12 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I saw somewhere where someone had made a Peugeot 9x8 and it looked really good but i'm pretty sure it was made out of standard bricks and not technic

So in summary, this probably doesn't help :)

It is probably that one (article in French sorry) :
https://sportauto.autojournal.fr/peugeot/peugeot-9x8-2022-un-passionne-construit-lhypercar-en-lego-images-372965.html#item=5

It's really good, but not technic unfortunately
(it would be good in the creator's range though)

So, apparently there IS a classic defender coming it 2023, but no word on if it's Technic. It'll probably be in the same line as the Mustang, DB5 and VW campers I guess. But man I'd love for it to be Technic whenever the current technic defender retires.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

So, apparently there IS a classic defender coming it 2023, but no word on if it's Technic. It'll probably be in the same line as the Mustang, DB5 and VW campers I guess. But man I'd love for it to be Technic whenever the current technic defender retires.

A leak I had seen (albeit possibly fake/ a guess at the time) was that the classic Landy was indeed creator-style. It did not gain traction here (neither the technic forum nor the creator one) so I didn’t think much of it until your post.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

A leak I had seen (albeit possibly fake/ a guess at the time) was that the classic Landy was indeed creator-style. It did not gain traction here (neither the technic forum nor the creator one) so I didn’t think much of it until your post.

• D2C: 10317 - {? Land Rover Classic Defender ?} (18+)
    • Includes 2336 pieces
    • US $239.99 - DE/FR €239.99 - UK £209.99
    • Release: APRIL 1ST 2023

source Jedi Penguin.

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

• D2C: 10317 - {? Land Rover Classic Defender ?} (18+)
    • Includes 2336 pieces
    • US $239.99 - DE/FR €239.99 - UK £209.99
    • Release: APRIL 1ST 2023

source Jedi Penguin.

Going by the number, it's a Creator Expert set.

18 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I saw the same, I think. It definitely will be an old brick-shaped defender of 1990-2000 years made of System bricks (Creatoe, now Icons theme).

18 hours ago, KevinMD said:

I already mentioned this in the General Parts Discussion considering the wheels/tires used in this set:

On 10/18/2022 at 12:37 PM, Jundis said:

I just read about the upcoming 10317 Land Rover Classic Defender as a Creator Expert model for 2023. It is rumoured that it has 2336 pieces, so about the same as the ECTO 1. But considering it's size and overall shape, my guess is, that it has to have bigger tires and not the rather small 49.5 x 20 of the ECTO 1.

As the 62.4 are retired (no pun intended), I really hope Lego will go with the big 68.7 from the Batmobil, which would make the Defender look really mean.

Or are there other possibilities I didn't had in mind?

There is a Defender MOC with system 1708 pieces which uses the smaller 49 x 20 wheels, I really hope for the 62.4 wheels to return like this brilliant technic MOC from in @ArsMan064

62.4 tyres won't come back, is my prediction. Over the last years, Lego has been moving to a system of rims fitting multiple tyres, and the 62.4 tyre/rim combination cannot be used with any other tyre or rim. The 68.7 tyre fits a standard rim used for years with other tyres and that exists in multiple colors, and I interpret it as being the replacement of the 62.4 tyre. But it's still pretty rare. A 2400-part creator offroad car would be a great opportunity to use these tyres.

5 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

62.4 tyres won't come back, is my prediction. Over the last years, Lego has been moving to a system of rims fitting multiple tyres, and the 62.4 tyre/rim combination cannot be used with any other tyre or rim. The 68.7 tyre fits a standard rim used for years with other tyres and that exists in multiple colors, and I interpret it as being the replacement of the 62.4 tyre. But it's still pretty rare. A 2400-part creator offroad car would be a great opportunity to use these tyres.

