MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 hours ago, Duke27 said:

is not Republic fighter tank Target exclusive? 

potato, potato.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh yeah, can't wait. Hopefully we'll get something good.

Crossing my fingers for another Andor set — I think it might become my favourite Star Wars project, the trailers are incredible, and have blown me away, but I sure as hell ain't buying that overpriced set. (Especially since it's not available in retailers in my country, so I can't get a nice discount.)

I still think it's a shame we didn't get Luthen's ship or that Arrestor cruiser.

11 minutes ago, elfprince13 said:

I still think it's a shame we didn't get Luthen's ship or that Arrestor cruiser.

Fingers crossed for season 2.

3 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Fondor would be such a great original vehicle to get. 

I'm always perplexed by the choices Lego makes in what to productize from any given installment of Star Wars.

2 minutes ago, elfprince13 said:

I'm always perplexed by the choices Lego makes in what to productize from any given installment of Star Wars.

I honestly would get a Fondor UCS. It is something unique and feels like it fits in with the media well. Doubt it will happen but I just really liked the design and what we saw, what can I say. 

5 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I honestly would get a Fondor UCS. It is something unique and feels like it fits in with the media well. Doubt it will happen but I just really liked the design and what we saw, what can I say. 

100% agree

1 hour ago, elfprince13 said:

I'll take literally anything, I'm desperate for more Andor content.

jedi bricks( same person who said that thrawn star destroyer is coming this year) said that he will have shock troopers images in 3 weeks

or all gunship images. Not only shock troopers

8 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

jedi bricks( same person who said that thrawn star destroyer is coming this year) said [...]

...can we stop giving attention to these wannabe leakers? :tongue:

2 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

I think after the mixed reception to Rebels initially and stuff like Rise of Skywalker and Last Jedi not doing so well, they've been more cautious unless they know it's something of particular importance or popularity, hence why we don't see many sets for Andor, but we do see more for a well established and desired set of characters like Ahsoka and the Rebels crew (now). If Andor was more popular, I'm sure it would get more sets, but it's still a mixed reception show, and the set they did make didn't seem to do well, so we'll see. 

There's also the factor of amount of other sets to produce at varying price points, as well as what concept art they even get. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

...can we stop giving attention to these wannabe leakers? :tongue:

100% agree. People post things on the internet all the time. Being able to discern some of the truth from all of the garbage...

51 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I think after the mixed reception to Rebels initially and stuff like Rise of Skywalker and Last Jedi not doing so well, they've been more cautious unless they know it's something of particular importance or popularity, hence why we don't see many sets for Andor, but we do see more for a well established and desired set of characters like Ahsoka and the Rebels crew (now). If Andor was more popular, I'm sure it would get more sets, but it's still a mixed reception show, and the set they did make didn't seem to do well, so we'll see. 

There's also the factor of amount of other sets to produce at varying price points, as well as what concept art they even get. 

The Ghost / Phantom / Phantom II + Captain Rex's AT-TE combo of Lego sets were phenomenal, and the Rebel Combat Frigate even docks correctly with the microfighter Ghost. That was a fantastic era of sets, I had no idea they were poorly received. I literally can't even remember a single Last Jedi set *or* Rise of Skywalker set. I have sequel era X-Wing and Y-Wing, but like...I don't even know which movies those were associated with, and none of the other sets made any kind of impression at all.

1 hour ago, elfprince13 said:

The Ghost / Phantom / Phantom II + Captain Rex's AT-TE combo of Lego sets were phenomenal, and the Rebel Combat Frigate even docks correctly with the microfighter Ghost. That was a fantastic era of sets, I had no idea they were poorly received. I literally can't even remember a single Last Jedi set *or* Rise of Skywalker set. I have sequel era X-Wing and Y-Wing, but like...I don't even know which movies those were associated with, and none of the other sets made any kind of impression at all.

The Ghost may have sold ok and the phantoms, but many of the the other Rebel's sets were not the best choices. Wookiee Gunship and the jumbo speeder bikes and the Gozanti for sure were shelf warmers.

I'd argue that Kylo Ren's Shuttle (the second time thay made it) was one of the slickest things out of the sequel trilogy and fairly memorable.

