1 hour ago, Jockos said:

Sadly, I wouldn't expect suspension, even in the scale of the Batmobile.

42126 Ford Raptor at least had suspension, although the piece count was significantly higher. I would see no point of releasing an off-roader in Technic without suspension. I know, we've seen the Top Gear rally car so nothing is impossible, but still.. 

39 minutes ago, LvdH said:

That’s quite a number of sets, and then there is still the Liebherr crane. I’m guessing these will be spread out throughout the 2nd half of 2023, similar to what they are doing with the first half.

Well, if the rumors of delaying it due to downscaling are true, the full downscale may result in a total model review, as some assemblies and strcutite solutions may not match the given scale.
I still belive it will come once.

3 hours ago, Void_S said:

The suspension at least front double wishbones is highly desirable here. May it come as Control+, please?

If this would be the Control+ set, then this is what the yellow heavy duty differential gears were designed for!! This looks like a fast offroader (we previously hypothesised that the new gears would fit well something like a trophy truck), which would be too slow with the red diff gears maybe, especially with planetary hubs. Furthermore, if it's all-wheel drive (the real one looks like it), than that could mean that lego might finally come up with a way to make a 15-wide driven independent front axle. Currently the narrowest possible (in a clean way) is a 17 wide using the shorter old CV joints at the diff, which to me still seems too wide for this car, no? The scale would be like the raptor (15 wide axle), with buggy wheels, judged from the piece count.

Other possibilities are that they make it just RWD, like the Raptor.. Or it's not Control+ at all...

4 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

If this would be the Control+ set, then this is what the yellow heavy duty differential gears were designed for!! This looks like a fast offroader (we previously hypothesised that the new gears would fit well something like a trophy truck), which would be too slow with the red diff gears maybe, especially with planetary hubs. Furthermore, if it's all-wheel drive (the real one looks like it), than that could mean that lego might finally come up with a way to make a 15-wide driven independent front axle. Currently the narrowest possible (in a clean way) is a 17 wide using the shorter old CV joints at the diff, which to me still seems too wide for this car, no? The scale would be like the raptor (15 wide axle), with buggy wheels, judged from the piece count.

Other possibilities are that they make it just RWD, like the Raptor.. Or it's not Control+ at all...

We had a fast...ish offroader with 42099 but the motors were too weak. Geared down to be slower it was much better than the older crawler. I don't think the diffs from the Ferrari would make a difference as you can always  gear it differently elsewhere. If you want a faster offroader then the motors are the limiting factor I think. Just made a quick sketch model using buwizz motors, new diffs with red crown gears and 42099 planetary reducers and it was fast (for indoor Lego) and powerful. But I don't expect we will see that kind of power from PU any time soon.

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Likewise, I call bull$hit on this leak.

Not 100% but if I was a betting man I'd put money on this list being wrong.

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

If it doesn't come as an offical set, it literally must be built as a MOC!

3 hours ago, allanp said:

We had a fast...ish offroader with 42099 but the motors were too weak. Geared down to be slower it was much better than the older crawler. I don't think the diffs from the Ferrari would make a difference as you can always  gear it differently elsewhere. If you want a faster offroader then the motors are the limiting factor I think. Just made a quick sketch model using buwizz motors, new diffs with red crown gears and 42099 planetary reducers and it was fast (for indoor Lego) and powerful. But I don't expect we will see that kind of power from PU any time soon.

Yeah, but that's only true with planetary wheel hubs. I think 42099 was weak because it had to be geared up (after being geared down inside the motors themselves) almost 3x to counter some of the effect of the planetary hub, so that drivetrain was complete nonsense in terms of matching the motors to the wheel hubs, and lost much of its efficiency in all the up-down gearing. But I think this kind of vehicle should be built without planetaries to be fast (it does not need to climb), and not have too much down gearing. Even the last RC Technic buggy was gearing UP from an L motor (36T gear to 28T diff). I would build this one with 2L motors coupled, straight to the yellow diffs, with regular hubs.

