MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

45 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Lego surely won’t be make a $650 prequel set any time soon, much less a Venator after the Star Destroyer just retired. Ghost, even less so, as of today, it’s only appeared in a children’s animated show. It took years of market saturation and praise for a live-action Mandalorian aimed towards a general audience for Lego to consider turning the Razor Crest into a UCS set, and by the time it came out the real ship was obliterated on screen. Death Star 2? Perhaps, although the price and piece count point towards a minifig-heavy set.

33 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

I think a Ghost is completely appropriate considering the Ahsoka show, coming late summer, will more than likely feature it since we know Hera will be a supporting character. Maybe not quite UCS yet I suppose, but the 1083pc mystery set could certainly be a re-worked play scale Ghost for $139.99.

My leading suspicion is still a new DS2. It is a big piece count increase from the 2005 one but techniques and detailing have certainly evolved and the old version is completely hollow. Perhaps there will be micro-scaled scenes that can be revealed by simply taking panels off kinda similar to the massive Hogwarts castle. I would like for some things to be minifig scale certainly but you can't really make the set bigger than the 2005 one so my guess is the extra pieces go into additional detailing and interior elements. 

I have to disagree with a UCS Ghost appearing anytime soon, a playscape Ghost is far more likely IMO it should be the $139.99 set. Even with the Ahsoka show coming there's no way Lego commits the $650 price point to a ship from an animated show that most SW fans would not have watched (I have and I would buy one but still majority & OT rules UCS). Also, UCS and sets in general are determined a year or two before their actual release so I doubt they could have timed it to release alongside the show since Ahsoka was meant to come out earlier this year but everything got pushed back. 

I do think the Venator however is on the table given the ISD's recent retirement and the set being $50 dollars cheaper than the ISD pushes me to think it could be a prequel. I could see DS2 with more details and maybe interior elements but I would think with inflation and the increase in piece count leads it to be a capital ship rather than a DS2. 

However, my number one guess is still an MBS set simply because it has been 3 years since the last one, and at the price point and piece count I could see a large Endor Bunker with Ewok Village for the Return of the Jedi 40-year anniversary. We've seen the ESTB get anniversary sets and the OT as a whole get them as well so I don't see why ROTJ wouldn't either. I know Lego doesn't officially do runs like Hasbro and some other toy companies but coinciding an Endor MBS with the 40-year anniversary just makes too much sense. 

Edit: Could also be an MBS Sail Barge or Jabba's Palace keeping with the ROTJ "anniversary" theme.  

Edited by kidtheboss611

39 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

I think a Ghost is completely appropriate considering the Ahsoka show, coming late summer, will more than likely feature it since we know Hera will be a supporting character. Maybe not quite UCS yet I suppose, but the 1083pc mystery set could certainly be a re-worked play scale Ghost for $139.99.

I don't think so cuz we're getting 2 Ahsoka sets, one of which is gonna have 1k pieces which I would assume would be the Ghost. The other smaller set is likely Ahsoka's T-6. But I'm open to surprises. Just doubt it.

Not sure what’s going on with that set.

That was not a Fangfighter and the blue Mandalorian that leaked makes no sense either. Maybe they combined two scenes together and the Interceptor is the only aspect of the set that’s based on this particular episode?

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hide contents

That was not a Fangfighter and the blue Mandalorian that leaked makes no sense either. Maybe they combined two scenes together and the Interceptor is the only aspect of the set that’s based on this particular episode?

Or....we haven't seen that scene yet. Possibly another dogfight scene later in the szn.

1 hour ago, EvanHnuel said:

My leading suspicion is still a new DS2. It is a big piece count increase from the 2005 one but techniques and detailing have certainly evolved and the old version is completely hollow. Perhaps there will be micro-scaled scenes that can be revealed by simply taking panels off kinda similar to the massive Hogwarts castle. I would like for some things to be minifig scale certainly but you can't really make the set bigger than the 2005 one so my guess is the extra pieces go into additional detailing and interior elements. 

EDIT: I do see your point however of a minifig heavy set...

