MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Ye man, my guys have said! 

To be honest I’ve had egg on my face once this year already with the April 1st leaks, so who knows

As nice as that would be, I feel like at least one other person would have mentioned that before now, no?

1 hour ago, 1340cc said:

Hope not, $100 seems too small to do the Ghost justice

IIRC it was $90 back in 2014, or $115 today (meaning with price increases lego would sell it for $130-140). If they're selling it for $100, you'd be 100% right. Forget getting any interior past the cockpit, we'd be lucky to fit the full ghost crew in the ship at all!

But I'm pretty sure the leak is fake. No one else has mentioned it, and I've never heard of this guy before. Has anyone else?

Sounds fake. There’s no set number unaccounted for and I doubt that one would appear out of nowhere.

While there have been weird leaks from new sources this year and we all had to eat humble pie on multiple occasions, I still don’t believe just any random stuff :grin:

Does anyone know when the winners of the vip sweepstakes for the star destroyer are announced ?

15 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

this dude is saying that ghost is not 130$ but 100$ and that 130$ set is thrawn star destoroyer

Don't believe that guy all his content is clickbait

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't include photos or vidoes in your quote. It takes up server space.

3 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

I hope r2d2 in yoda starfighter will have back print

We can only hope. I too would like to see that. 

4 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

I hope r2d2 in yoda starfighter will have back print

I really don't care about that. As long as he's recognizable as R2 it's fine by me.

On 5/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, omegabadbatch said:

this dude is saying that ghost is not 130$ but 100$ and that 130$ set is thrawn star destoroyer

Eeeeh I don't buy it. This person seems to have a lot of click-bait vids and hasn't been around that long either. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong, but, I will say that if that's true, the Ghost is gonna be very undersized and that kinda sucks.

The mechs themselves are LEGO’s mechs. If you like them, you’ll like these. If not, these probably won’t be appealing. It’s good to be able to get (relatively) cheap options for these minifigures, though. I’m still not 100% sure about the new Stormtrooper, but Boba looks great. I’ll be intrigued to see how this minifigure affects the insane prices of the other OT Bobas with arm printing. 

Wow they really went and put such a fantastic Boba in a mech set. Kudos.

But wow these kind of suck otherwise. They almost look like something someone made at home. The colours and random pieces used for detail are all over the place.

The only interesting thing is how chunky they made Boba's and Stormie's, but for the price, messy designs and complete lack of connection with the actual Star Wars universe, these are bad.

Of all of the small gimmick types of things - minis, planet sets with minis, microfighters - these have the least connection with Star Wars by far. They might be fun for kids to play with, but they had to be baseline $10 - not $16!!

Hmm. Of all these styles of mech these are definitely my favorite, but still don't plan on buying any, especially at $16. $10 would tempt me, but I'm not the target market I guess.

I know there are a lot of people who are angry and hating on these mechs but I can't help but laugh at how silly they are. I'm going to have to get the Boba Fett one. I will say they are all weirdly chunky. They absolutely did not need to be $16, they easily could have been $10 and shaved down the piece count.

Edited by ToaDraco

Looks like the boba in the mech has different printing than the UCS/Cloud City Bobas. But it looks just as good, if not better. Collectors still keep an exclusive figure and everyone now has access to a cheap and excellent looking boba, win/win

I forgot these were $16. Weren’t the original Marvel mechs only $8? Twice the price, double the, uh, price, I guess. 

21 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

They absolutely did not need to be $16, they easily could have been $10 and shaved down the piece count.

You're looking at it the wrong way. LEGO has just hiked the price "because price hikes". They absolutely could give us the same amount of pieces for less money, not shave off pieces in order to charge less.

Huh. I did not expect to actuallt kijd of like these mech sets? For what they’re trying to be, they’re dumb, but they have potential. 
Can anyone confirm if the Darth Vader figure in the mech is the version with arm printing? I haven’t been able to find an image of him outside the mech. If it is I might just get that one, maybe.

Also tempted to get two of the Stormtrooper Mechs to mod and add to my sci-fi army . .

These are... REALLY bad. I'm not sure why I expected them all to be as if they were large versions of the characters, but... Boba's is the only one that seems to be? Vader's has the weird red accents and the stormtrooper one is weirdly bulky and obviously has the imperial logo on the chest. 

Not that it would have made them better, it's just a weird decision to me that Boba's looks like an extension of the character, stormtrooper is meant to look like a mech, and Vader's is a weird in between.

All in all, I hate these conceptually and think that they're stupid, and even then I don't believe they were executed well. That said, I can see Vader's doing well as it's a cheap way to get him. Boba's will probably enjoy success among AFOLS, but for kids, they're cannibalizing the sales of their slave 1 microfighter. One of the two sets is going to sell very poorly.

21 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Huh. I did not expect to actuallt kijd of like these mech sets? For what they’re trying to be, they’re dumb, but they have potential. 
Can anyone confirm if the Darth Vader figure in the mech is the version with arm printing? I haven’t been able to find an image of him outside the mech. If it is I might just get that one, maybe.

Also tempted to get two of the Stormtrooper Mechs to mod and add to my sci-fi army . .

Vader does have arm printing. FalconFan has some images with him out of the mech. 

1 hour ago, Rwbricks said:

I forgot these were $16. Weren’t the original Marvel mechs only $8? Twice the price, double the, uh, price, I guess. 

The Marvel mechs are $15, not $8.