MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

are you buying tenoo jedi temple set?

First off, it's cool that you keep the discussion flowing and on-topic. It's weird when we have info gaps and there's no activity on the thread for days.

Definately not buying the tenoo set. It's meant for kids, so that's not an indication of it's quality (though the price is not great), but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone here who really gets the 4+ sets unless it's for their youngest children. (And completionists like @BrickBob Studpants who want new characters)

3 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

Surprisingly, though, and I completely will take the slander, I will be purchasing the mechs.  

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone here who really gets the 4+ sets unless it's for their youngest children. (And completionists like @BrickBob Studpants who want new characters)

I didbuy the 4+ snowspeeder AND TIE fighter, but in both cases it was for the minifigs first and foremost (Wedge and the Fleet Trooper, although the couple of imperials were a welcome addition) and in both cases there was some kind of discount on the already low price, so it was more like buying a slightly more expensive microfighter.
But no, the Tenoo set is not on my list, although I do like the characters it's not worth that price nor an interesting build/parts pack.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definately not buying the tenoo set. It's meant for kids, so that's not an indication of it's quality (though the price is not great), but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone here who really gets the 4+ sets unless it's for their youngest children.

I know you were talking about Star Wars specifically, but LEGO knew what they were doing getting adults to buy 4+ with the City barn set for all the animals (and probably the Incredibles 2 sets too). Tenoo is pretty cool with all the Minifigure parts, though I won't be getting it, but if they ever did like a 4+ Naboo Gungan Battle including a new Kaadu, I'd be there.

I got the set last week and I can recommend it :thumbup: Sure, there is not much to it, but it’s cute, the build is better than the previous 4+ SW sets, and the minifigs are great :classic:

11 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

I likely will at some point as the figs are pretty cool and even this semblance of a Jedi Temple is better than no Jedi Temple at all, but I won't rush to get it like with some of the August and September sets that I'm super eager for.

12 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

No way. It's overpriced, especially since it does not have any redeeming factors, including the minifigs. The characters seem like typical annoying, loud, conceited brats that are so prevalent in modern kids' media. I got better plans for my wallet (and my kids).

Not buying the Tenoo Temple myself, but seeing High Republic-era Jedi outfits in Lego form is simply wonderful. I’m sure we’ll get the Jedi Vector as a set at some point.

Also, I’ve said this before but it’s absolutely crazy that every minifigure in this set has a new mould, even Yoda! The set certainly justifies its price to an extent. I hope we get more minifigure moulds with the September wave. 

17 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

Unlikely. But if we get another High Republic set, I might try and Bricklink the minifigures from Tenoo, however much they end up being.

I might eventually get the Tenoo set on deep discount. The new molds and prints are nice and I don't know if we'll get anything else High Republic related anytime soon. Also, I've watched the show a bunch with my toddler and he absolutely loves it. 

Edited by ToaDraco

15 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I might eventually get the Tenoo set on deep discount. 

Deep discounts are unlikely given it’s a 4+ set - Atleast what has been seen recently with the AT-ST for example. 

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definately not buying the tenoo set. It's meant for kids, so that's not an indication of it's quality (though the price is not great), but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone here who really gets the 4+ sets unless it's for their youngest children. (And completionists like @BrickBob Studpants who want new characters)

I haven't got any of the other star wars 4+ sets but I'm tempted by this one, mostly for the fig parts but there are some cool prints too, and it is nice to get a jedi temple even if it ain't *the* jedi temple. I mean IMO this Yoda head fits better into the Lego design language than the current normal one.

All that said, I'm not buying it at full price, I don't want it that much. So if I can't find it 20% or more off I won't get it.

18 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Deep discounts are unlikely given it’s a 4+ set - Atleast what has been seen recently with the AT-ST for example. 

Saw the at-st at 25% off in Sainsbury's the other day, I still didn't get it though, all I wanted from it was the ewok.

18 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

Maybe! Getting new Jedi characters, one of which is an alien, is definitely a draw. Plus as others have said I'd love to see more cartoons or series relating to High Republic as more HR jedi robes or vectors would be really cool to see. I've purchased several 4+ sets before, mostly from Jurassic World, so I'll wait for a discount and see. 

I also really like the new Vader mech, I don't normally like mechs but it is compact and fun :grin:

15 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Surprisingly, though, and I completely will take the slander, I will be purchasing the mechs.  

Lol same. Just Boba's tho.

Just edited my advent calendar minifig list in the news topic, Christmas Sheev and endor Leia + b1 confirmed.

Edited by Agent Kallus

This is looking like a must-buy for me. Christmas Sheev is hilarious, and there are some fairly desirable/expensive figures I've been looking for like the 212th trooper (I don't have access to those magazines since I live in the US), Omega, and Endor Leia. Not to mention that we're getting fig-scaled canon builds like the ewok glider and STAP, which I'm very pleased to see.

53 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Just edited my advent calendar minifig list in the news topic, Christmas Sheev and endor Leia + b1 confirmed.

I guess the Sheev gives more credibility to the gunship. Unless we mean Emperor Palpatine version? Sheev to me means more prequel variety. 

23 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I guess the Sheev gives more credibility to the gunship. Unless we mean Emperor Palpatine version? Sheev to me means more prequel variety. 

Oh sorry for any confusion, it is emperor version, he's the same guy so I use it for either.

7 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Oh sorry for any confusion, it is emperor version, he's the same guy so I use it for either.

Fair enough, though you aren't wrong. Just how I see it. Thanks for addressing that!

I didn’t realise the battle pack had 2 troopers with jet packs on. Don’t know why but I like it a bit more now.

I might do what I have done for the past few years with the advent calendar and play chicken on Argos when it goes on clearance in December time. I think I’m still going to wait for a big sale for the Yavin set and maybe the star fighter. 

11 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I didn’t realise the battle pack had 2 troopers with jet packs on. Don’t know why but I like it a bit more now.

I might do what I have done for the past few years with the advent calendar and play chicken on Argos when it goes on clearance in December time. I think I’m still going to wait for a big sale for the Yavin set and maybe the star fighter. 

Getting blue jetpacks is really good as those can be used between any of the three 501st sets - great for mix and matching Clones IMO! 

I'm actually very excited for the Advent Calendar - I really want it just for Omega but minifigure-sized builds, a Clone Trooper and the Emperor with the newer hood piece are all more advantages. 

The advent calendar looks great - awesome minifigs, great selection of builds all round. Hyped for the STAP, Ewok glider, and command station.