Yeah, two Buwizz motors with a new red diff and planetaries is still quite fast but very powerful. Actually, I even tried that combo with an old diff (which has a ratio similar to the new yellow diff) and it can still climb everything, but now very fast for a lego offroader :)

Not 100% but if I was a betting man I'd put money on this list being wrong.

That would be sad for this one car and the mars rover. But I could imagine this being wrong. The set numbers are just too much in an orderly sequence, that's a bit suspicious for me as well. Usually there are some gaps, no?

2 hours ago, Void_S said:

If it doesn't come as an offical set, it literally must be built as a MOC!

Indeed, I would do that quite happily. But as I say the problem is that a 15-stud wide driven and steered independent suspension is not possible in a clean way with a diff (only with a floating differential, which may fly for manual models, but not so healthy for fast RC one). Though another option would be a separate left-right drivetrain, which can be built more tight, but that would loose the diffs.

Edited by gyenesvi

@gyenesvi that's true. There was indeed some inefficiency having to gear up a geared down motor. There was down, then up, then down again, presumably done to have the older and weaker diff under less strain while delivering the same power by having it spin faster. So what you're saying is that with the new Ferrari diff they wouldn't have to do that, which is entirely true. Perhaps with higher speed you can use the vehicles momentum to carry it over obstacles, which is a realistic practice after all. Maybe if they made a more extreme offroader, maybe lighter with extreme suspension travel and ground clearance, and two hard coupled XL motors and no centre diff (so all of the motors power is available at each axle).....oh and new wheel hubs that accept the new larger CV joints it could be quite fun.

Pictures of 42153 (mainly black and white with some red and blue), 42154 (dark blue) and 42155 (black on black :p) are on instagram.

Edited by Equilibrium

That Ford looks awesome!! As I see there will be new headlight pieces

And the Batbike will include the Harley Fatboy rear tire

Edited by Jockos

28 minutes ago, Equilibrium said:

Pictures of 42153 (mainly black and white with some red and blue), 42154 (dark blue) and 42155 (black on black :p) are on instagram.

And on lego.com, for example https://www.lego.com/en-in/kids/sets/technic/nascar-next-gen-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-d97d2170a56de035b862ae12245c8906

Happy new year!

Edited by mla2

2022 Ford GT (42154) looks very intresting, even as a model and not a part pack. But THE BATMAN – BATCYCLE (42155) can be nice part pack. The rest? Meh.

That Ford looks awesome indeed! Great color, and many nice panels! The headlights seem to be a new 2x3x5 corner piece in transparent in the Ford, and also in yellow in the airplane. Interesting that the front wheels are not mounted to a wheel hub, so there might be some non-traditional suspension build in there!

The black springs in the Batbike are also interesting. I wonder how hard the small ones are. I tend to think that they are not soft, because then an LBG version could have been used as well, it would fit the color scheme nicely, so there would be no good enough reason to release it in a new color for this model I think. The spiralling does not look like on a hard one either, so I hope it's something different, a medium hard would be welcome!

The Ford GT looks good!  Good dark blue parts pack.  

The black shocks on the motorcycle are nice.

New panels form the Ford GT’s headlights and the roof of the planes cockpit.

The fire plane is more than I was expecting, but the build looks very rudimentary.  Lots of beam stacking and not very many functions.  It doesn’t look like there are any flight controls.  Functions appear to be just landing gear and a simple bay release for the water drop.  I think the props are just free-spinning.  

Ford GT is probably a buy for me.  

4 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

The black springs in the Batbike are also interesting. I wonder how hard the small ones are. I tend to think that they are not soft, because then an LBG version could have been used as well, it would fit the color scheme nicely, so there would be no good enough reason to release it in a new color for this model I think. The spiralling does not look like on a hard one either, so I hope it's something different, a medium hard would be welcome!

I am guessing they are hard springs like the yellow ones. I got a 42107 last year and it had the same updated spring coiling. All these new set images at once make a great new year's gift!

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is it just me or does the Chevrolet Camaro just look like a reskinned Top Gear C+ car?

It looks more like a reskinned version of the car included in the car transporter. It's almost identical to my eyes!