MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

He was teleported into the future just to cut of Boba Fetts head trying to escape the Sarlacc and then the weakened Windu got eaten by human-eating Tusken Raiders... then I be happy

Hahaha, yeah... that's probably the only way that could work!

22 minutes ago, Goofster said:

I'd say lego learned from their previous mistake, that a-wing vs darth vader's tie fighter didn't sell well, i think the minifigure count has something to do with it, i'd say its either gonna be 5 minifigs: 3 good guys vs 2 bad guys or 6, 3 good guys vs 3 bad guys, also, most 100$ sets have 5 figs tbh.

We should compare with other 'vehicle-sets':

Jusitifier, €170 euro, 4,5 minifigures
Imperial Light Cruiser, €160, 6 Minifigures (incl baby Yoda) 
AT-AT, €160, 6 Minifigures
AT-TE, €140, 5 Minifigures, 3 droids
Inquisitor Scythe, €100, 4 Minifigures.
Ambush on Ferrix, €80, 3 Minifigures.

Unless the minifigures are front and center, due to a lack of vehicles, such as with the throne room set or the rumoured Yavin IV, I don't think we should be expecting that many minifigures. The only recent +- exception I can think of was the Bad Batch shuttle, which was €110 and had 5 minifigures. (But it was €10 more expensive, before recent inflation)

5 minutes ago, betaplayer said:

I don't think we should be expecting that many minifigures. The only recent +- exception I can think of was the Bad Batch shuttle, which was €110 and had 5 minifigures. (But it was €10 more expensive, before recent inflation)

You just named star wars only sets though.

I don't think there's really any rhyme or reason to how many minifigures we get with ships, it's pretty much all over the place.  The only real patterns seem to be that we tend to get at least two (regardless of the ship size), and that every "seat" can be filled (if there's two cockpit seats plus space for a droid, they'll provide enough to fit there, or if it's a ship + two speeders, there's enough to pilot everything at once).  But, the $40-50 X-Wing has four figures (two that you can directly interact with the ship, Luke and R2, and two side characters, Leia and Dodonna), while the $160 Justifier also has four figures plus Todo 360, even though the $160 Imperial Light Cruiser had 5 figures plus Grogu.  Then you've got the Grievous starship, which was $80 and came with three figures, despite being $20 less than the Bad Batch ship, that came with five figures plus Gonky.  

Point being, I think we can safely assume each ship will have one pilot, and it seems like a reasonable conjecture that the Fang Fighter will follow the pattern of the last two Gauntlet fighters that each had space for two figures in the cockpit, which would suggest a second Mandalorian figure.  Other than that, I feel like the best case is to expect three minifigures and be pleasantly surprised if we get more.

Although all speculation I think there will be 4. Trailers show the fang and interceptors battling over Mandalore in a quick scene. (different than previous depicted battle), trailers have also shown a brief glimpse of potential imperial red super commandos. I would bet be we get all mandos, maybe two red super commandos and two blue death watch commandos. Could almost be an army builder with vehicles! Maybe a named character on either side, but that depends on what eventually happens on the show. Maybe Axe or Koska return

What I would expect

• Tie Fighter Pilot
  • Mandalorian Pilot
  • The Mandalorian
  • Grogu
  • Moff Gideon

What I hope

• Tie Fighter Pilot
  • Mandalorian Pilot
  • Bo-Katan (saves me buying spider tank so i'm guessing we're not seeing her in this set
  • Moff Gideon
  • 2x Gideon troopers

59 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

sume each ship will have one pilot, and it seems like a reasonable conjecture that the Fang Fighter will follow the pattern of the last two Gauntlet fighters that each had space for two figures in the cockpit, 

The fang fighter is not a gauntlet fighter it only seats one.

I think we should get 7 figures, though more would be nice, I can't expect any more.

38 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Although all speculation I think there will be 4. Trailers

Untagged leaked spoilers why?

43 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Untagged leaked spoilers why?

Not really a spoiler since he only referenced what was in the trailer. And that's been out for more than a week :wink:

1 hour ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

What I would expect

• Tie Fighter Pilot
  • Mandalorian Pilot
  • The Mandalorian
  • Grogu
  • Moff Gideon

What I hope

• Tie Fighter Pilot
  • Mandalorian Pilot
  • Bo-Katan (saves me buying spider tank so i'm guessing we're not seeing her in this set
  • Moff Gideon
  • 2x Gideon troopers

I don't think we'll even get Mando or Grogu with that set tbh. I still stand by my original thought/feeling

8 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I don't think we'll even get Mando or Grogu with that set tbh. I still stand by my original thought/feeling

Have we ever gotten a mando set without him? I don't think so, they force him to be in every set, i don't think grogu will be in this one though

my guess is

-din

-weird mando guy man thing

-some cameo named character (please be fenn rau)

- 2 imperial mandos

- gustavo fring in his mando armor

God, please not Mando and Grogu again. They’re already in the Spider Tank and Microfighter sets, so I highly doubt they’ll be in the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor.

If we do get Gideon, I’d love it if Lego revisited his face print. The one we got in the Light Cruiser looks absolutely nothing like Giancarlo Esposito.

