MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The 332nd bp is the only one of these I'm going to eventually get but even then I can't believe it's $25.

Promobricks have said Lego have changed the price… to 21(not sure currency!) 

I might be completely wrong, but I think the Battle Droid (and the other you can just about see), is a new set. Why? 

1. unfamiliar box art 

2. Posture of Battle Droid (not attacking the vehicle, suggesting it’s a Seperatist vehicle) 

God, I am sad. 

14 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The 332nd bp is the only one of these I'm going to eventually get but even then I can't believe it's $25. That Swamp Speeder is small and not very good and theres a tiny turret thing made of like 4 pieces. How can they justify charging that much for this!? 

I thought that Promobricks said it would be $21. 🤔

15 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Yavin 4 just looks bad and for $160? Yeah, absolutely not.

What the megabluck??! 🤯
$160 is insane for what we are getting! $100-$120 was what I thought that it would be, which is reasonable! I am definitely only buying this steeply discounted, or just getting a few Minifigs off BrickLink! 

3 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I might be completely wrong, but I think the Battle Droid (and the other you can just about see), is a new set. Why? 

It's the AT-TE. WebWex posted better photos on insta

4 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

1. unfamiliar box art 

2. Posture of Battle Droid (not attacking the vehicle, suggesting it’s a Seperatist vehicle) 

God, I am sad. 

It is just the AT-TE (check @web_wex on Instagram for the full pages). 

I’m sorry but Leia sucks. (Hair piece looks bad,she should have flesh arms or better duel molded arms,also no cape) also people are saying Han might have a new hair piece?????

8D19987B-0FAE-4FE5-B69E-C336A9F26C44.jpeg

Edited by Legofan2001

11 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

I’m sorry but Leia sucks. (Hair piece looks bad,she should have flesh arms or better duel molded arms,also no cape) also people are saying Han might have a new hair piece?????

It doesn’t look like a new Han hair piece to me, but definitely a new torso. It’s nice to get the buttoned-up collared shirt that’s specific for this scene when they could have thrown in the regular Han. Speaking of regular Han, technically I think he’s actually ROTJ, since Han in ANH has a V-neck. Also, it looks like Han might have a new face print. His smile is closed-mouth, so it’s either a new print or the one from Solo. 

Getting Luke with the accurate dark tan hair color is nice, too.

EDIT: @web_wex on Instagram (hopefully I’m allowed to say that) has clearer images up of the minifigures. It definitely looks to be the Solo face for Han. I wonder if that will be the norm from now on. The medals look really good, though. 

Edited by Rwbricks

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

NO Honor Guards?! This was the ONE opportunity we had to get Rebel Honor Guards and Lego completely blew it😔

Yup... And the ground crew should NOT have the same helmet as the fleet trooper.

Edited by Graupensuppe

9 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Yup... And the ground crew should NOT have the same helmet as the fleet trooper.

At a MINIMUM they should’ve given him a white visor. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think the entire minifig list is there, no? 

Yup. The earlier images I saw cut off at the fleet trooper, so I thought there was potential for other figs to be included, but yeah, that's it. I still think it looks great, but for $170, yeah... I'll wait for discount. At the very least another of the ground crew and fleet trooper should have been included.

Man, was really looking forward to Yavin. If I get it, I'll definitely have to look for discounts lol. Overall, I'd say its an okay set; nothing great, nothing horrendous, just overpriced for what they're trying to sell. As for the 332nd BP, I also wish they made Vaughn more unique besides the visor...

Edited by Chazinski

At this point I think Yoda's Starfighter is the biggest waste of this entire wave. At least the mechs look somewhat nice and are a cheap way to get main characters, meanwhile you have this absurdly expensive starfighter for just Yoda and R2. I don't know why Lego didn't just remake the smaller Yoda vs Dooku duel from 2002 if they really wanted Yoda to be accessible. Even worse its a remake of a set that no one particularly cared for. 

2 minutes ago, Gontron said:

At this point I think Yoda's Starfighter is the biggest waste of this entire wave. At least the mechs look somewhat nice and are a cheap way to get main characters, meanwhile you have this absurdly expensive starfighter for just Yoda and R2. I don't know why Lego didn't just remake the smaller Yoda vs Dooku duel from 2002 if they really wanted Yoda to be accessible. Even worse its a remake of a set that no one particularly cared for. 

Couldn't have said it any better :thumbup:

Now, if they remade the Yoda vs Dooku set, I 100% would've bought it.

