PopularBricks

[LEGO Ideas] Imperial Trading Post

blogged.png

The Imperial Soldier series apart of the pirate theme is one of my all-time favorite! For my MOC I wanted to create something that is both reminiscence of that classic theme yet updated into a more modern take.

The Imperial Trading Post is built with approximately 2,800 pieces. It is the place where all the sailors go to trade goods. There are a lot of details included; things such as:

• Watchtowers
  • Piers
  • Loading docks
  • Storage
  • Market area
  • Boats

I had a lot of fun building this and if you would like to see this as a possible Ideas set please support on Lego Ideas! More images and other details are also on my Lego Ideas page!

Let me know what you think!

Imperial Trading PostImperial Trading PostImperial Trading Post

Imperial Trading Post

Imperial Trading Post

1.jpg

SUPPORT NOW

Edited by Marooned Marin
Blogged on the Classic-Pirates.com

You never show a photo from the top. I dont think the crenellations and roof structure match as well as some other MOC's that depict this Era. It is a nice build overall. Would look great in a full city.

Edited by natesroom

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

You never show a photo from the top. I dont think the crenellations and roof structure dont match as well as some other MOC's that depict this Era. It is a nice build overall. Would look great in a full city.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I know its not 100% historically accurate, so to speak, but I was more going for my own vision in which I thought looked the best for this build. 

On 8/21/2022 at 8:42 PM, PopularBricks said:

Let me know what you think!

Ok, you definitely got something going there, and you are gaining support on LEGO Ideas, but we need more images, here, on the forum to give feedback and engage perhaps in some form of discussion... so first, you must acquire posting images skills, as users are not allowed to upload directly to the forum server.

Any chance you have Flickr or Bricksafe account?

24 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Ok, you definitely got something going there, and you are gaining support on LEGO Ideas, but we need more images, here, on the forum to give feedback and engage perhaps in some form of discussion... so first, you must acquire posting images skills, as users are not allowed to upload directly to the forum server.

Any chance you have Flickr or Bricksafe account?

@Marooned Marin Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I ran into that issue when I tried to add more images due to the max file size. I do have a Flickr account where I have more images of my build.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189134452@N05/albums

Edited by PopularBricks

51 minutes ago, PopularBricks said:

I do have a Flickr account

Most excellent!

1. Go to your Flickr account and open one picture in the new tab.

2. Click view full size

3. Copy the url address: example on the picture

1017381495_copypaste.JPG.01d0208f849c016e5db0f3a4aba25b7a.JPG

4. Paste the address, inside the post (click edit post), and the system will automatically embed the picture inside the post.

The End

If unsure, you can go to training ground for new members here-click and practice your posting pictures skills.

Hope this helps. :pir-thumb:

1 minute ago, Marooned Marin said:

Most excellent!

1. Go to your Flickr account and open one picture in the new tab.

2. Click view full size

3. Copy the url address: example on the picture

1017381495_copypaste.JPG.01d0208f849c016e5db0f3a4aba25b7a.JPG

4. Paste the address, inside the post (click edit post), and the system will automatically embed the picture inside the post.

The End

If you unsure, you can go to training ground for new members here-click and practice your posting pictures skills.

Hope this helps. :pir-thumb:

Thank you so much! Yeah I'm new to posting here haha, but I really appreciate the help! :D

1 minute ago, PopularBricks said:

I really appreciate the help!

No problemo :pir-thumb:

And while we are on subject of advice, I know rendering in Studio can be painfully slow, but you should aim to make higher resolution renders, at least 1280x960. I usually aim at 1600x1200.

Yeah, this can take an hour, or two...or three, but presentation is everything in this game (MOCing game), so make it good, and leave it overnight, by the morning you'll have great image. In one week you can have whole gallery.

Later you can easily edit and update HD images inside the forum.

Now the questions about the MOC.

Does the trading post have furnished interior, or hidden compartments filled with gold?

2 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

No problemo :pir-thumb:

And while we are on subject of advice, I know rendering in Studio can be painfully slow, but you should aim to make higher resolution renders, at least 1280x960. I usually aim at 1600x1200.

Yeah, this can take an hour, or two...or three, but presentation is everything in this game (MOCing game), so make it good, and leave it overnight, by the morning you'll have great image. In one week you can have whole gallery.

Later you can easily edit and update HD images inside the forum.

Now the questions about the MOC.

Does the trading post have furnished interior, or hidden compartments filled with gold?

Thank you! I'm still playing around with rendering, so I appreciate the advice!

And to answer your question! You could say both ;) Most are filled with crates, which perhaps could contain some gold!

4 minutes ago, PopularBricks said:

I'm still playing around with rendering

In that case I suggest you use this combination:

sample.jpg.c74725a6594a9994bdf3b6482e5f62d8.jpg

12 minutes ago, PopularBricks said:

which perhaps could contain some gold!

They should! Trading post without gold would be... like bottle without rum.

Now, since you have improved your original post, lets add that big red shiny support button.

SUPPORT NOW

7 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

In that case I suggest you use this combination:

sample.jpg.c74725a6594a9994bdf3b6482e5f62d8.jpg

They should! Trading post without gold would be... like bottle without rum.

Now, since you have improved your original post, lets add that big red shiny support button.

SUPPORT NOW

Thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it! 

On 5/1/2023 at 4:36 AM, Crazy bricks said:

That looks so cool! 

14 hours ago, Powder Monkey said:

Ooooo that looks very nice! Great renderings too, they feel so commercial :pir-stareyes:

On 4/19/2023 at 5:34 AM, Marooned Marin said:

@PopularBricks you have been blogged.pngon the Classic-Pirates.com :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you all very much!