68.7mm tyres would be an awesome scale for a classic Defender, that scale and tyre is one of my favorites, and it would make it possible to keep its creator shell and replace its chassis with a proper technic one with suspension, either motorized or manual. However, I'm afraid that in line with previous creator cars, it will rather have 49.5mm tyres, which is a significantly smaller scale with less space on the inside unfortunately (so no suspension whatsoever, maybe working steering wheel). Just imagine, 68.7mm tyres is already close to the scale of the technic defender on 80mm tyres, which would be quite large for an official system build.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, gyenesvi said:

68.7mm tyres would be an awesome scale for a classic Defender, that scale and tyre is one of my favorites, and it would make it possible to keep its creator shell and replace its chassis with a proper technic one with suspension, either motorized or manual. However, I'm afraid that in line with previous creator cars, it will rather have 49.5mm tyres, which is a significantly smaller scale with less space on the inside unfortunately (so no suspension whatsoever, maybe working steering wheel). Just imagine, 68.7mm tyres is already close to the scale of the technic defender on 80mm tyres, which would be quite large for an official system build.

The yellow creator pickup had suspension so it's not unheard of. Simple live axle suspension with steering is doable without drive.

5 hours ago, allanp said:

The yellow creator pickup had suspension so it's not unheard of. Simple live axle suspension with steering is doable without drive.

I guess 5893 proves that.

6 hours ago, allanp said:

1 hour ago, kolbjha said:

I guess 5893 proves that.

Wow, I am blown by these creator sets, now that I looked up their building instructions! I knew about the blue pickup, but not the yellow one. They look pretty cool and have nice functionality for the theme! I believe even steering might be possible for the yellow pickup's independent suspension with today's parts. But the live axle is a better fit for the classic defender.

So we have hope! :) Such a set would be instant buy for me. Though truth is, even without suspension I'd probably buy it :D but an offroader in expert style would be strange without some sort of suspension. I really hope the expert theme will draw in more technic elements for simple functionality, and since they are smaller builds, they have the potential of evolving critical parts (like suspension parts) for tight builds, which would be really useful.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, kbalage said:

TLG does not need to reinvent the wheel with the controllers, any generic Xbox / PS controller layout would be more than enough to control most of the sets. 

My thoughts exactly! Just use it LEGO.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:23 PM, kbalage said:

The problem with the built in smart device is the cost of the full hw + sw development versus the interest and the lifecycle of the whole platform. Most kids nowadays are fine with touchscreen control, so developing a unique solution for a limited target audience simply does not worth it.

I have no problem with touch control, but there are places where/when it does not work. Gloves and not looking at the screen are main obstacles.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, thekoRngear said:

Ah! More 50/60$ pullback cars🤦

Good to see the Monster series is alive (hopefully).

You mean the bike's successor? I don't think so. I think the bike is a once-in-every-2-years thing. 

I like the pullback cars

The new Bugatti is leaked on Instagram... black and yellow... and lot of new minipanels there!:grin_wub:

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Legoleaks.

Looks to be the same scale as the blue McLaren. Lots of black and yellow panels, yellow rims.

Exactly! 

Looks like

32294 Technic Wishbone Suspension Arm in yellow with least 2 - back after 2001 (include 2 in one set 8240)

56904 Wheel 30 x 14 in yellow with least 2 - back after 2014 (include 4 in one set 79115)

Small 9L mudguard with curved top with least 2 in black new

Panel 2x3 triangle with least 8 in black, 4 in yellow new

Not 100% sure but looks like 2x3 curved triangle panel in black on rear wing

Link

Edited by msk6003

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

What do you mean by "micro panels"? The "toilet papers" introduced this year?

Imagine the 2x3 panel mixed with the 21/22 panels. A shorter 21/22 panel basically.

And then also the 2x3 panel as a #3 angle connector.

Edited by LvdH

And I think this also possible include 18654 Technic Pin Connector Round 1L in yellow too.(least 2)

And 100% include #3 angle connector in yellow with least 2. (back after 2012, include 10 sets before)

And I'm happey cause TLG finally remove stupid pull-back in this scale.

Edited by msk6003

Interesting. Wonder if they've been used in the Monster Jam trucks? Monster Mutt Dalmatian and Dragon have fairly complex body shaping, so I'd push it towards likely.

If they've been used in the dump truck or snow groomer, then that'd be cool as well.