I don't like any of those sets, this year is truly horrible for Star Wars so far imo.

The Battle Pack is okay, but not for that price 

Yoda's Starfighter is an absolute waste of a set. It feels like a 20€ set tho, the 35€ price is unacceptable. 

Yavin looks like a 4+ set. That tree is laughable. The build feels empty and hollow. It looks like a 100€ set, 120€ at most, so the 170€ price makes it even worse.

13 minutes ago, Gontron said:

At this point I think Yoda's Starfighter is the biggest waste of this entire wave. At least the mechs look somewhat nice and are a cheap way to get main characters, meanwhile you have this absurdly expensive starfighter for just Yoda and R2.

Jedi starfighter sets should always include more minifigures than just one Jedi and one astromech. They could have included Darth Bane here, or a force priestess, or Sifo-Dyas...

Edited by Graupensuppe

Yavin is on my list however with the leaked picture and to the current price it is not enough. But leaked pictures never give an overall impression of the upcoming set. Therefore it might be still good enough for me. Lets wait and see.

The minifigs in the Yavin set aren’t mindblowing, but nice nonetheless (especially the helmets on Gold and Red leaders plus the recoloured CMF medals). The set itself doesn’t look bad, but it’s a tad too simple IMO for a set of that price. The BP is decent too, but the Yoda Starfighter is an even more pointless remake than I thought :laugh_hard:

All in all, pretty weak wave. Good thing there’s the Ahsoka wave (plus Gunship) in September! 

Yavin 4 is interesting.  I am not going to completely write it off yet.  Need to see some other views.  It looks like there is some more stuff on the other side that we cannot see yet.  Almost like a briefing room or something.  And I am guessing there may be some things in the top part of the pyramid as well.  10 figures isn't half bad.  And truth be told they all make sense.  The only thing I might have subbed out is Mon Mothma for Dondona.  Yes having only 1 fleet trooper is painful, but I don't think they would have given us anymore if they had gone to 12 figures.  Now that tree looks like something one of my kids would have come up with just using bricks we have lying around. (actually they might do better than that.)

The 332 battle pack while expensive looks nice.  Yoda's starfighter, I litterally had to go look at the one I have in my basement and compare it to see if there was any difference.  There isn't much.  

The battle pack and Yavin 4 are potential purchases.  The starfighter is not.  Unless i find it on sale and i really need a parts pack.  

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

I’m sorry but Leia sucks. (Hair piece looks bad,she should have flesh arms or better duel molded arms,also no cape) 

Yavin Leia is a bit tricky to make, since her "cape" (seen from the front) is actually a kind of open sleeves (seen from the back); the most accurate rendition would probably be a combination of dual-moulded arms (with some printing on the top half) and a weird new cloth element (which would probably need to wrap around the hands, or else it would fly out to the sides of the figure). Best case scenario, I think that we could have gotten a flesh-coloured slit printed on the arms, but the Minifig actually looks decent otherwise. 

I'm really just left wondering why that starfighter...like others have mentioned. It appears to be very nearly the same, I don't see anyone asking for it and there are plenty of others to be done or even re-made. Ahsoka ETA-2 would have been really cool among others...sure it is not a bad set but an odd choice. 

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

EDIT: @web_wex on Instagram (hopefully I’m allowed to say that) has clearer images up of the minifigures. It definitely looks to be the Solo face for Han. I wonder if that will be the norm from now on. The medals look really good, though. 

As long as you don't put a direct link you're good.

Just looked at the higher clarity pics of Yavin and C-3PO has arm printing. That's a great reprint to get, hopefully this also has the back-printed R2 (and for consistency back printing on R2-BHD, though that might be too much to hope for).

On 5/18/2023 at 1:29 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

16€ for a minifigure? You could buy four CMF minifigures for this, and they are entirely focused on minifigures. 

People are moaning about Boba because LEGO made fully new printing for him, only to base it on the ESB version, instead of making a RotJ one.

That’s not why people are moaning. The only moaning I’ve seen it’s because of cape.

but also I never said £16 for the Minifigures. I am counting the build too

7 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

That’s not why people are moaning. The only moaning I’ve seen it’s because of cape.

but also I never said £16 for the Minifigures. I am counting the build too

Speak for yourself. Him being the ESB version we've already had 3 times, rather than a RotJ version which we've never had with arm printing, is definitely a big thing that I'm annoyed about, though the missing cape and the insanely high price certainly don't help. 

Edited by CallumPears