6 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

jedi bricks( same person who said that thrawn star destroyer is coming this year) said that he will have shock troopers images in 3 weeks

Don't buy it

5 hours ago, Archer said:

but many of the the other Rebel's sets were not the best choices. Wookiee Gunship and the jumbo speeder bikes and the Gozanti for sure were shelf warmers.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at earlier when I said I was perplexed by their choices. But maybe it's like @NoOneOfImportance said and it just comes down to what concept art LFL gives them ahead of time.

9 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

I mean they probably didn’t have the design of the Fondor ahead of time enough to have it come out along Season 1. Now if they don’t release a Fondor set alongside Season 2, then some complaining is warranted.

I mean we saw all the sets they had lined up for Bad Batch season 2... So I'm not expecting anything for Andor season 2 at all.

On 5/25/2023 at 11:30 AM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Do we know for sure that Ahsoka’s not getting a new mold? That would be a real shame as in my experience the rubber head tail prints scratch very easily 

The Reddit user who confirmed a few of the summer wave details indicated it’s the same mould with new printing. Hoping that was inaccurate though!

@Fulcrumfan91 Definitely! Heck, even Obi-Wan in the Delta-7 set from last year included both a hair and hood piece, which I thought was really cool of Lego to do.

I loved Andor as a show, but I also get why Lego didn't prioritize it for their product line, as it's very clearly more adult focused and doesn't lend itself as easily to playsets.

That being said, I'd expect 1-3 more sets for Season 2 next year, given the show's popularity and number of characters. The Fondor in playscale is definitely a possibility.

59 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

I loved Andor as a show, but I also get why Lego didn't prioritize it for their product line, as it's very clearly more adult focused and doesn't lend itself as easily to playsets.

That being said, I'd expect 1-3 more sets for Season 2 next year, given the show's popularity and number of characters. The Fondor in playscale is definitely a possibility.

This is 100% correct. The show is widely considered the best (on a critical level at least) SW product since the disney buyout, but it's not exactly by lego's target audience (The first scene takes place in a brothel for pete's sake.)

That said, I could easily see a Fondor coming as a larger set that tries to lean into the adult market.

I haven't been in this forum in ages I feel like I'm visiting another country when I come here. Just wanted to drop by and say I have mixed feelings on no exclusive May the 4th figure this year. I LOVED Aunt Beru last year. Adored her inclusion. I was really hoping to get something this year. Sure Darth Raven and the Episode 1 droids from a decade ago were really expensive on the aftermarket and a source of frustration for those who missed out but does that really mean we should get no more exclusive May 4th figures? I guess it's just funny they release these great figures when I can't buy them and when I'm avidly collecting excited for an exclusive to splurge on they don't release one. But hey at least I didn't shell $150 on Star Wars this month (maybe next month lol)

On 5/24/2023 at 9:54 PM, AD_Bricks said:

In Australia we don't have retail-exclusives at all. Like, we'll hear "oh, x new set is an Amazon exclusive" and that literally means nothing for us. It goes everywhere anyway. The only exclusives are LEGO exclusives like the minifig packs as well as UCS sets briefly. However, in regards to the specific example of the Republic Fighter Tank, I've seen it out in the wild maybe once or twice ever.

I think the US&UK are more the exceptions here, most countries what I have experience dont have other than lego store exclusives.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:26 PM, elfprince13 said:

I think the problem with anything Luthen related that we get a reprisal of him as a minifigure. I be suprised if they release more than maximum 1 more Andor set and then I think we need new figures, to at least get some of the most important characters.

10 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Definitely! Heck, even Obi-Wan in the Delta-7 set from last year included both a hair and hood piece, which I thought was really cool of Lego to do.

I do hope so! The figures already sound delightful, the hood would just be the cherry on top. I'm hoping it fits at least 3 of the figures and that the land/fly function is implemented as well. This has the potential to be my personal fave set. 

On that note, any guesses as to when we will get official images of the summer sets? Im already assuming Ahsoka stuff is likely gonna get leaked or revealed in August at this point.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I think the US&UK are more the exceptions here, most countries what I have experience dont have other than lego store exclusives.

I suspected as much. All the better for us, then!