I found this MOC at Rebrickable, it's a production of @schwaiwal and @technicbasics (who did the instructions). It is a huge, very huge MOC. 

From Rebrickable:

Technical data:
Number of parts: 11258 including 2332 rubber connectors (45590)
Length: 105cm (131 Studs)
Widht: 32cm (40 Studs)
Hight: 40,5cm (51 Studs)
Highest point when the shovel is raised: 64cm
Weight: approx. 9kg

The motors get the power from 4 x Buwizz 2.0.

Further details:

Compressor unit with two pneumatic pumps powered by 2 buggy motors,

Remote controlled pneumatic valves via servomotors,

Inline 6 cylinder engine, with a 120° offset crankshaft, valve lifters and rocker arms, 

Micromotor that generates a realistic turning movement of the steering wheel during the steering movement,

Swing axle at the rear, pneumatically sprung driver's seat

3 spare Buwizz connectors so nothing stands in the way of future lighting installations.

It did take me several months to collect all the parts, and now I am  well on my way with the build. The build is great fun and sometimes a challenge.

Some pictures from the machine up to now:

52306578448_7ccd2fd1f4_b.jpg

52305392787_58273623f5_o.jpg

20220823_191313_resized_1.jpg

1 beter.jpg

Edited by onzenuub
delete pics

That looks amazing! Can you place some bigger pictures? The current ones are like one pixel per Lego part ;-)

Edit: thanks for placing bigger pictures.

Edited by m00se

1 hour ago, m00se said:

That looks amazing! Can you place some bigger pictures? The current ones are like one pixel per Lego part ;-)

Can you see the bigger pics now?

It's impressive for its size, but actually I am not convinced that such models really work well. ABS is just the limiting factor here. I remember seeing a video of a german youtuber building this thing and he had much trouble with it...

Don't wanna spoil your fun, though. It is at least a really good model for your showcase :-)

Ah yes, this beast! I've been 'coveting' it for a long time... but the main thing keeping me from going for it is the daunting prospect of buying 2300 rubber connectors (for the wheels)... :laugh_hard:

In the creator's video the machine appears to operate rather smoothly -- do you think this will be very hard to replicate @Jundis?

The German Youtuber build, as far as I remember, a copycat version by a Chinese manufacturer.

There is quite some positive feedback on this moc: Rebrickable link thus I believe it works fine.

45 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Ah yes, this beast! I've been 'coveting' it for a long time... but the main thing keeping me from going for it is the daunting prospect of buying 2300 rubber connectors (for the wheels)... :laugh_hard:

In the creator's video the machine appears to operate rather smoothly -- do you think this will be very hard to replicate @Jundis?

40 minutes ago, m2fel said:

The German Youtuber build, as far as I remember, a copycat version by a Chinese manufacturer.

There is quite some positive feedback on this moc: Rebrickable link thus I believe it works fine.

Just skipped through the video. His model had problems at raising the main arm (11:00) and the drive failed after 10 seconds outside on flat surface (21:00). But you are right, he bought a chinese copy with many failing parts in the first place. Even with replaced original lego pumps, the model didn't work...

I am building the same MOC. I just only need to build the wheels. It is really huge.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:47 PM, onzenuub said:

Made some progression:

Have you tested the compressor? My 2 Buwizz motors turned in the opposite direction of each other. So i had to make an adjustment.

Edited by Milan
Please do not quote the entire block of pictures.

12 hours ago, Stijn said:

Have you tested the compressor? My 2 Buwizz motors turned in the opposite direction of each other. So i had to make an adjustment.

Planned testing all motors sometime this or next week. Thanks.

Seen this beast on rebrickable before, but Great Scott! 2.332 of those rubber pieces, that's 440€ alone for the wheels. Over 12K pieces in total! Incredible.

The size is so impressive. It's the size of the hydraulic RC models. great work so far.

Size matters ... this is all beyond my grasp - beautifully insane.

More importantly: Is that a Whiskey glass on the last photograph to the right? I happen to have a similar one, and folks claimed it was such a glass. I doubt it - but who knows.

Good luck with the steps yet to be taken! It will be wild, I am sure.

Best,
Thorsten

30 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Impressive indeed. What's the wheel diameter and the current weight?

At the moment it is around 8 kg and wheel diameter is 18,5 cm.