24 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I suppose there's a chance we'll get a boatload of the new 3x19 frames (going for over €3 each on PaB), kinda like we did with the 5x7 frames in 42055. That could partly explain the extortionate price.

42055 was priced really moderately though, with RRP of about 230€. And yeah, it had comparably absurd number of those 5x7 frames (53 total, which is almost twice the number of the set with second largest number of those frames, 42100). So even if the crane happened to have similar number of the new 3x19 frames, it's still a far cry from justifying the price. There has to be some new electronics or else it's just complete bollocks.

39 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It's not Technic, but the new Creator Land Rover Defender has some rather advanced suspension!

Triangulated four-link live axles, I believe?

I think this image is too large to embed:

https://images.brickset.com/news/92683_P1077383.JPG

I’m curious if this signals we will see the return of the 43mm wheel and tire combo and the larger scale trucks. 

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It's not Technic, but the new Creator Land Rover Defender has some rather advanced suspension!

I'm curious about stability of such axle. Connecting points are very close to each other and it doesn't look good. Shocks will give some stability, but I'm not sure it will be enough. But, at the end, it is not RC model, so I think it will be enough for staying on the shelf.

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

The rear suspension looks good and is indeed a triangulated 4-link.  I don’t know what’s going on with the front axle though.  You’d never see a real vehicle with links so close, and there would be some major axle wrap with that design.  Lego must be relying on the shocks to keep the axle in place, unless there’s some additional link above the axle.  

I like the set though, and I’m thinking about getting it. 

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Hard to tell from the upside down chassis but it doesn't look like there's a drive axle going to any of the wheels? I assume this is more of a free wheel spin model? 

Either way, the scale and suspension look amazing! Definitely adding this to my wishlist. 

7 minutes ago, TexasEngineer454 said:

Hard to tell from the upside down chassis but it doesn't look like there's a drive axle going to any of the wheels? I assume this is more of a free wheel spin model?

Yes. Remember this comes from the Creator Expert lineage, where not too long ago cars didn't even have steering.

4 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Indeed this model is going to be really interestig, wondered why noone brought this up here yet (but there’s a dedicated topic for the model in a special theme somewhere).

Anyway, really cool that they actually made 4 link suspensions for both axles, I was pleasantly surprised. As others say the only weirdness is the front triangulation, which is completely unrealistic. But I am guessing it has to do with space issues. The steering is done through double CV joints in the middle, probably that was in the way. Wonder if it could be done with linkage instead, but that might need even more space to go around the chassis. Another thing I miss a bit and could have been added maybe is a panhard rod. In that case there would be no need for such strong triangulation, and the upper links could maybe have more space in a proper position. But as I said I am already pretty happy this comes out as it is.

There is no drivetrain. But the size of the whole model seems big enough to redo the chassis in technic form with more mechanical goodies, though probably at the expense of cluttering up the interior. The seats are really low for example, there is virtually no space under them.

By the way there is already a speedbuild up on YT you can check that out for more details.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Yes. Remember this comes from the Creator Expert lineage, where not too long ago cars didn't even have steering.

Give it a couple more years and the Creator sets will be more complex than the Technic ones.

On the other hand, it blows my mind how Lego can charge so much for an inferior product to 42110

Just now, valenciaeric said:

Give it a couple more years and the Creator sets will be more complex than the Technic ones.

That would not be too bad :)

Just now, valenciaeric said:

On the other hand, it blows my mind how Lego can charge so much for an inferior product to 42110

Why would you say it’s inferior? It’s actually hard to compare as they are different worlds and scales, but to start with, it’s the classic version (with a more interesting kind of suspension) that everybody wanted, not the modern one (with the boring old suspension setup). That already jacks up the price. Then, it looks much smoother as it’s brick built, with a ton of extras, though 42110 also had quite a few. And at least it does not have an overcomplicated unrealistically arranged gearbox :) And you need to take inflation into account unfortunately. (By the way I really liked 42110 as well.)

57 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That would not be too bad :)

Why would you say it’s inferior? It’s actually hard to compare as they are different worlds and scales, but to start with, it’s the classic version (with a more interesting kind of suspension) that everybody wanted, not the modern one (with the boring old suspension setup). That already jacks up the price. Then, it looks much smoother as it’s brick built, with a ton of extras, though 42110 also had quite a few. And at least it does not have an overcomplicated unrealistically arranged gearbox :) And you need to take inflation into account unfortunately. (By the way I really liked 42110 as well.)

Being a D2C exclusive, it will be harder to get 10317 at a good discount, whereas 42110 could easily have been had for sub 125 euros. Put them side by side as per Racing Brick review and it´s clear that the Technic one is chunkier and not much less detailed. The Mack Truck is perhaps the closest Technic model to the Creator Land Rover in terms of design and part count but that set also cost about 100 euros less. Inflation has been high for 1 year but not during the pandemic years yet Lego seem to be using reseller pricing as their strategy these days.

Edited by valenciaeric

If they made "realistic" suspension, they could have added also some fake shafts. OK, but then we would complain - why they didn't added fake engine. Someone about gearbox etc. :)

What’s the planned release date for the Yamaha bike? Also any ideas what that then theoretically means for leaked/official images 

A picture appeared on Instagram of the Peugeot hypercar. It seems that it's been taken of the upper side of the box. Looks like it has glow-in-the-dark 4L bars as headlights, and has a black/dark colour. 

It looks to be black but I hope it is just a dark photo to highlight the glowing bars. So my hopes are it is dark bluish grey.

I think the Peugeot is dark grey with lime and black accents (splitter, diffuser), which was also the launch colour scheme for the car I think

what’s the price point of this ? Is this continuing from the RSR and GTE and so will be an empty shell?

Edited by Seasider

The Peugeot 9X8 looks great I think. Hope the headlights are the glow-in-the-dark pieces too just to give it that extra touch

9 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

The Peugeot 9X8 looks great I think. Hope the headlights are the glow-in-the-dark pieces too just to give it that extra touch

Luckily, they are. It would be a good move to include them in other cars, or at least in the 1:8 ones, too.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was extremely happy when Lego released the new Ford GT model. When I got it, I was completely happy with the build and I proudly display it so I can admire it because I really love the car itself. I generally do not collect Technic, but I made an exception for the Ford! lol.

I wonder how TLG has replicated the cab shape of the 948L-II.

704290_20200811101653-1597097813_product

Also, having taken a good look at this 🐕, I see various areas of bodywork that would be well replicated using angled panels from the 9R and Dragon.

Edited by Maaboo35

9 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I see various areas of bodywork that would be well replicated using angled panels from the 9R and Dragon.

Also I'm always curious how TLG manages this considering there are already MOCs made by pipasseyoyo and @KirTech LAB 

dscn1482.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg