Pics of the Lamborghini and Audi have leaked. Audi is black and Lamborghini is (again) lime. And both not particularly good looking if you ask me...

Edited by LvdH

58 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Pics of the Lamborghini and Audi have leaked. Audi is black and Lamborghini is (again) lime. And both not particularly good looking if you ask me...

And the brief interlude offered by the skidder and the rover is over. Back to the cars!

Edited by Maaboo35

Any ideas why we don't have 42146 in the catalog ? I have a feeling that it is again delayed to October. 

I hope it hasn't been pushed back, as the other remaining set, the 1:5 scaled motorbike is yet to be revealed, too. So they might be just in an other catalog.

Cannot wait for another control set with scary price that will sit on shelf forever,,,

Technic is really taking short sticks few years in row...

8 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Cannot wait for another control set with scary price that will sit on shelf forever,,,

If you actually check the price and the contents you get with it, it is significantly lower compared to the previous Control+ sets. Things seem to be changing. 

Just now, kbalage said:

If you actually check the price and the contents you get with it, it is significantly lower compared to the previous Control+ sets. Things seem to be changing. 

For same price I can have semi decent RC car, no stickers and proper controller. Control sets are just useless with over the top price.

I never believed lego get rid of power funtions for this..

43 minutes ago, Ondra said:

For same price I can have semi decent RC car, no stickers and proper controller. Control sets are just useless with over the top price.

You're comparing apples and oranges. The RC car will never be anything else than an RC car while a Lego set can be transformed into many, many things. The trade-off is of course the fact that a proper RC car is much better at being an RC car than a Lego set, and this isn't much different with PF cars. (Physical controller is of course a great advantage for PF over PU as it is out of the box, though it's possible to control PU sets also with a physical controller.)

49 minutes ago, Ondra said:

A little bit nostalgia swinging with this post I think.... the 9398 Crawler did cost 170€ in 2012, with inflation would be today 210€.

Lego could newer compete with RC Cars in performance or price...

2 hours ago, Ondra said:

You can have an RC car for the same price, but that won't rebuild to a dozen different things for sure. I made an entire video about this comparison so I won't repeat myself here, but there's no obvious winner or loser. I don't say Powered Up / Control+ is the best solution TLG could come up with, but having a reasonably priced RC set with a fair amount of electronic components is at least a step in the right direction. 

News on other sets but nothing on the Liebherr for quite some time.  Forgive me for not looking back, but isn't it set to release in Aug or something.  I would think we should be hearing something soon, especially with the released info on the Audi and Lambo.... 

5 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

News on other sets but nothing on the Liebherr for quite some time.  Forgive me for not looking back, but isn't it set to release in Aug or something.  I would think we should be hearing something soon, especially with the released info on the Audi and Lambo.... 

Regular Technic sets are usually revealed by retailers or even by TLG themselves well in advance with no prior notification. Considering the amount of anticipation built for the Liebherr crane I guess at least that one will get a press release or a more formal announcement. 

On 6/2/2023 at 5:00 AM, nerdsforprez said:

News on other sets but nothing on the Liebherr for quite some time.  

The only news I've seen (true or otherwise) is that the advertised price of $680 has changed to $699

2 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

The only news I've seen (true or otherwise) is that the advertised price of $680 has changed to $699

StoneWars and PromoBricks both still have the the price of 679€ and release in August. Wonder if pics surface soon, hopefully the leaked pic was just preliminary model and not the real one...

Just wanted to say that I think this year has been one of the best ones, if not THE best one for new parts.

To summarize just how many awesome new parts we got:

Aesthetical:

• Very small panels (2387. 2389)
  • Very small curved panels (2395, 2403)
  • Small angled panel (2457)
  • Quarter elipse panels (2442, 2438)
  • 11x2x5 curved and straight mudguards (2509, 3538)
  • New small, arched mudguard (2459)
  • New 81,5 x 23 tyres (?)

Structural:

• 1x7 flip flop beam (2391)
  • 3x5 flip flop beam (2477)
  • Pin connector perpendicular with (only) 2 pins (2393)
  • 7x16 trapezoid frame (79768)
  • Large rectangular support frame (?)
  • Small rectangular support frame (?)

Mechanical:

• 5 stud CV axle (2405)
  • Short CV axle (?)
  • New ungeared hub (?)
  • Counterweights (?)

I think this is the highest amount of new parts I've seen in a single year. And If we add the parts added in the back of the last year such as the new differential, straight gears and shock absorbers, we can really see that TLG has been investing heavily into this theme as of lately.

IMO we are currently living in the golden age of Technic.

Edited by Zerobricks

6 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

IMO we are currently living in the golden age of Technic.

That's true in a Mocer point of view. But I would not consider it a golden age for the sets offering, despite they are in large number, we have too many cars.

2 hours ago, mpj said:

That's true in a Mocer point of view. But I would not consider it a golden age for the sets offering, despite they are in large number, we have too many cars.

Agree, golden ages for parts, but not for sets. Nearly all the sets I’ve bought are for the parts and not the actual model…

2 hours ago, mpj said:

Relatively speaking yes, but in absolute numbers no.

From 18 sets in 2023, there are 7 sets which are not cars or bikes: https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Technic/year-2023

I didn't check all years, but I think this is the average number of "true" technic sets per year, for example in 2015 we also had 7 non-fast-things out of a total of 13 sets.

And we have really good thing going: The color mismatch is slowly decreasing, for example in the upcoming 42160. 

29 minutes ago, langko said:

Nearly all the sets I’ve bought are for the parts and not the actual model…

If You had just some few sets, would You say the same ;)

42 minutes ago, Jurss said:

If You had just some few sets, would You say the same ;)

Not sure I understand what you are meaning…?

10 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Just wanted to say that I think this year has been one of the best ones, if not THE best one for new parts.

Agree that this year is surprisingly good for parts, and there's a good balance in aesthetic / structural / functional parts and also many useful recolors. So KEEP DOING THAT LEGO!

Next up is getting the electronics in good shape :)))

I'm also quite okay with the set lineup, maybe the types of cars could change a bit, I'd be happy with more offroaders, especially in the smaller range, non-RC ones. Something like the transporter sized cars or the 1:12 scale, just for offroaders, and not necessarily licensed. We used to have more buggies and quads and alike in the 90s. Yeah, I know that's technically more challenging, but that's the point ;)