Sign in to follow this  
somelegothings_

[MOC] Rumors of a Vault

52303016710_8598e15566_b.jpg

Rumors of a Vault - A Fallout MOC

I'm a huge Fallout fan, and when I first heard of a TV show I was admittedly very skeptical. Once set pics leaked, it's apparent that they aren't just winging it... whatever Amazon is cooking. The visual imagery of a torn-apart nursery room in a vault was the main inspiration for this build. Like Fallout, this build depends on visual story-telling and an apparent aesthetic. It has to tell a story, the rust in the vault not touching the nursery, did something happen intentionally? The dead Vault security officer, if something did happen, how long ago did it happen? Mixed with easter eggs that represent the game such as teddy bears, notes, and terminals (albeit Fallout 1-2 inspired). I'm definitely taking a lot of inspiration from Fallout 4's vaults because I just love the character of them. I chose to use 3 bases that all have an 8x8 footprint (give or take). 

I'm really happy with how this turned out and I hope others who are fans of the series or not can enjoy something about it.

Another Fallout fan here, you've really captured the vault aesthetic. The radio and security officer are both great touches. Is "you rock" the lego equivalent of "you're special"?

Great build. I can really see the vault dweller aesthetic in the design. For the small footprint, you managed to capture a good amount of detail.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:31 AM, ukbajadave said:

Another Fallout fan here, you've really captured the vault aesthetic. The radio and security officer are both great touches. Is "you rock" the lego equivalent of "you're special"?

In regards to the "YOU ROCK!" it was totally unintentional but now I can't stop thinking of your idea. :thumbup:

On 8/24/2022 at 5:40 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Great build. I can really see the vault dweller aesthetic in the design. For the small footprint, you managed to capture a good amount of detail.

That's the goal, it's an example entry for my contest on Instagram! I also just love working with small footprints because it's a unique challenge for me. 

On 8/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, Johnny1360 said:

One of my all time favorite games and I would say you nailed it, especially for the size, great work.

Really appreciate the kind words - there will be more where that came from!