Kai NRG

Lady Cora’s Course of Action Makes Progress (finally)

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV

Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI

PS. to Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII

Chapter XXIII (you are here)
Chapter XXIV

Some time ago, Lady Cora set out in a rowboat to search for Captain Argentum, who is lost at sea.  She had some issues setting out, but after taking a few rowing lessons she made it past the surf.

But of course Lady Cora wasn’t planning on rowing herself all the way around the Sea of Storms.  She commandeered the first ship she came to.

2022%205-29%2C%20Catamaran%20%281%29.JPG

Then she hoisted the Corry flag and waited, knowing it would attract Captain Argentum like a magnet.

Just barely squeezing this in before the one year mark since my last one... :pir-laugh:  Got a bit sidetracked with current events in Eslandola, so poor Captain Argentum had to wait on his little raft... hopefully he won't be a total skeleton by the time Lady Cora finds him...

This outrigger was pretty fun to build, used some kinda unusual pieces for the sail!

2022%205-29%2C%20Catamaran%20%283%29.JPG

2022%205-29%2C%20Catamaran%20%282%29.JPG

Only a couple chapters left--so at this rate I should be done in 2024. :pir_tong2:  C&C welcome!

Edited by Kai NRG

This is a nice and fast catamaran. There is enough food for a long journey. How did Lady Cora manage to requisition the ship from the 2 islanders? One of them looks muscular and reasonably intelligent.

7 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a nice and fast catamaran. There is enough food for a long journey. How did Lady Cora manage to requisition the ship from the 2 islanders? One of them looks muscular and reasonably intelligent.

Lady Cora is (strangely) a very good cook and promised to turn their raw fish into ceviche.  (You can't very well light a fire to cook your food on a wooden catamaran.) :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Woah, that's an excellent looking catamaran! And the colours from the Ninjago island people and hoe you integrated them are amazing!

Thanks Thomas!  Yeah, I love those colors and the printed shields and masks!!  You'll be seeing a slightly bigger build from me using this same theme soon(TM)... :smug:

This is really nice - those outrigger (maybe? :tongue: :grin:) canoes work great, and the sail is really awesome!  And it looked even better in real life :pir-laugh:

On 8/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, Kai NRG said:

Lady Cora is (strangely) a very good cook and promised to turn their raw fish into ceviche.  (You can't very well light a fire to cook your food on a wooden catamaran.) :pir-grin:

Of course - everyone knows a catamaran sails on its stomach. :pir-grin:  They seem to have enough chilis for quite a long voyage too :pir_laugh2:

I really love that catamaran. The sail is unique. Looks a bit Ninjago, but I don't hate it. Very colourful and fun. Good work!

On 8/23/2022 at 1:52 PM, Garmadon said:

This is really nice - those outrigger (maybe? :tongue: :grin:) canoes work great, and the sail is really awesome!  And it looked even better in real life :pir-laugh:

Of course - everyone knows a catamaran sails on its stomach. :pir-grin:  They seem to have enough chilis for quite a long voyage too :pir_laugh2:

Chilis?!  What chilis?  Those are yellow peppers. :pir_tong2:

Thanks!

On 8/24/2022 at 8:02 AM, Ross Fisher said:

I really love that catamaran. The sail is unique. Looks a bit Ninjago, but I don't hate it. Very colourful and fun. Good work!

Thanks Ross!  Yes, some Ninjago inspiration for sure.  I liked the islander colors from the previous season so they'll probably show up again in a future islander MOC. :pir-laugh:

4 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

What a gorgeous little boat! Loving the sails too!

Thanks Jeff!

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV

Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI

PS. to Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII

Chapter XXIII

Chapter XXIV (you are here)

Found at Sea, One Angry Captain

After reducing the animal kingdom around him to order, Captain Argentum resumed his interrupted search for Corry ships.  One blissful day he spotted a bit of red on the horizon and, flourishing his seagulls, made for it with all speed.

2022%207-29%2C%20Raft.JPG

Of course the red flag Captain Argentum had spotted flapping in the horizon breeze was Lady Cora in her commandeered vessel and not a Corry ship at all, and when he reached it Captain Argentum raved furiously for three minutes--in other words, until Lady Cora came to (she had fainted when she saw him, of course), sat up, and waved to him; then he forgot to be angry at the trick she had played him.

I did not think this rehash of my previous raft merited a new topic, but the Captain must be rescued somehow before we get to the grand finale and I have already procrastinated long enough on trying to make this scene more exciting without everything falling apart.  However simple it may look, I'll have you know that that seagull most certainly does not float on the vine on its own and so there is a considerable deal of photo magic going on there. :pir-wink: