MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I'm a bit unsure what you guys are talking about with it being too small, as the leaked images seem pretty close to minifig-scale to me. The part that's visible in that picture looks to be around 70 or 75 studs long, and you can't see the curved back section, which would add maybe another 5 studs to the total length. That puts gives it a scale of 1:46 or thereabouts, so within 10% of "proper" minifig scale (to the degree that such a thing exists). I think y'all are maybe picturing the Sail Barge as a bigger vehicle than it really is--it's shorter than the Falcon and much narrower, with probably less than half of the overall mass. This model may be scaled slightly smaller than the Falcon is, but not by enough that I think you'd be likely to notice without actually measuring it and doing the math.

On a completely unrelated note, what's up with the mini Arquitens model in this month's LSW Magazine pack? The bridge is in completely the wrong place on the ship, all the way back on the engine section instead of on the main hull. There's no structural reason why they couldn't move it forwards a couple of studs, so I don't know why they've gotten that that wrong.

8 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

If they do make a UCS Sail Barge, would they include huttslayer Leia? Thought Disney weren't allowing any more merch of Leia in that outfit, but it was an important part of the scene in the movie so the set would be incomplete without it. If they give it a detailed interior like the AT-AT and Razor Crest it would feel like a wasted effort with an important character missing.

I agree, kind of an essential character to that set, if they were to make it. 

I agree that if this is an actual real leak someone's head is going to roll.   In fact I could see the entire team responsible for managing this all getting the proverbial axe.  Also, again if real, everyone who was in the focus group is going to be hearing from Lego's legal team.  I work in IP law and things like this are big deals, especially with the watermarking that is on it.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lego isn't already sending some take down notices.  Also they are probably trying to find out which person in the focus group is the source of the leak.  I am just glad that none of those images are coming from my account.  This leak is definitely worth getting out the popcorn  

As to the Sail Barge, I agree it does look a little drab, but as others have said it likely isn't the final version. Also from the general size of the image it really doesn't look to me like it has the rumoured 6500 pieces.  I am interested in seeing a final version, if this turns out to be true. 

18 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I'm a bit unsure what you guys are talking about with it being too small, as the leaked images seem pretty close to minifig-scale to me. The part that's visible in that picture looks to be around 70 or 75 studs long, and you can't see the curved back section, which would add maybe another 5 studs to the total length. That puts gives it a scale of 1:46 or thereabouts, so within 10% of "proper" minifig scale (to the degree that such a thing exists). I think y'all are maybe picturing the Sail Barge as a bigger vehicle than it really is--it's shorter than the Falcon and much narrower, with probably less than half of the overall mass. This model may be scaled slightly smaller than the Falcon is, but not by enough that I think you'd be likely to notice without actually measuring it and doing the math.

On a completely unrelated note, what's up with the mini Arquitens model in this month's LSW Magazine pack? The bridge is in completely the wrong place on the ship, all the way back on the engine section instead of on the main hull. There's no structural reason why they couldn't move it forwards a couple of studs, so I don't know why they've gotten that that wrong.

Now that you say that, yeah it isn’t that far off. I think it’s the rough build, the watermark, and the blurriness that make it seem smaller than it actually is. Plus this is obviously a very rough model.

And obviously if/when we get the set I hope we get lots of figures, as well as the skiffs and sarlacc pit. 

I’m back on the hype train now. Gotta save up for 2024. 

Seeing another image (same angle) it seems like its a proper size for a UCS, at least for me. Not sure about 240 USD (May 2023 - not likely) or later at ~6000 pcs. Seems between the 2 but a good size that I would be happy with. 

5 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Seeing another image (same angle) it seems like its a proper size for a UCS, at least for me. Not sure about 240 USD (May 2023 - not likely) or later at ~6000 pcs. Seems between the 2 but a good size that I would be happy with. 

I’m sure the final build will be more complex adding to the piece count, plus if they include the skiffs and the Sarlacc that would eat into the piece count. 

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Turns out promobricks contacted him and he showed them watermarked pictures (maybe just design prototypes) from the survey.

A UCS sail barge was one of the 12 sets. BUT promobriks further states that it does not mean that all these sets will be released. First of all, it was just a survey to find out which price the test persons would pay for the sets.

The further state that this leak does not come from their usual sources. So be cautious :laugh:

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah, it's definitely strange.  I'll quote Falconfan1414 from the Disney thread, though, saying:

"Temper expectations because I don’t know how many of these sets will actually release. I would say none of these are 2023 and it’s all for 2024. Like if this is fake I’ll applaud whoever did it because this would be one of the best fakes I have truly ever seen. This has to be one of the most crazy and biggest leaks. I didn’t believe it at first I’ll admit but I think we have a large chunk of 2024 d2cs"

So it seems like there is some credence to this (especially because with the Disney leaks, the original descriptions that the EB member posted include details that match the images that we have).  

I guess it remains to be seen whether or not these are all coming, and if so, whether they're for 2023 or 2024 and what changes may be made.

The pictures making the rounds online are from the EB users who posted descriptions on the forum. So yes, they match, but only because they are from the same source.

Assuming this person isn't making it all up, all of the pictures are rough prototypes on what may be considered for a set. None of them are confirmed unless they match other leaked info.

I've taken surveys like this before (never for Lego though :cry3:) and what he has shared is possible. But it's also possible it's a hoax. Those kinds of surveys have NDAs attached so he'd be in big legal trouble if the leaks are real.

My personal suspicion is that these are like the force ghost leak. A really good attempt at fooling us.

The size of the Sail Barge looks fine to me. It captures the shape a lot better than the last two sets did. It definitely needs a Desert Skiff and Sarlaac Pit though.

2 hours ago, 1340cc said:

If they do make a UCS Sail Barge, would they include huttslayer Leia? Thought Disney weren't allowing any more merch of Leia in that outfit, but it was an important part of the scene in the movie so the set would be incomplete without it. If they give it a detailed interior like the AT-AT and Razor Crest it would feel like a wasted effort with an important character missing.

They've still released merchandise since the Disney buyout and the costume was recently featured as a playable skin in the Skywalker Saga video game. I don't see why they wouldn't include her.

The 18+ branding should also give them some extra leeway like it did for Punisher's inclusion in the Daily Bugle and the Slave/Huttslayer name is irrelevant when Lego sets only ever refer to her as "Princess Leia" on the box packaging regardless of what costume she is wearing.

2 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being like the UCS AT-AT and comes out the year after the big anniversary, especially since it still looks like a very rough model compared to something like the Zelda set.

Hmmm good point I wonder then if there is a system scale Sail Barge to precede the 2024 one in this upcoming wave, just like the AT-AT

I would assume that a vast majority of the piece count will be used on the interior of the sail barge though.  It's not the most basic and has a number of different sections/rooms to dec out so a lot could go on that.  I am assuming people are expecting this to come with minifigures and a full interior like the AT-AT & Razor Crest?  

Regarding the leaked Sail Barge & other leaked sets from other themes is it confirmed that these sets will be releasing or if some of them are confirmed?  If so does someone know which ones?

43 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I would assume that a vast majority of the piece count will be used on the interior of the sail barge though.  It's not the most basic and has a number of different sections/rooms to dec out so a lot could go on that.  I am assuming people are expecting this to come with minifigures and a full interior like the AT-AT & Razor Crest?  

Regarding the leaked Sail Barge & other leaked sets from other themes is it confirmed that these sets will be releasing or if some of them are confirmed?  If so does someone know which ones?

If we assume that the story is correct, these are probably prototypes that I would guess will end up releasing next year at the earliest. (If Lego decides to make them into sets) Since a lot of the sets are far from finished, with the Sail Barge looking basic and missing the back fins, the medieval set having a blue unprinted goat, and the Burrow having blank white minifigures. 

If they made it minifig scale they’d be crazy not to include an interior. 

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

The pictures making the rounds online are from the EB users who posted descriptions on the forum. So yes, they match, but only because they are from the same source.

Assuming this person isn't making it all up, all of the pictures are rough prototypes on what may be considered for a set. None of them are confirmed unless they match other leaked info.

I've taken surveys like this before (never for Lego though :cry3:) and what he has shared is possible. But it's also possible it's a hoax. Those kinds of surveys have NDAs attached so he'd be in big legal trouble if the leaks are real.

My personal suspicion is that these are like the force ghost leak. A really good attempt at fooling us.

The Force Ghost one was stupid and poorly thought out. These look so real, that if they’re fake I’ll eat my shoe. The Lego style is captured so well, and with the amount of sets and all of the glaring things saying unfinished/in-development, this would be an insanely time-intensive trick to try to pull off for nothing in return. 

But obviously since these sets are rough and so far out, it’s possible that some of them don’t end up making it to production because Lego decides not to release it for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I am assuming people are expecting this to come with minifigures and a full interior like the AT-AT & Razor Crest?  

If this set does make it to production I would expect a full interior with all the relevant minifigs from the scene. At this point Lego would know what fans thought about the interiors in those 2 sets, and the half interior in the 2017 Falcon before them.

Rivendell is pretty much confirmed for this year. AFAIK the rest are still unconfirmed.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Those kinds of surveys have NDAs attached so he'd be in big legal trouble if the leaks are real.

If its real Lego will be the least of his worries.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Ah, okay, I didn't know the EB user was the source of the photos as well.  I assumed it was from the same survey but a different person leaked the actual pictures.

I agree, it's really strange, especially because there were without a doubt NDAs associated with it, so I can't see LEGO being particularly happy about it (unless the conspiracy theory that some people have suggested is right, which was that they purposefully leaked these to gauge fan reaction about which ones would sell.  Seems iffy to me, but you never know).

Anyway, it's just kind of bizarre, since the sheer amount of work that would have to go into making a dozen fake sets (all of which are thousands of pieces) that include new minifigures and new molds, AND all of which appear to be in the style of real LEGO sets (which is probably the most difficult part to do, since people who are that good at building are typically going to stray away from the LEGO style, especially if they're making that many sets) is nowhere close to the actual return one would get from that, which is...roughly a week of notoriety on a LEGO message board and a tiny subsection of Instagram?  Like, I fully understand the skepticism with these, but it's also way too elaborate to be a troll in my opinion.

8 hours ago, 1340cc said:

Thought Disney weren't allowing any more merch of Leia in that outfit,

She had that outfit in Skywalker Saga, even though the "Boba Fett's Starship" thing carried over to the game. Then again, changing the name of a ship would have been much easier than somehow avoiding showing a certain outfit from the main story. Then again, yet again, that same thing applies to the Sail Barge, so one might conclude that there's a good chance of her being in the set.

6 hours ago, wesker said:

and the Slave/Huttslayer name is irrelevant when Lego sets only ever refer to her as "Princess Leia" on the box packaging regardless of what costume she is wearing

Yeah, lol. This always occurs to me when people say things like "They'll probably refer to her as Huttslayer Leia instead of Slave Leia". It's like, mate, they never called her Slave Leia and never will :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Anyway, it's just kind of bizarre, since the sheer amount of work that would have to go into making a dozen fake sets (all of which are thousands of pieces) that include new minifigures and new molds, AND all of which appear to be in the style of real LEGO sets (which is probably the most difficult part to do, since people who are that good at building are typically going to stray away from the LEGO style, especially if they're making that many sets) is nowhere close to the actual return one would get from that, which is...roughly a week of notoriety on a LEGO message board and a tiny subsection of Instagram?  Like, I fully understand the skepticism with these, but it's also way too elaborate to be a troll in my opinion.

Very well said.

8 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

If we assume that the story is correct, these are probably prototypes that I would guess will end up releasing next year at the earliest. (If Lego decides to make them into sets) Since a lot of the sets are far from finished, with the Sail Barge looking basic and missing the back fins, the medieval set having a blue unprinted goat, and the Burrow having blank white minifigures. 

The Force Ghost one was stupid and poorly thought out. These look so real, that if they’re fake I’ll eat my shoe. The Lego style is captured so well, and with the amount of sets and all of the glaring things saying unfinished/in-development, this would be an insanely time-intensive trick to try to pull off for nothing in return. 

But obviously since these sets are rough and so far out, it’s possible that some of them don’t end up making it to production because Lego decides not to release it for whatever reason. 

I suppose we can't get our hopes up too much about these sets releasing as something similar happened when everyone saw the Yavin base in that leaked designer photo.  I imagine we would get a skiff and Rancor as well to be honest. 

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I suppose they could be fake but how would you explain the Rivendell?  I mean we know that's coming in the next couple of months so the reveal will be any day really.  If he really wanted to fool us then surely they wouldn't create a fake set that would be revealed so close to these leaks. 

I suppose we can't get our hopes up too much about these sets releasing as something similar happened when everyone saw the Yavin base in that leaked designer photo.  I imagine we would get a skiff and Rancor as well to be honest. 

I suppose they could be fake but how would you explain the Rivendell?  I mean we know that's coming in the next couple of months so the reveal will be any day really.  If he really wanted to fool us then surely they wouldn't create a fake set that would be revealed so close to these leaks. 

Was the Yavin base an actual rumour way back when? I was under the impression that it was a conceptual set that was shown off years later in a Lego book as an example of a set that never made it to production.

12 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Yeah, it makes zero sense to increase the size without a movie-accurate interior. The exterior details just aren't compelling enough to justify the size increase on their own. Same with the Razor Crest; without the interior, I don't think I'd but that set and would see it as far less appealing.

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

He's already got us all believing in it. If it's fake (I'd be pretty impressed if it was at this point but I suppose it's definately possible), he's already achieved his goal and notoriety.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's already got us all believing in it. If it's fake (I'd be pretty impressed if it was at this point but I suppose it's definately possible), he's already achieved his goal and notoriety.

Have promobricks ever revealed anything fake? Not what I recall at least, so if they present a coming set on their site, im sure it will happen

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Have promobricks ever revealed anything fake? Not what I recall at least, so if they present a coming set on their site, im sure it will happen

Promobricks is as reliable as it gets, but they did mention that those leaks came from a source they haven't ever encountered, and that they don't guarantee it's actually true.

Still, I think we have every reason to believe it is.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Promobricks is as reliable as it gets, but they did mention that those leaks came from a source they haven't ever encountered, and that they don't guarantee it's actually true.

Still, I think we have every reason to believe it is.

Okey, no I didnt read everything on the article just the specific info on the sw and lotr sets, but they would present it if they didnt really believe in it, so as you say, we have all reason to trust this to come

That Sailbarge set is definitely one of the few among the survey leaks that could still reasonably be released this year. It would fit in perfectly with the 40th anniversary of ROTJ and the alleged Max Rebo leak :thumbup:

Then again, it looks decisively less polished than a lot of the other sets and as has been pointed out before, TLG is notoriously nonchalant about celebrating anniversaries :shrug_oh_well:

Exciting times either way!

Thinking about moulds for a potential Sail Barge, the only ones that are really needed would be new heads for J’Quille and Saelt-Marae, so certainly not too much for a large UCS set.

They’d also need to bring back a few moulds that have been out of production for close to a decade: Bib Fortuna’s Lekku, Leia’s hair, Lando’s helmet, Jabba, Max Rebo’s head, Ree-Yees’ head, and Salacious Crumb.