MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks! Wow, that sounds pretty neat!

That’s just a joke list :tongue: Check out the 2023 News thread for the real one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks! Wow, that sounds pretty neat!

Yeah fingers crossed there’s a few new moulds, personally I am really excited for the Jar Jar set. Imagine that at the entrance to my house! 

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s just a joke list :tongue: Check out the 2023 News thread for the real one

Scandalous, not having this defamation of character 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s just a joke list :tongue: Check out the 2023 News thread for the real one

Geez, thanks for letting me know!

58 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Scandalous, not having this defamation of character 

!00% agreed with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s just a joke list :tongue: Check out the 2023 News thread for the real one

How dare you gaslight this poor fellow about the definately true info @ArrowBricks found. Next thing we know you'll be telling us there's a TIE bomber coming after all, like some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I heard, we were unsure if LEGO was doing any minifigure packs for 2023. Is that still the case? I'm hoping they take the opportunity to make them both Andor sets and give us

Spoiler

some Pre-Mor employees in one and some of the other characters like Bix, Timm, Brasso, and Maarva in another.

 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How dare you gaslight this poor fellow about the definately true info @ArrowBricks found. Next thing we know you'll be telling us there's a TIE bomber coming after all, like some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist!

Normally I try not to be annoying about correcting mistakes, but this is about the 6th time you've misspelt "definitely", and my brain's built-in spellcheck is now holding me at gunpoint to make me write this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Last I heard, we were unsure if LEGO was doing any minifigure packs for 2023. Is that still the case? I'm hoping they take the opportunity to make them both Andor sets and give us

Normally I try not to be annoying about correcting mistakes, but this is about the 6th time you've misspelt "definitely", and my brain's built-in spellcheck is now holding me at gunpoint to make me write this.

We still don't know, but if they are coming there's no way either of them are andor.

Weird, my autocorrect doesn't notice it. I must have spelled it wrong so many times it gave up. Hope your brain's spellcheck doesn't pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one am greatly looking forward to the Jar Jar bust. 

 

As for some actual discussion, how expensive do you think the set that Rex ends up coming in is going to be? I really would like to get him and he seems pretty likely for next year since we're getting the 501st BP and already have the new helmet mold. My main worry is that he'll be locked to a mediocre $100+ set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

How dare you gaslight this poor fellow about the definately true info @ArrowBricks found. Next thing we know you'll be telling us there's a TIE bomber coming after all, like some sort of crazy conspiracy theorist!

charlie-conspiracy-always-sunny-in-phili
 

Looking forward to that Jar-Jar bust :tongue:

Actually, I would unironically buy that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Actually, I would unironically buy that

Would look horrifically terrifying I imagine…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looking forward to that Jar-Jar bust :tongue:

Actually, I would unironically buy that

This would honestly be a set that's so hilarious that a lot of people would buy it.

Same with the Morbius one — I haven't bought a comicbook-based set since 2018, and I'm seriously considering buying the Automorbile, just because of the memes and how ridiculous it sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same with the Morbius one — I haven't bought a comicbook-based set since 2018, and I'm seriously considering buying the Automorbile, just because of the memes and how ridiculous it sounds.

It's only $25, I think I'm gonna have to buy it. I mean, it's Morbius.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

 

why'd you post an image of luigi?

11 hours ago, Meadius said:

As for some actual discussion, how expensive do you think the set that Rex ends up coming in is going to be? I really would like to get him and he seems pretty likely for next year since we're getting the 501st BP and already have the new helmet mold. My main worry is that he'll be locked to a mediocre $100+ set.

I would assume he'll be in a 2HY set if he appears at all this year, since none of the 1HY sets we know about would fit him and I can't see them putting him in a microfighter. As for the cost, I have no idea. I suppose the good news would be that if he IS in a $100+ set, the only thing I could see it being would be a Venator or Gunship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's only $25, I think I'm gonna have to buy it. I mean, it's Morbius.

Same. If it was 50€, I'd save it for some more interesting sets, but come on, Morbius with an Automorbile for 25€? That sounds so hilarious that I have to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would assume he'll be in a 2HY set if he appears at all this year, since none of the 1HY sets we know about would fit him and I can't see them putting him in a microfighter. As for the cost, I have no idea. I suppose the good news would be that if he IS in a $100+ set, the only thing I could see it being would be a Venator or Gunship.

You assume, they won't try to get 120$ for a Y-Wing?

To be fair I assume he will come in some sort of overly expensive speeder like the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mon-o-mat said:

You assume, they won't try to get 120$ for a Y-Wing?

To be fair I assume he will come in some sort of overly expensive speeder like the last one.

That'd be a 100% price increase since 2017. I know inflation and lego's prices are bad, but not nearly THAT bad.

My guess is either a new venator or Laat, in the same way Cody was in the AT-TE. Something cheap is possible, but lego knows how big of a draw P2 Rex would be to any set.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same. If it was 50€, I'd save it for some more interesting sets, but come on, Morbius with an Automorbile for 25€? That sounds so hilarious that I have to get it.

I'm not sure whether I'd rather have it have a front that looks like Morbius's face, or a 1:1 remake of his car from the post-credits scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not sure whether I'd rather have it have a front that looks like Morbius's face, or a 1:1 remake of his car from the post-credits scene.