3 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Have we ever gotten a mando set without him? I don't think so, they force him to be in every set

Mando Battle Pack, Trexler Marauder, Dark Trooper Attack, Pirate Snub Fighter. Technically also Boba's throne room, since the scene depicted in the set is from the ending scene of Mando S2. 

5 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Gorian Shard? While we might get him and his flagship at some point, he is not going to appear in the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor set. 

56 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Not really a spoiler since he only referenced what was in the trailer. And that's been out for more than a week :wink:

edit ( thanks classic_spaceman)! Okay I was talking about the red imperial super commandos he said were in the trailer, because I didn't remember seeing them in the trailer but I realise I might have just missed it so I'll shut up now : [/Spoiler] 

Edited by Agent Kallus

7 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

If we do get Gideon, I’d love it if Lego revisited his face print. The one we got in the Light Cruiser looks absolutely nothing like Giancarlo Esposito.

Per leaks, Gideon 

Spoiler

will wear red-and-black Mando armour with a horned helmet (like Gar Saxon), 

so I can see him showing up in this set (especially since the official reveal is not until after the season finale). 

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not what I was referring to, I don't want to say it myself as I can't remember how to do spoilers on mobile. But something else not in the trailer and only mentioned in rumoured plot leaks.

Like this: [Spooler] Text [/Spooler] 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

7 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

God, please not Mando and Grogu again. They’re already in the Spider Tank and Microfighter sets, so I highly doubt they’ll be in the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor.

Yeah agreed, I doubt Din and Grogu are included in the TIE vs Fang.

14 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Have we ever gotten a mando set without him? I don't think so, they force him to be in every set, i don't think grogu will be in this one though

Yes actually. The Mando BP, Imperial Marauder, Luke vs Dark Troopers, Snub Fighter. 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Per leaks, Gideon 

Hide contents

will wear red-and-black Mando armour with a horned helmet (like Gar Saxon), 

Aw man fr? I imagined it more just...all black

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Mando Battle Pack, Trexler Marauder, Dark Trooper Attack, Pirate Snub Fighter. Technically also Boba's throne room, since the scene depicted in the set is from the ending scene of Mando S2. 

Gorian Shard? While we might get him and his flagship at some point, he is not going to appear in the Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor set. 

Thanks but no, not the sea weed monster man, im talking about the leaked mando, also if we are getting gideon, we're 100% getting din too since hes the hero and has to go up against the villain

6 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Aw man fr? I imagined it more just...all black

All that has been reported is 

Spoiler

that his visor will be red and his jetpack will be red-and-black, but I assume that the rest of his armour will have at least some red accents. 

4 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Thanks but no, not the sea weed monster man, im talking about the leaked mando

How does the leaked Mando look like Man-Thing?? 

25 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Actually...now that I've read them

Spoiler

Maybe a Praetorian guard comes with Gideon in the TIE vs Fang Fighter set? Apparently they'll be protecting him. So. 

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

How does the leaked Mando look like Man-Thing?? 

Didn't say it looked like man thing, i said "THE WEIRD MANDO "MAN" THING" not "THE WEIRD MANDO MANTHING"

because we arent even sure if thats the right head

3 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Actually...now that I've read them

Hide contents

Maybe a Praetorian guard comes with Gideon in the TIE vs Fang Fighter set? Apparently they'll be protecting him. So. 

More recent leaks indicate that 

Spoiler

his guards will be white Mando-Stormtrooper hybrids (basically MK.II Imperial Super Commandos), not Praetorians. 

5 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Didn't say it looked like man thing, i said "THE WEIRD MANDO "MAN" THING" not "THE WEIRD MANDO MANTHING"

because we arent even sure if thats the right head

Ah; I misunderstood. That said, we do know that the leaked Mando will be Male, since the helmet has a straight visor. 

4 hours ago, Goofster said:

You just named star wars only sets though.

Assumably because the fang fighter vs tie interceptor is also a SW set.

I mean look, we can speculate all day, but at the end of it the only two figs we can be reliably sure are in the set are the mandalorian loyalist and a TIE pilot.

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

also if we are getting gideon, we're 100% getting din too since hes the hero and has to go up against the villain

so by this logic every set that has a villain needs an accompanying hero?

Could people please be more careful in spoilering when discussing leaks from yet to be realeased shows/episodes. You’re making it difficult to keep up with Lego without being spoiled for something that isn’t even out yet. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean look, we can speculate all day, but at the end of it the only two figs we can be reliably sure are in the set are the mandalorian loyalist and a TIE pilot.

Not even that, since Gideon could be piloting the TIE. The Clan Kryze Mando is really the only guarantee. 

1 hour ago, EvanHnuel said:

so by this logic every set that has a villain needs an accompanying hero?

Most sets that are not army builders or single-figure mechs/Microfighters do tend to follow this pattern (some exceptions do exist, though; namely starfighters). 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not even that, since Gideon could be piloting the TIE. The Clan Kryze Mando is really the only guarantee. 

Looking back at the history of lego star wars sets, almost every tie had a random tie pilot figure included to it, even those piloted by an iconic character, for example: 75082, 75179. The only exception seems to be Darth Vader's private Tie advanced x2.

Edited by Nilker