MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Facts. What gets released is a mixture of relevance and haphazardness. Sets and figures that should get made often don't, and weird niche designs do get released. Necessary redesigns get ignored in favor of the trillionth X-Wing. The UCS series is one of the strongest sub-themes Lego has ever created, and now that the OT options are closing out, they'll begin to experiment and branch out. If that so happens to coincide with a system scale release, that's just a coincidence.

Patterns left after the "remake every 5 years" was killed (due to Disney and the new movies). For those of you confused by what I'm talking about, prior to 2014, iconic vehicles were often remade approximately once every five years: Once Disney's influx of new content happened, understandably this system vanished. Now whatever we get, we get whenever.

Exactly! There aren't any intentional patterns, just coincidences.

Oh, and wait, hold on. @Flawless Cowboy, doesn't the venator break your pattern argument? We haven't had one since 09.

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

wow, theres nothing to talk about other than the x-wing or gwp, but i purely just dont care about them because im not getting any

Yeah, the GWPs aren't anything special this year. I'm excited for that coin/death star plans one, though. I think it'll be interesting.

20 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

What a stupid, useless comment 

You're gonna get the mods on your back, man, be civil. (Also, did it occur to you that your comment is about as useless?)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anio said:

I can see you are struggling;

Here is a hint : the model is ugly.

Man, you sure can hold a grudge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Exactly! There aren't any intentional patterns, just coincidences.

Oh, and wait, hold on. @Flawless Cowboy, doesn't the venator break your pattern argument? We haven't had one since 09.

Yeah, the GWPs aren't anything special this year. I'm excited for that coin/death star plans one, though. I think it'll be interesting.

You're gonna get the mods on your back, man, be civil. (Also, did it occur to you that your comment is about as useless?)

A pattern doesn’t mean it has to follow an unbroken chain, it only has to recur enough to be noticeable. The point is, expensive play sets that sell very well like the razor crest and AT-AT can then receive the UCS treatment, covering both markets. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, just that it makes sense to happen, especially considering we just had an AT-TE release and Lego can gauge popularity of the vehicle to a certain extent.

And I’ll return the same civility I’m given. If someone says something stupid, it’ll be highlighted, no whataboutisms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

A pattern doesn’t mean it has to follow an unbroken chain, it only has to recur enough to be noticeable. The point is, expensive play sets that sell very well like the razor crest and AT-AT can then receive the UCS treatment, covering both markets. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, just that it makes sense to happen, especially considering we just had an AT-TE release and Lego can gauge popularity of the vehicle to a certain extent.

Hmm, that's fair. I definately wouldn't say the pattern is in any way evidence that a UCS AT-TE is coming, but I suppose you're right that if lego's confident enough in the AT-TE to put out a $140 set, they could hypothetically be confident enough to put out a UCS one.

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

And I’ll return the same civility I’m given. If someone says something stupid, it’ll be highlighted, no whataboutisms. 

I mean, it's not like he was insulting you, just stating his disinterest in the GWPs? There's no lack of civility to return.  But not up to me to decide, I guess.

 

In an effort to get back on something resembling the actual topic, what do you guys think of the recent GWP dispersal? This is the second year in a row it's gone micro-vehicle at $40, non-lego item at $80ish, and exclusive set at $150ish. I really like the fact that there's GWPs for multiple levels of purchases, and I also like that they're divided between non-lego things that wouldn't be sold in general, the mini vehicle polybags, and more interesting exclusive sets, even if the specific one we're getting this year for the highest GWP tier is rough IMO.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hmm, that's fair. I definately wouldn't say the pattern is in any way evidence that a UCS AT-TE is coming, but I suppose you're right that if lego's confident enough in the AT-TE to put out a $140 set, they could hypothetically be confident enough to put out a UCS one.

I mean, it's not like he was insulting you, just stating his disinterest in the GWPs? There's no lack of civility to return.  But not up to me to decide, I guess.

Thanks for seeing some validity in my vain hopes for another prequel set.

And I was more-so addressing the individual’s passive aggressive “boring and pointless arguments” comment which I don’t consider civil or constructive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In an effort to get back on something resembling the actual topic, what do you guys think of the recent GWP dispersal? This is the second year in a row it's gone micro-vehicle at $40, non-lego item at $80ish, and exclusive set at $150ish. I really like the fact that there's GWPs for multiple levels of purchases, and I also like that they're divided between non-lego things that wouldn't be sold in general, the mini vehicle polybags, and more interesting exclusive sets, even if the specific one we're getting this year for the highest GWP tier is rough IMO.

I definitely appreciate the new GWP structure. Although the lack of a figure in the set promo this year is very disappointing. Something like last year with the small build and a minifig is just perfect. 
 

I really like the Death Star plans this year, more than the Beskar keychain last year. That’s probably because a Beskar ingot isn’t really interesting to me, plus metal keychains with sharp edges like that are sort of unusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like that Death Star GWP. But I do think it was missed opportunity not to include someone like Moff Jerjerrod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

In an effort to get back on something resembling the actual topic, what do you guys think of the recent GWP dispersal? This is the second year in a row it's gone micro-vehicle at $40, non-lego item at $80ish, and exclusive set at $150ish. I really like the fact that there's GWPs for multiple levels of purchases, and I also like that they're divided between non-lego things that wouldn't be sold in general, the mini vehicle polybags, and more interesting exclusive sets, even if the specific one we're getting this year for the highest GWP tier is rough IMO.

