2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

About all those car sets: I am not so much into them in their current form, but I do acknowledge that they sell, so it makes sense from a business standpoint.

I'd like to return to my earlier point about stacks of remaindered McLaren Senna sets showing up at discount outlets, supermarkets and the like. Clearly not all of them are selling.

Conversely, Monster Jam sets move. Until recently, there was a dedicated standee at one of my local supermarkets stocked with El Toro Loco/Megalodon sets, and it was emptied on a regular basis.

20 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

When I worked there we did about one (flagship) model per year with two designers. Don't underestimate the number of iterations required to meet all the requirements that need to be met. I've made literally hundreds of variations of the same model to get it perfect. Of course my experience is now nearly 25 year old, so I would expect that things work differently now. 

True, I didn't want to shrink the effort or the talent of lego designers. The point I tried to make was that the Technic department don't have the problem of lack in manpower for making great technical models. The sales figures of cars are good, therefor lego build more technic cars.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'd like to return to my earlier point about stacks of remaindered McLaren Senna sets showing up at discount outlets, supermarkets and the like. Clearly not all of them are selling. 

You don't know how many were produced in relation to other sets. Maybe it started off very popular which prompted a lot more to be produced, but then lost popularity to some other sets that appeared on the shelves.

Also it makes sense to overproduce exactly this set, because it has no parts that need special production machines. No springs, no pull back motors. Maybe Lego would like to produce more of the 50 Euro cars from this year, but they can't because their pull back motor production line is on full capacity. Then it's easier to push out more 42123s. So there is a lot we don't know before we can make the assumption that 42123 is not meeting Lego's expectations.

39 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

You don't know how many were produced in relation to other sets. Maybe it started off very popular which prompted a lot more to be produced, but then lost popularity to some other sets that appeared on the shelves.

Then TLG still borked it by making too many!

44 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

Also it makes sense to overproduce exactly this set, because it has no parts that need special production machines. No springs, no pull back motors. Maybe Lego would like to produce more of the 50 Euro cars from this year, but they can't because their pull back motor production line is on full capacity. Then it's easier to push out more 42123s. So there is a lot we don't know before we can make the assumption that 42123 is not meeting Lego's expectations.

Overproducing this set is still a waste of resources if it isn't selling. Also, TLG are producing another car around the 50 Euro price point, the Bugatti Wossname.

6 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Conversely, Monster Jam sets move. Until recently, there was a dedicated standee at one of my local supermarkets stocked with El Toro Loco/Megalodon sets, and it was emptied on a regular basis.

This might be the case in your region, maybe LEGO UK had a bigger stock. I didn't see many of them on the shelves around here, actually if I check the price history it significantly increased for some time at the beginning of the year, which means it was actually out of stock in most shops. On the other hand I see way more Monster Jam sets being discounted around here. I guess stock levels might be different per region, and the demand might be different as well. 

Even if some cars sell well, I can't imagine betting all your future revenue from Technic just on cars. This is a very uninspiring lineup and I don't see anything I'm even remotely interested in. H1 looks like a breather for my wallet. 

Give me proper technic sets from agriculture or construction. We didn't get a bigger backhoe for years and I'd love one in the same scale as 42054. Small sets are sweet and all but don't really scratch that same itch.

It wouldn't surprise me if this will self correct relatively soon. With heavy focus on cars within the technic line, the more internal competition which I guess will lower sales of new sets in the long run. No good for TLG bottom line.

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm really curious about how this side profile is going to be replicated in Technic.

Like on Corvette?

(I know it's not the same, but LEGO would go for simpler solution?)

I guess it'll be a blend between the Mustang and the Corvette, no big surprises at this scale. But I really hope we finally get the small mudguard piece in black.

57 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I guess it'll be a blend between the Mustang and the Corvette, no big surprises at this scale. But I really hope we finally get the small mudguard piece in black.

That sounds interesting - I tried to put Corvette's engine into Mustang and when overlayed them, it was somehow similar to your idea - "brick-brutal" Mustang's nose with no clue of aerodynamic slopes and inclined rear part to push the rear axle down. 

