MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 2/21/2023 at 4:15 AM, MKJoshA said:

So if that was the good cop routine I guess I need a little of the bad cop. How about, stay on target or I'll send Darth Vader to your mom's house! :vader:

Oh no! Poor Darth Vader!

Some of this years SW sets seem interesting, so far. And yeah, I am late to the SW train, This winter, is the first time I bought SW LEGO.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

It just seems like some of you are intent on finding the cloud in every silver lining...

Consider that it could have been another Millennium Falcon, or any number of other rehashes. Fact is, LEGO took a chance and devoted their big flagship set to a playset for the first time ever. So maybe, hold off trashing it until you've seen it... and consider that if it sells well, LEGO might be encouraged to do other playsets at this price point, maybe even prequel era ones, if that's your cup of tea?

Yes, if the set is at least somewhat nice, we should do are duty to buy a copy each. At this prisepoint, amount of minifigures and piececount there are a lot of location based sets that could be made. 

I’ve wanted yavin since 2009 so I’ll certainly be getting it, having 12-15 figs helps but I’ve already got more than enough rebels to fill it on my own. Also I’m an absolute sucker for play sets.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

If it walks like a duck... swims like a duck... quacks like a duck...

327th confirmed? Now we just need it to include Commander Bly otherwise I just don’t see the point of raising the price and (especially since we just got his micro binoculars) 

27 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Please be careful with potential spoilers. Thank you :) 

Oops sorry XD, I don’t know that much besides that, either way I’m not that interested in the series

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Consider that it could have been another Millennium Falcon, or any number of other rehashes. Fact is, LEGO took a chance and devoted their big flagship set to a playset for the first time ever. So maybe, hold off trashing it until you've seen it... and consider that if it sells well, LEGO might be encouraged to do other playsets at this price point, maybe even prequel era ones, if that's your cup of tea?

Well considering the Yavin IV base was combat free I can hope for a jedi temple in a similar fashion next year or whenever as it was mostly peace full no action scenes in the movies ( assuming that they'd want to keep the child murder and genocide out of a playset?).

Edited by Agent Kallus

32 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

I’ve wanted yavin since 2009 so I’ll certainly be getting it, having 12-15 figs helps but I’ve already got more than enough rebels to fill it on my own. Also I’m an absolute sucker for play sets.

What’s the likelihood it has more figures than stated today? 

34 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes, if the set is at least somewhat nice, we should do are duty to buy a copy each. At this prisepoint, amount of minifigures and piececount there are a lot of location based sets that could be made. 

Hopefully it does well enough for other locations to be considered at this price range. Would be a great way to finally get the Geonosis Arena and Jedi Temple without having to wait 2-3 years for a new Master Builder Series set.

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So the implication is that the Swamp Speeder is a BP? That’d be cool, albeit with a pretty steep price hike :grin:

Yes it’s exactly this, which is exciting. Makes the Clones included even more important!

I do hope it’s not a Kashyyyk Bp, I really do…

Just now, wesker said:

Would be a great way to finally get the Geonosis Arena and Jedi Temple without having to wait 2-3 years for a new Master Builder Series set.

Both would sell amazingly well, and the hype would be immense. 

A Geonosian Arena with 12-16 figures would be incredible. 

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well considering the Yavin IV base was combat free I can hope for a jedi temple in a similar fashion next year or whenever as it was mostly peace full no action scenes in the movies ( assuming that they'd want to keep the child murder and genocide out of a playset?).

I feel like the Jedi Temple is similar enough to the Yavin Base (they're both tan pyramids) that they probably wouldn't have them on shelves at the same time. That said, if we show LEGO that big playsets can sell, then maybe we'll FINALLY get a Geonosis Arena at the $160 price tag. One of these decades...

6 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I feel like the Jedi Temple is similar enough to the Yavin Base (they're both tan pyramids) that they probably wouldn't have them on shelves at the same time. That said, if we show LEGO that big playsets can sell, then maybe we'll FINALLY get a Geonosis Arena at the $160 price tag. One of these decades...

