lmcpicture

[COR-FB] Tavern, Queenston

Killian Goodwill and his little crew had been enjoying their time in Jameston. But when he heard news of a new colony on the far side of the world, he knew his time there had come to an end.

With his ship filled with cargo and adventure on his mind, he set sail for Queenston.

When he arrived he was welcomed by the newly appointed mayor, who led him to the mayor's office where they discussed future plans for the settlement. Goodwill offered to fund the construction of a Royal Tavern that would be large enough to host several newcomers whilst they search for a place to settle down. Mayor Edward Scarver gave Goodwill access to all the settlement's resources and the next day the building's plans were being made.

It took several months of construction for the tavern to be completed. It certainly didn't help that throughout the whole process the plans were being changed, as Goodwill kept adding more and more to them.

But finally, the tavern, if you can still call it that, was complete. It has enough space to fit hundreds of people at the time, a bar, a kitchen with great cooks who offer fresh food every day, rooms for rent, a lookout tower and Killian Goodwill’s own personal office.

It was everything Killian dreamed it would be. Such a large Tavern would be sure to attract new settlers and hence make good profits. But Killian was not after money, so it was decided that all profits generated from the establishment will be donated to the crown to help finance the war.

Tavern, QueenstonTavern, Queenston

Spoiler

Tavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, QueenstonTavern, Queenston

To be licensed as a Royal artisan by the Crown.

Edited by lmcpicture

Beautiful tavern! :pir-stareyes: The size reminds me of the Hofbräuhaus in Munich. There's enough to drink here for a whole pirate fleet fleet of merchant ships. Great architecture inside and out. Everything was built with a lot of interesting details. A great selection of minifigures. It is understandable that not many guests are present during the day, most come in the evening.

So massive and impressive in countless ways! Awesome job! I've loved watching this come together in your IG story posts.

There are a ton of things to love here, but what keeps catching my eye in the railing shape and height on the tower - it's so cool!

Lots to love here! :pir-huzzah2: I especially like the flowering vine climbing the tower.

But what really draws me in is that first image, of the interior. Great shot! I feel like I'm standing there. Well done! :thumbup:

Incredible work! It's been awesome to see your progress from day 1 and to have been able to help you out when you lost inspiration :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Justsomebrix

This base is wonderful.

And those arches are well  thought and well made.

The idea of that tower with the greenies is nice too.

Overall a clever digital job 👍

I'm less fond of those fleshy figs, but it's just a matter of taste. Except if you were contaminated by the @Ayrlego syndrom.

This is a nice little interior... WHAT?! :pir-laugh:  That is massive and magnificent, I just love these colors, from the sandy road to the green vegetation with hints of blue and then the nougat walls up until the dark red roof.  Love your arched entryways, the layout is really great with the three different level roofs AND a tower.  The lit torches are super eye catching too, nice touch.

@NOD, thanks! And yes you're correct, more guests are expected to come hence the unloading of more goods:pir-huzzah2:

@evancelt, thank you. The updates on IG and the support I got helped me finish this oversized thing:pir-triumph:

@Capt Wolf, Thank you. The option to change fov in stud.io really helps with the interior pics.

@Justsomebrix thank you for all the support and I'm happy to help build Queenston.

@Professor Thaum, thanks. But I'm afraid I might be contaminated by the syndrome. Let's hope it goes away before my next build:pir_laugh2:

@Kai NRG, Thank you, always fun with a ''little'' interior:pir-grin:. And they are great for creating scenes.

Stunning work! It's great to see the high resolution renders and the interior scenes really surprised me after seeing the external teaser on Discord. So many great little details that I like such as the SNOT railings, arch details and of course that dome! Any chance we could get a breakdown of how it is constructed? I also like how well the building intergrates into the landscape. You've made a great base with the vegetation and pathways that really complete the whole build.

I've licensed for Corrington and will transfer the agreed amount to your account. I did change the license type to artisan as taverns have always been licensed as artisans. It confused me a lot at first when I started playing and I'm still not quite sure on the logic, but yeah - taverns equal artisans.  

9 hours ago, lmcpicture said:

@Professor Thaum, thanks. But I'm afraid I might be contaminated by the syndrome. Let's hope it goes away before my next build:pir_laugh2:

If you need some help and some time to cure your heresy I may cut you off from EB  for a while...

😁

This is absolutely excellent! Great plan, good amount of furniture, superb work with the details.

The building itself is awesome on all levels. My only (and very light) reminder would be: You can put little more minifigs and action in your build, the traffic in the pub pooks like lazy sunday morning.

Ach, this is gorgeous!  I absolutely love the split levels and the effort you went through to give the entire thing some amazing interiors, and the sheer size and scale of it all are simply epic!  The burnt orange and dark red are superb as well, and - yeah, I love it, I just love it all, :grin: :wub_drool:  Stunning work, mate - this'll surely be the tavern to go to in BoBS for a whole long time to come!