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Don't you think TLG will make printed small mudguard in black for the rear of the upcoming Camaro.

Well, the mudguards are too curved to have stickers applied (yes, they were presented only for a relatively small area, not the whole surface), so such parts can have only prints, not stickers.

14 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Well, the mudguards are too curved to have stickers applied (yes, they were presented only for a relatively small area, not the whole surface), so such parts can have only prints, not stickers.

Oh-ho, don't underestimate TLG on this one, especially after the Deere roof tile debacle.

9 hours ago, Void_S said:

There's no word on the livery of the Camaro at this stage so this may not even be an issue

I kind of expect something inbetween the 42138 and the unlabeled car from the car transporter:

48354518741_57f751b0e9_b.jpg

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Don't you think TLG will make printed small mudguard in black for the rear of the upcoming Camaro.

If the base is black then I don't really care, can un-print it with an eraser in 5 minutes :) 

16 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Oh-ho, don't underestimate TLG on this one, especially after the Deere roof tile debacle.

Well, anyways it was table-flat so technically it was no issue (but aesthetically...)

On 9/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, Maaboo35 said:

It should've been a printed tile.

Sorry for my ignorance, but was it expected to be printed? I  may miss it...
Besides this moment, I find nothing critical if such a small and cheap (yeah-yeah, "new meaning of cheap", thanks TLG) set has stickers rather than prints that are common among expensive sets.

Returning back to the topic, did we get any tips if some "49.5-tired" or "62.4-tired" trucks will come? The last time 62.4 tires were presented in 2018 year (4 years ago!) and never appeared again.

24 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Returning back to the topic, did we get any tips if some "49.5-tired" or "62.4-tired" trucks will come? The last time 62.4 tires were presented in 2018 year (4 years ago!) and never appeared again.

Considering that the only confirmed truck so far this year is a 10-euro set, I would say it's unlikely.

Also, there have been rumours that the tyre and rim you mention are now discontinued.

32 minutes ago, Void_S said:

It looks like TLC decided with introduction of Mack Anthem to switch trucks to smaller scale based in 49.5 tires, but IMHO most likely truck mentioned in 1h of 2023 would probably be 8065 size, or not much bigger 

I wonder if Monster Mutt Dalmatian's wagging tail is gonna be mounted like the flags on Grave Digger and Max-D. The last two trucks were really missing that dynamic feature; yeah, Megalodon's fins wobbled a bit, but El Toro Loco could have used that extra movement.

So, today I saw updated list with parts count. Heres it

42147 - Tipping Truck / €9.99 / 177 parts

42148 - Snowgroomer / €9.99 / 178 parts

42149 - Monster Jam Dragon / €19.99 / 217 parts

42150 - Monster Jam Monster Mutt Dalmatian / €19.99 / 244 parts

42151 - Bugatti Bolide / €49.99 / 905 Parts (!)

42152 - Firefighter Plane / €99.99 /Parts TBC

42153 - Nascar Next Gen Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 /€49.99 / 672 parts

42154 - Ford GT / €119.99 / 1466 parts

42155 - The Batman: Batcycle / €54.99 / 641 parts

42156 - Peugeot 9X8 Hypercar / €199.99 / 1775 parts

42146 - Liebherr LR13000 / €449.99 / 2882 parts

Now Im pretty sure that Bugatti have Engine and Steering. It has 70 more parts than McLaren and have same price tag. I love McLaren so much, thats why Bugatti is must buy for me. 42153 is probably slightly rebuilded 42093. 

42154 is something in scale of Dodge I think

42155 may be a Black Ducati with some mods to make it more similar to Batcycle tbh

42156 is definetly 1:10 scale, maybe with Gearbox this year.

Idk, whole H1 lineup seems uninteresting for me. 42146 will probably be August or even october wave set like Cat was so only three not cars or motors set in whole 1H lineup (two if Firefighter Plane wont be out in 1H)