Theed Palace,Mustafar,Jedi Temple and most importantly geonosis arena in that case we do need Yavin to sell incredibly well…………

39 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

327th confirmed? Now we just need it to include Commander Bly otherwise I just don’t see the point of raising the price and (especially since we just got his micro binoculars) 

Just give me Aayla and some 327th, and I can go without a Bly honestly.

Geonosis Arena would be sick too but I'd probably pass on it. It'd be cool to see tho!

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

If the minifigures have the same color accents as a rubber duckie...

Rubber duckie clones confirmed????

Also, it would be interesting to see if Yavin IV gets a baseplate (or two, if they want it to fold open). I can't remember the last time one of those was in a SW set.

Lol, this is my 212th post on EB. Just reminded myself of how the AT-TE instruction booklet has 212 pages. That was a nice easter egg.

Edited by AD_Bricks

2 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Just give me Aayla and some 327th, and I can go without a Bly honestly.

Geonosis Arena would be sick too but I'd probably pass on it. It'd be cool to see tho!

I feel like we only get aylas, yodas and windus, maybe we could get a new yedi for a change, even an update of jedi slob would do.

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I feel like we only get aylas, yodas and windus, maybe we could get a new yedi for a change, even an update of jedi slob would do.

Was there another Jedi on Felucia? I feel like yes but I don't remember who. Id be down for a new Jedi, I just feel like Aayla is the most logical choice

4 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

What weighs the same as a duck? 

A witch!

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Hopefully it does well enough for other locations to be considered at this price range. Would be a great way to finally get the Geonosis Arena and Jedi Temple without having to wait 2-3 years for a new Master Builder Series set.

What was the last MBS set we actually got? It feels like such a long time ago I can’t even remember.  I think Geonosis Arena would do well at this price but a Jedi Temple would need to be MBS. 

13 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

What was the last MBS set we actually got? It feels like such a long time ago I can’t even remember.  I think Geonosis Arena would do well at this price but a Jedi Temple would need to be MBS. 

The only sets that we've gotten which were technically considered MBS are the Cantina (2020, but it's still on shelves now) and Cloud City.  However, you could retroactively apply the label to the Assault on Hoth, Ewok Village, the two minifigure Death Stars (not the DS II model), and debatably the original Cloud City, as I believe the numbering lines up with UCS sets, and some books have classified it as UCS.

Sounds like the Swamp Speeder is basically a battle pack. But Lego might avoid naming it a battle pack if it includes named characters, since some weirdos got all up in arms about the Jedi and Clone Troopers Battle Pack and the Bounty Hunters Battle Pack a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

The Cantina in fall of 2020. Although since then the Razor Crest and AT-AT essentially function as MBS sets, since they’re both very large sets at roughly minifig scale. 

I definitely agree that the Jedi Temple needs to be MBS, since having the full exterior shape is a lot more important than the Massassi Temple or Petranaki Arena. Plus there’s a lot more going on inside it. 

7 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, while none of the three Y-Wing pilots in Ep. IV have really unique faces, as stated by others in this forum LEGO may well decide to include Evaan Verlaine from Rogue One as the Y-Wing pilot (she's the only member of Gold Squadron to survive the Battle of Yavin, plus it would be in-character for LEGO to want more than one girl in the set), who would obviously need a new head as well.

Considering that we can seemingly count on six figures to be direct reprints (seven if they don't do a torso variant for Han), I could definitely see them putting in the extra mile on the pilots, presuming they aren't just Wedge and Vander lol

This set appears to be based on the ending of ANH given the inclusion of Celebration Han/Luke/Leia and the lack of any Rogue One or Rebels characters. Evaan and Wedge would be the most logical choices for the 2 pilots as they were the only other pilots who survived the battle of Yavin.

13 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

You're telling me you're NOT interested in the potential of a Han minifig with a fully buttoned-up shirt?

Bet they don't and let the medal piece do the work for the designers

8 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Eh, grey triangle spaceship how many times?