On 12/23/2022 at 1:35 AM, Lemon said:

So a fake engine and opening doors? At least the model becoming rear wheel drive will be accurate this time. :laugh:

The new fender pieces from the Bugatti Bolide do work nicely with the 56 mm tires (42111 Batmobile). 

Hopefully a rear diff too.

If it is based on the latest track only GT, it is a fixed wing.
The standard GT has a retractable wing.

But I'll be surprised if we have a retractable wing given the retail price.

I've just read that on Insta, and thought that would be an amazing way to bring in some space-themed sets, specially a 8480 remake

Edited by Jockos

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From Instagram; take with some salt, as I am not sure how reliable the leaker is: 

42158 - NASA Perseverance Mars Rover (1132 Pieces) 

Instant buy for me. Number of pieces is enough to make it look good and the scale should be decent enough. 

Also can't wait for TLG to approve this fantastic Ideas set of JWST:

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:3decd220889e4eb3b93896aa3f788f0a

Can't imagine why they didn't do it yet. When I was following it's launch and unfolding mechanisms, all I could think of was: this will make a fantastic lego set.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

We've had a Technic Mars rover before, though it wasn't actually badged as Technic.

I got (most of) that set as a birthday present a few years back after my parents found it at a thrift store. It's a surprisingly solid Technic set!

6 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I got (most of) that set as a birthday present a few years back after my parents found it at a thrift store. It's a surprisingly solid Technic set!

I was tempted by that set back in the day but wondered how interesting it could be mechanically.

If true, the Perseverance rover has the potential to be quite an interesting set (especially if it includes the Ingenuity drone as well). I'm all for unconventional subject matter in Technic and space-related technology has generally been quite rare over the theme's history.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

I was tempted by that set back in the day but wondered how interesting it could be mechanically.

Very. All sorts of unusual linkages!

11 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

Very. All sorts of unusual linkages!

Based off that I found a video of it and you're right, it's way more interesting than I thought it was :thumbup:

I really, really hope that this rumor about Perseverance rover is true, it would serve to freshen up a lot the mostly quite stale Technic lineup of recent years...

The summer set list leaked on Instagram..I have to say, if the Liebherr crawler crane becomes the 2H flagship..well..that's gonna be the year of the cars.

(It still is, but more non-cars would be welcome)

Edited by Jockos

According to the Leak (Liebherr Crane isn't mentioned):

42157 Skidder John Deere 948L-II - 1492 pieces

42158 NASA Perseverance Mars Rover - 1132 pieces

42159 IP Vehicle 18+ - 1475 pieces

42160 Audi RS Q e-tron - 914 pieces

42161 Lamborghini Huracan - 806 pieces

Sounds strange to me... the pieces of the last 2 cars would mean, that they are in the same size as the Q1 cars?

Hmm, if this is true, I think Audi and Lamborghini are Control+ sets. We dont have any of them in H1. 42159 may be licensed truck, succesor to 42128. 42157 may be intresting, pneumatics there probably. 42158 may be a very revoultionary set, because its something new in Technic. If its true, it would be very cool wave tbh

5 minutes ago, Dami said:

Hmm, if this is true, I think Audi and Lamborghini are Control+ sets.

I really hope only one of them is RC. If I have to bet we get a simple RC Huracan, something like a mashup between the Corvette-sized sets and the Top Gear Rally car. The Audi can be a release for the fall, similar to the 42127 Batmobile, hopefully with suspension this time. 

37 minutes ago, Jundis said:

42157 Skidder John Deere 948L-II - 1492 pieces

if this could be true; that sounds very interesting 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSai_ZBxqhp3sb2b3Xrx-i

4 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I really hope only one of them is RC. If I have to bet we get a simple RC Huracan, something like a mashup between the Corvette-sized sets and the Top Gear Rally car. The Audi can be a release for the fall, similar to the 42127 Batmobile, hopefully with suspension this time. 

Sadly, I wouldn't expect suspension, even in the scale of the Batmobile.

With images of the originals:

42157 Skidder John Deere 948L-II - 1492 pieces
It has version with 6x6 chassis or 4x4 with doubles (twin wheels at the each side). Howevre, I think it still go with single wheels from Zetros.
maxresdefault.jpg

42158 NASA Perseverance Mars Rover - 1132 pieces
I literally see here new full-plastic wheels here, the ones already used in other themes.
070420_mars-rover_feat-1440x700.jpg

42159 IP Vehicle 18+ - 1475 pieces
[?]

42160 Audi RS Q e-tron - 914 pieces
The suspension at least front double wishbones is highly desirable here. May it come as Control+, please?
TopGear%20-%20Audi%20Dakar%20-%20Sardinia%20-077.jpg

42161 Lamborghini Huracan - 806 pieces
One more [1:20] set, "Hey, you made Bugatti, so please make us too!" New rounded wheel arches from Bugatti Bolide should be here as well, maybe even four of them this time.
Not sure about the color, but Lamborghini builds their Huracas since 2014, and only 2021-2022 are remarkable by the "STO" edition with specific livery. Dark Azure + Orange?
Lamborghini_Huracan_STO09_0.jpg

Edited by Void_S

That’s quite a number of sets, and then there is still the Liebherr crane. I’m guessing these will be spread out throughout the 2nd half of 2023, similar to what they are doing with the first half.