The 1083 set will not be a ghost, it’s already bernés confirmed not be an Ahsoka set, still betting it’s a gunship or maybe it got cancelled

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, if that's the only continuous element, maybe it's just based on a different scene involving TIE interceptors. I assume they'll show up again.

53 minutes ago, Matichado said:

The 1083 set will not be a ghost, it’s already bernés confirmed not be an Ahsoka set, still betting it’s a gunship or maybe it got cancelled

1,083 pieces is far too low for a gunship in 2023. Lego builds, assuming a constant size, trend upwards in piece count, not downwards. 

49 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

1,083 pieces is far too low for a gunship in 2023. Lego builds, assuming a constant size, trend upwards in piece count, not downwards. 

Not a leak or anything, but Brick_Clicker did just reveal that 75357 is 1,394 pieces coming out on September 1st. Maybe there’s hope yet.

BrickClicker, who was the original source, is now backing the rumor that Jabba's Throne Room is cancelled. I know it was just a rumor, but Lego sucks so hard for that. 

16 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Not a leak or anything, but Brick_Clicker did just reveal that 75357 is 1,394 pieces coming out on September 1st. Maybe there’s hope yet.

Now that piece count would make a lot of sense. Fingers crossed!

Spoiler

How utterly stupid to say, based on 3/8 of the season that they must have both added a random mandalorian and got the ship's name wrong, when it could easily and more likelt be based off another scene. of course we'll see tie interceptors again, if the remenant has that many at thier dispoal why wouldn't we?

42 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

lifebricks is thinking that in swamp speeder is Luminara, Rex and b2 droids. Time: 6:55

he posted it on ig too link

I don’t understand how Luminara and P2 Rex go to together (honestly I hope that rumor is fake) I want P2 Rex but putting into a Swamp Speeder is stupid because this is literally our ONE chance to get a P2 Bly with 327th Troopers. 

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

I don’t understand how Luminara and P2 Rex go to together (honestly I hope that rumor is fake) I want P2 Rex but putting into a Swamp Speeder is stupid because this is literally our ONE chance to get a P2 Bly with 327th Troopers. 

You know if true, it wouldn’t be the first set to pair Luminara and Rex together, just saying.

Lego has gone insane this year first mechs,then botching the return of Indiana Jones,and now they’re cancelling the Jabba’s Throne Room like WTF?! 

Just now, FoggyFate said:

You know if true, it wouldn’t be the first set to pair Luminara and Rex together, just saying.

I forgot about the battle for geonosis set but at least that set did make sense with the show. P2 Rex never uses a Swamp Speeder and he never interacted with Luminara in P2 Armor. 

35 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

BrickClicker, who was the original source, is now backing the rumor that Jabba's Throne Room is cancelled. I know it was just a rumor, but Lego sucks so hard for that. 

He didn’t say “cancelled”, he suspected it may be moved to next year, whereas the language he used for the Temple of Doom set was a clear cancellation.

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Lego has gone insane this year first mechs,then botching the return of Indiana Jones,and now they’re cancelling the Jabba’s Throne Room like WTF?! 

I forgot about the battle for geonosis set but at least that set did make sense with the show. P2 Rex never uses a Swamp Speeder and he never interacted with Luminara in P2 Armor. 

And in the upcoming Mandalorian mech set we see Din wielding the dark saber, fighting the spider droid. Neither of these things happened. Remember that these are children’s sets first and foremost and lego will eschew screen accuracy if it means the set is “cool”. Kids and adults alike will buy it for Rex alone.

5 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

He didn’t say “cancelled”, he suspected it may be moved to next year, whereas the language he used for the Temple of Doom set was a clear cancellation.

And in the upcoming Mandalorian mech set we see Din wielding the dark saber, fighting the spider droid. Neither of these things happened. Remember that these are children’s sets first and foremost and lego will eschew screen accuracy if it means the set is “cool”. Kids and adults alike will buy it for Rex alone.

Okay well have a new Anakin be the Jedi included in that case (Lego has only made ONE ROTS/TCW Anakin That has a neutral face print and that came in Palpatine’s arrest) literally everyother anakin either has a Headset Print,Sith Eyes,or has the old TCW design. 