I'd take the most ridiculous, hilarious version they could make.

Obviously license plates with 'M0RB1US 4EVER' are a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll get any especially large prequel/CW sets next summer. There are certainly more expensive sets than there used to be, but I feel like the combination of new shows coming out in 2023 and the fact that we just got a big prequel set this year doesn't exactly make it seem likely to me that we'll see anything huge on that front next year. The only thing I could maybe see is a new Gunship, but I think Lego might wait until that's out of circulation before they do a new minifigure scale one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Meadius said:

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how likely it is that we'll get any especially large prequel/CW sets next summer. There are certainly more expensive sets than there used to be, but I feel like the combination of new shows coming out in 2023 and the fact that we just got a big prequel set this year doesn't exactly make it seem likely to me that we'll see anything huge on that front next year. The only thing I could maybe see is a new Gunship, but I think Lego might wait until that's out of circulation before they do a new minifigure scale one.

I think you’re correct, somewhat.

I still think a Gunship will be released; Lego has seen first hand how well Republic prequel sets sell in this day. 

I can’t see why sets based on that era would slow down - look how obscure they’re becoming (Fighter Tank) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think you’re correct, somewhat.

I still think a Gunship will be released; Lego has seen first hand how well Republic prequel sets sell in this day. 

I can’t see why sets based on that era would slow down - look how obscure they’re becoming (Fighter Tank) 

I totally agree with the wider sentiment, including that we'll probably see another large republic vehicle this summer, but to be fair, the fighter tank has had 3 models already. For whatever reason (probably that it's one of the few republic vehicles to hit that price point), lego just likes making them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I totally agree with the wider sentiment, including that we'll probably see another large republic vehicle this summer, but to be fair, the fighter tank has had 3 models already. For whatever reason (probably that it's one of the few republic vehicles to hit that price point), lego just likes making them.

I think your right on that point it’s got the snowspeeder curse. V-wing and Jedi starfighters and various cis droid ships are about the only other sets that small. They tried to sell the Aat at that price (2015 not 2020) and while I liked it I think many felt it was too chibi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think your right on that point it’s got the snowspeeder curse. V-wing and Jedi starfighters and various cis droid ships are about the only other sets that small. They tried to sell the Aat at that price (2015 not 2020) and while I liked it I think many felt it was too chibi.

I mean there's also the Swamp Speeder but that's probably more obscure at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I totally agree with the wider sentiment, including that we'll probably see another large republic vehicle this summer, but to be fair, the fighter tank has had 3 models already. For whatever reason (probably that it's one of the few republic vehicles to hit that price point), lego just likes making them.

I didn’t clarify. I think the minifigure selection was obscure, though. Absolutely zero need to release those figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I didn’t clarify. I think the minifigure selection was obscure, though. Absolutely zero need to release those figures. 

Ah. You're definately correct there, that choice was baffling. So many great legions we haven't had since they used cut-out visors, and they go with the troopers from battlefront 2005. Not complaining a ton, as I'm sure we'll get more and more legions since lego is seeing the demand for clones, but I definately would have bought multiple copies if it was coruscant guard or 327th star corps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah. You're definately correct there, that choice was baffling. So many great legions we haven't had since they used cut-out visors, and they go with the troopers from battlefront 2005.

The only phase II clone trooper types we've had at all in Lego form from Battlefront II 2005 are the basic 501st trooper and the ARC-170 pilot, are you thinking of a mod for that game instead? The rest of the phase II troopers from that game would be less obscure choices than the purple 187th clones from the recent fighter tank given how popular that game was, whereas the 187th were originally created by hasbro as 3.75" action figures and never appeared in any media with that design at all, though they did appear as merchandise a couple more times. I reckon Lego chose them for the Fighter Tank because they already wanted Mace Windu in the set (presumably as an alternative to his UCS gunship appearance, though of course the figures are slightly different) and then tried to find unique clones that would fit with him (and then picked the old purple hasbro design instead of his clones from CW S7 on Anaxes)

A set with the real original Battlefront II 2005 phase II clones would have been neat, and in a way perhaps better if the upcoming battlepack was based on them instead of the BF2 2017 501st, as then we could have potentially gotten some still missing Ep3 designs (Galactic Marine and an almost-Bacara) and some neat designs that were based on unused Ep3 concept art as well (Blue Airborne, the Jet Trooper who was an Appo/Gree concept, and the Engineer who was based on the concept for Commander Faie and his troops). But that would never happen - they were a strange collection of designs back then and they'd still be strange now (Galactic Marines acting as Clone Commanders fighting as part of the 501st was always a bit weird. The devs were mainly working off concept art during development to be fair though, and the concept of clone legions at all was still new). The troopers in the upcoming EA Battlefront II 2017 based 501st battlepack work a lot better as a group, even if the exact designs of the troopers is still pretty obscure given they're from class skins that were only released in-game well after the game launched.

Edited by Sabre-aN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sabre-aN said:

The only phase II clone trooper types we've had at all in Lego form from Battlefront II 2005 are the basic 501st trooper and the ARC-170 pilot, are you thinking of a mod for that game instead?

must have been a mod. I swear I've made this exact mistake before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

must have been a mod. I swear I've made this exact mistake before.

Ha no worries, that game has had loads of mods made for it over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.