That should be an official B model, it just seems to fit together so perfectly. Well done!

P.S. nice idea using the extra hose as a railing and the valve as a panel.

Very nice.

42144 has a lot of potential. Pretty much like a universal kit.

Dam that's cool!

I don't know how you lot do alternative models. I don't get any inspiration when looking at a predefined pile of parts...

@M_longer That looks great!

However, as I watched the video, I noticed a quite unusual use of parts right above the turntable, specifically:

15100.png and 77765.png 

For me this placement doesn't make much sense, because I'd definitely replace them with each other, so the 3L frictionless pin would go the all way through the 15100 pin, the frame and the turntable and I believe that would make the connection more stable.

Anyway, superb use of provided parts and some very good ideas!

EDIT: Described part is well visible at 1:10 (time)

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

Indeed great looking and functioning alternate model, could really be an official one. I like the part used for the side mirror and the build of the basket (including the hose), and the way it lowers right to the ground as the first stage of the boom elevates :)

This truck looks absolutely fantastic and could have easily been an neat A model as to me this one looks better than the current A model. Also this is a great concept and i believe TLG has never released a pneumatic cherry picker before.

13 hours ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

@M_longer

For me this placement doesn't make much sense, because I'd definitely replace them with each other, so the 3L frictionless pin would go the all way through the 15100 pin, the frame and the turntable and I believe that would make the connection more stable.

It makes sense when you know how it is assembled.
Whole H frame slides into turntable and then is secured horizontally with that pin:

300428038_1285332852220696_5635702888093

It actually was just a matter of time since @M_longer would come up with a B-Model :D

The idea is really great and many clever linkages here and there. What I especially like is the front of the cabin, which could really be made for an A-Model!

How many parts are leftover? :-)

9 hours ago, M_longer said:

It makes sense when you know how it is assembled.
Whole H frame slides into turntable and then is secured horizontally with that pin:

It's great to see that it was assembled on purpose and I fully respect your solution :pir-huzzah2:

Anyway, I'd still go this way, which works exactly the same but to me seems aesthetically better (might be just a matter of taste).

AL9nZEUd2Jp7WD6DGUh_4_5HphiwI1CYUQ2llNkI

Man whenever i am going through my collection i look at all these technic bricks and think "what am i ever going do with these".

Edited by natesroom

8 hours ago, Henning M. said:

Oh have we ever had an alternative model from an existing sets parts?

?

On 8/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

It's great to see that it was assembled on purpose and I fully respect your solution :pir-huzzah2:

Anyway, I'd still go this way, which works exactly the same but to me seems aesthetically better (might be just a matter of taste).

But this setup is harder to assemble - these "pin with a pinhole" are known as "hard-to-insert somewhere, as require really bigger force than a regular pin, so it is always better to put them to the parts and places are easier to access.

Plus, I remember some technics when it was preferable to use its part "pinhole" rather than the "pin" to merge the assemblies - it will require a less force and attention to part orientation.

Just now, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

@Void_S I tried it in reality and not much more force than for the previous assembly was needed. 

However, I agree with you that for some builders this could've been an issue.

It is true for the most recent molds of this part, it feels kinda loose in a pinhole sometimes even. But for the first-old molds, it was sitting so tight, so it could be called "super-friction"-ridged pin with a pinhole.