31 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Hide contents

How utterly stupid to say, based on 3/8 of the season that they must have both added a random mandalorian and got the ship's name wrong, when it could easily and more likelt be based off another scene. of course we'll see tie interceptors again, if the remenant has that many at thier dispoal why wouldn't we?

Yeah, I agree.  I think it's gotta be coming later.  Also, it doesn't make sense to release another Mandalorian Starfighter when the old one retired about three months ago.  

If anything, that's further proof that they didn't screw up the name, because they literally JUST released a Mandalorian Starfighter under the correct name.  There's definitely going to be another confrontation with Imperial ships, since they're not going to just leave that plot thread hanging, and it'll probably involve more Mandalorians, now that Bo-Katan is allied (at least for now) with Din's group.  

45 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

But now there is word that Temple of Doom is set for August and was delayed due to structural issues with the rails. MandR said a source informed it was in Target's database for August. 

1 hour ago, omegabadbatch said:

lifebricks is thinking that in swamp speeder is Luminara, Rex and b2 droids. Time: 6:55

he posted it on ig too link

I've seen this floating around for a bit in the forum since lifebricks first started talking about that theory in his videos, but to be clear, there hasn't been any evidence of it whatsoever other than a known troll introducing the ×2 B2s idea when the original set name leaked.

As far as I can tell, lifebricks doesn't have any special sources for this set and is going off Instagram rumors (many of which have been proven false recently), so I wouldn't take his word as a reliable source.

2 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

But now there is word that Temple of Doom is set for August and was delayed due to structural issues with the rails. MandR said a source informed it was in Target's database for August. 

MandR said to take that info with a grain of salt, we’ll have to wait and see. The fact that the remaining sets based on the new movie were also cancelled is not a good sign for the theme. 

Just now, Flawless Cowboy said:

MandR said to take that info with a grain of salt, we’ll have to wait and see. The fact that the remaining sets based on the new movie were also cancelled is not a good sign for the theme. 

Yeah i feel, but the three they gave us are really good, especially the Golden Idol. All priced phenomenally, too. Alright that's enough Indy on the SW thread lol.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

True. I just assumed the final Mando set was going to be revealed next Tuesday, but if it isn't, then of course it could be based on another episode :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

So technically this would be considered the largest flagship summer set right? Even if it’s a September release. 

I’m hoping it’s something fantastic. The Republic Gunship, Stinger Mantis, or even the Ghost would be a great set at that piece count. Certainly looks like the real heavy hitters of the summer will be reaching us in September with a few highlights in August. 

I know none of the usual reliable leakers have confirmed it yet, but I’m feeling optimistic about how frequently these Captain Rex rumours are occurring for the Swamp Speeder. Given the price point and piece count, it definitely strikes me as a low effort set that will still sell because of stellar minifigures. Still wish we’d have gotten a 501st Y-Wing at some point.

Shame about Jabba’s Diorama though, I’m picturing that Oprah meme, just replace ‘car’ with ‘delayed / cancelled’.

Edited by Kaijumeister

56 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

I've seen this floating around for a bit in the forum since lifebricks first started talking about that theory in his videos, but to be clear, there hasn't been any evidence of it whatsoever other than a known troll introducing the ×2 B2s idea when the original set name leaked.

As far as I can tell, lifebricks doesn't have any special sources for this set and is going off Instagram rumors (many of which have been proven false recently), so I wouldn't take his word as a reliable source.

I feel like in general, 99% of Instagram or YouTube "leakers" aren't reliable sources at all.  There are individuals that have gotten things right in the past, and then been completely off the mark on stuff later on.  Then there's the people who just repost/re-report rumors from IG/Eurobricks, and then it becomes a game of telephone where Eurobricks/IG then takes that as "fact" and suddenly in six months, when a set doesn't include Clone Commander Poop, everyone is confused about where that idea came from in the first place.

To be honest, there's a little over a handful of people/accounts with insider information that I think you can actually trust to be accurate and not just making BS up for the sake of clicks, and pretty much all of them reside on EB.  Granted, I know there's a few people who typically only report on SW stuff, which is the only theme I really follow leaks for anyway, so not sure outside of SW.

Edited by Kit Figsto