I like the structure, even if the brick-built GWPs are fairly ho-hum this year. As someone who tends to buy LEGO in 2-3 big goes every year, being able to line it up to get multiple GWPs suits me perfectly (this extends beyond Star Wars as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a Coruscant Guard coloured gunship appeared in either Canon or Legends? I can't remember it appearing in the Clone Wars, even in the Season 5 "The Wrong Jedi" arc.

Apologies if this has already been asked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, samsz_3 said:

Has a Coruscant Guard coloured gunship appeared in either Canon or Legends? I can't remember it appearing in the Clone Wars, even in the Season 5 "The Wrong Jedi" arc.

Apologies if this has already been asked

Season 6, the Banking Clan Arc. The episode with Commander Thorn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

What a stupid, useless comment 

Thats why my name is goofster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Man, you sure can hold a grudge.

A grudge about what ?

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What specifically do you dislike about the design?

11 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Almost no one was or is complaining about the design of the actual set, if anything the only issue people had was that they wished they got a minifig-scaled version but that’s far too small to receive a UCS treatment

You guys need to get beyond Eurobricks and Instragram sometimes.

The side gates angle do not match the angle of the rear body which makes like a random MOC found on Brickshelf : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/26.JPG

Some gaps are filled in a way that is not even close to what a 4+ City product would achieve : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/25.JPG

The top of the side bay has some terrible stair effect. How hell that thing made it on the final product ? https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/28.JPG

The small yellow details next to the cockpit are stickers. They could totally be made out of bricks.

The "forhead" of the ship is plain ridiculous with 2 huge white 6x6 tiles. So much for the "UCS" label : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/29.JPG

The black stand is a joke (nothing to do with minifigs which I don't care much about)

The model is structurally weak. If you handle it, some parts will fall off inside the "big slope"

The 4L missile launchers are undersized. And worse,they lack details, textures.

The launchers cones are blocky AF, which is beyond terrible : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/39.JPG

The wings are huge but have virtually no details to offer. Just loooooong and big plates.

The greebling in the laser turret are hilarious. They are made of 7 parts ROFL : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/36.JPG

The only thing that is worth the UCS treatment is essentially the panels under the wings. They truly have a perfect adjustment : https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/37.JPG and https://www.techlug.fr/Images/Modele/75309/38.JPG

People are dazzled with 75309 because the Republic Gunship a beloved ship, and because 75309 is big.
But from a Lego perspective, it is quite a poor design, with very little details to offer and meh finish compared to its size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that instead of Mandalorian if fang fighter vs tie set was Axe Woves

I think Mandalorian starfighter can happen in nex year. 100$ price and bigger and different colours than previous. Its not too early for me

Edited by omegabadbatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Season 6, the Banking Clan Arc. The episode with Commander Thorn.

Ah thank you! Yes just scanned through that episode, now I know it's canon, it's on the wishlist with the Ghost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad TLG discontinued trans-neon-orange as that would have been perfect for Baylan and Shin‘s lightsabers. I’m aware 4L bars exist in that colour, but they‘re quite rare and I‘m a purist at heart, so nah. 

Instead, they‘ll probably introduce 4L bars in trans-orange, which is also quite nice. Unless they‘re lazy and just include regular old trans-red ones :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

What a stupid, useless comment 

 

10 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

And I was more-so addressing the individual’s passive aggressive “boring and pointless arguments” comment which I don’t consider civil or constructive. 

You're both not adding anything to the forum right now. The difference is @Goofster's comment was not directed at a specific person. It wasn't constructive. But it's not your job to call him out on it. That's a job for the Moderators. If you feel a post is out of place please use the "Report Post" option in the top right corner of the post.

55 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Nah bro took it personally, it ain't that deep bro.

Please keep comments directed more towards Lego and less toward specific people. @Anio is welcome to his opinion. He included links to back up his point of view which is a lot more than I can say for most of the rest of the posts in the past few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Old Master said:

I have kinda forgotten, which inquisitor is coming in the T-6?

The as of yet unknown one in the Ahsoka trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

 

You're both not adding anything to the forum right now. The difference is @Goofster's comment was not directed at a specific person. It wasn't constructive. But it's not your job to call him out on it. That's a job for the Moderators. If you feel a post is out of place please use the "Report Post" option in the top right corner of the post.

 

I was just letting others know that im still around if they care, there's just not much to talk about recently, idk how Flawless Cowboy considers that as passive aggressive, but aight, sorry if that's considered going off track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Master said:

I have kinda forgotten, which inquisitor is coming in the T-6?

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The as of yet unknown one in the Ahsoka trailer.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many more minifigures are you expecting in advent calendar? There are 4 rumored now: christmas ewok, 212 clone, omega, b1 battle droid

Edited by omegabadbatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

how many more minifigures are you expecting in advent calendar? There are 4 rumored: christmas ewok, 212 clone, omega, b 1 droid

I'm probably expecting more than we get, they are often disappointing but I'd guess another 2 or 3? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

how many more minifigures are you expecting in advent calendar? There are 4 rumored now: christmas ewok, 212 clone, omega, b1 battle droid

At least 5 minifigures + 1 droid, as always 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

At least 5 minifigures + 1 droid, as always 

I think someone from episode 6 should be like ewok. At st driver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.