ‘jaw’ piece, since a couple of the upcoming new Monkie Kid ‘baddies’ also have them - one to make a vulture beak, and one to make an elephant trunk & ears, as well as the orc we have seen …

Promobricks is starting to share more 2023 info and pics!

Its about time for the Series 24 list. I mean, the reveal should be in 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Series 24 reveal date is very very close. Less than a week.

*oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2**oh2*

Exciting! :excited: So if the official reveal is less than a week away, leaks could pop up any day now!

…is what I would say under normal circumstances, but „true“ leaks have become so rare nowadays. Kudos to the “leak manager” TLG hired a while back. They did a good job it seems!

To be honest though, I’m not missing them all that much. With official pictures being the only ones to drop, all the complaints about unfinished designs and placeholders are finally over at least :tongue:

To me this will be probably one of the best series ever.
To me.

Ok so let's say it this way.

My comments.

1) Oh, my, God. They thought purple wasn't enough.

2) Nice. No need for that, but at least some people will like it.

3) Oh! Good! So the fake chinese one will have no room now on.

4) Lol. Funny. Good catch.

5) I've never thought about this one before... but hey that's a nice addition

6) Alexandre Boudon! You've finally made it after just 24 series!!!

7) Well, all those leaks were indeed true!

8) Oh, this goes very well with the event starting next sunday

9) Oh gosh I love this. Really. 

10) I've foreseen this one some times ago, welcome!

11) This new animal mould is SO nice.

12) STOP - IT - RIGHT - NOW - AND - TAKE - ALL - MY - MONEY. Number 7 will have a nice fight opponent!

(some are really unrecognizable, but that's life, in some days you'll all see so no worries)

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

1) Oh, my, God. They thought purple wasn't enough.

New CS spaceman colour; maybe gold for the 90th (91st) Anniversary? 🤔

3) Oh! Good! So the fake chinese one will have no room now on.

Most fake Minifigs are licensed characters, so I am not quite sure what this will be. Maybe something from JttW (like a more traditional-looking DBK), since that is both a common inspiration for Chinese brands and something that LEGO does not already make. 

6) Alexandre Boudon! You've finally made it after just 24 series!!!

Which of the concept Minifigs have not been produced yet? 

7) Well, all those leaks were indeed true!

Orc confirmed. 👍

8) Oh, this goes very well with the event starting next sunday

@Itaria No Shintaku: Are you referring to a LEGO event, or a non-LEGO event? 

12) STOP - IT - RIGHT - NOW - AND - TAKE - ALL - MY - MONEY. Number 7 will have a nice fight opponent!

Since Number 7 is the already-leaked Orc, this is probably another Medieval/fantasy character. We already got a knight in Series 23, so maybe an Elf? 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Which of the concept Minifigs have not been produced yet? 

Hmm several. Pinocchio, Einstein, Marie Antoinette, a couple of aliens, the 3 pigs from the fairytale. There is an Orc in his designs, but I assume Itaria doesnt refer to that one because the Orc seems to clue #7