MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

58 minutes ago, Koaleu said:

If he really doesn't have pupils then LEGO is downgrading badly. The sith eyes we've been getting up to now were perfect

Probably to make them look more cartoony tbh

52 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

At least it could potentially be used for TROS custom figs of Palpy (?)

Indeed! This looks much more like the TROS version of The Senate, which is greatly appreciated. If we can‘t have the real deal, this is a close enough approximation :thumbup:

Spoilers for mando season 3 episode 5:

so about us getting a gorian shard ship set, maybe? It could happen but eh, if they did it would have: gorian shard, din , paz, pirates and unnamed mandos?

anyway those last 2 minutes were somehow better than the full episode, gideon is finally back, i thought we were gonna get death troopers at first lol!

real question is, which clan saved moff gideon? Since hes rumored to have gar saxon like armor, maybe the mauldorians still exist somehow? Maybe the imperial mandos? Sabine's mom?

Edited by Goofster

PLEASE, PLEASE, avoid spoilers for this week's Mando episode. If you must talk about it (and I must!) then use spoiler tags. If you're on a desktop the eye symbol will auto add the spoiler tags for you. If you're on mobile use < spoiler > < /spoiler > tags (without spaces).

Spoiler

I loved this episode! Totally geeked out when Zeb showed up. Not a lot in the way of set potential. But man do I want more pirate figs.

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Reveal hidden contents

I loved this episode! Totally geeked out when Zeb showed up. Not a lot in the way of set potential. But man do I want more pirate figs.

wait so IT WAS zeb? I mean i thought he was because of the voice and because he was a lasat but i didn't think that was actually him!

Edited by Goofster

I am most excited to see a better pic of the Palpatine and Vader minifigs. The new face print for Palpy is intriguing and I saw someone mention vader may have a new battle damaged torso, but its hard to tell.

Endor Leia is a huge miss. If you just saw it on its own with no context, would you be able to tell who it was supposed to be? 

42 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Hide contents

wait so IT WAS zeb? I mean i thought he was because of the voice and because he was a lasat but i didn't think that was actually him!

Spoiler

Credits confirm it was Zeb, and of course Dave Filloni had to be in that scene as well. This felt a lot like what Rangers of the New Republic would be like, a bunch of fighter pilots trying to do what they can. 

for me one of two unknown sets in semptember is from bad batch. There is need to be at least 1 set from 2 season.

Edited by omegabadbatch

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yes, as GlacierPhoenix said the credits confirmed it was Zeb. Same voice actor too.

Spoiler

I'll be very disappointed if we never get TK Troopers, especially those Shock Trooper ones from the latest BB episode. Also surely Lego will not pass up the chance to make that AT-ST type walker... barring the First Order one. 

I’ve always liked TBB but the show really found its stride midway into Season 2.

If one of the September sets is a Bad Batch set, I’d honestly love that. Give us the team in their updated Season 2 outfits (with backpacks this time please). Lego really botched the Havoc Marauder and Justifier for various reasons (the former undersized, the latter oversized), so another Bad Batch set that’s executed better would be most welcome.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Redacted till I can get spoilers to work properly 

Now unredacted - (okay I still couldn't get the a spoiler bracket inside a spoiler bracket so beware big bad batch spoilers)

Well that ends any speculation of the swamp speeder being a BBS2 set, a shame as I doubt it'll get much of anything once it's done airing, really hope we do get some more Bad batch stuff. Mega spoiler-> [spoiler] Give Us S2 Tech, after all we might very well never see him again   [/spoiler]

Spoilers on my phone worked with [ ] instead of <>

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

PLEASE, PLEASE, avoid spoilers for this week's Mando episode. If you must talk about it (and I must!) then use spoiler tags. If you're on a desktop the eye symbol will auto add the spoiler tags for you. If you're on mobile use < spoiler > < /spoiler > tags (without spaces).

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by Agent Kallus

How do you end a spoiler and continue to type without it being in the spoiler section? (Mobile)

Edited by Goofster

Not much in the way of new set material in either thing. 

Spoiler

Though chances of the return of Zeb are increased now given he was in Mando. 

Opposite for my boy tech though. I'll never forgive the writers.

Ahsoka set predictions:

100$ = ghost: sabine, hera, chopper, jason, zeb and ahsoka (or ezra) (maybe kallus too?)

70$ = jedi shuttle

ahsoka, thrawn, rex and ezra

I have a feeling chopper will be left out

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I wonder how cramped Zeb is in a X-Wing or Y-wing cockpit? He was wearing a flight suit, after all. 

10 minutes ago, MBricks said:
  Hide contents

I wonder how cramped Zeb is in a X-Wing or Y-wing cockpit? He was wearing a flight suit, after all. 

You KNOW that man flies a U-wing.

Also, regarding bad batch and set potential:

Spoiler

It struck me that S2 of BB ended similarly to S2 of rebels, which made me wonder if it'll follow a similar trajectory of quality increasing as BB sets stop releasing. Which is sad, given we don't have a single fig of the S2 main cast.

Plus, I know it'll never happen, but a diorama for "When have we EVER followed orders" would be amazing. It's a heartbreaking scene but one of my favorite animated SW moments, and I'd love to have a diorama of it.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

Plus, I know it'll never happen, but a diorama for "When have we EVER followed orders" would be amazing. It's a heartbreaking scene but one of my favorite animated SW moments, and I'd love to have a diorama of it.

Wrong, clearly we need a wade diorama!

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Agreed, gutted over tech

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

It struck me that S2 of BB ended similarly to S2 of rebels, which made me wonder if it'll follow a similar trajectory of quality increasing as BB sets stop releasing. Which is sad, given we don't have a single fig of the S2 main cast.

Spoiler

Man, first thing when I saw him, Hell ya Zeb! 2nd thing, blue outfit, please don't fly a U wing or be a part of Blue Squadron! Gulp Scarif!  Wait Nevermind! we are past that time period! Rebels and Mandalorian intermixing is frying my brain!

Edited by Frizzlefry25

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

How do you end a spoiler and continue to type without it being in the spoiler section? (Mobile)

[/spoiler]

So much stuff from the Bad Batch s1-2 and The Mandalorian S3 that I want to own in Lego form. I do hope Lego show proactivity in their releases this summer and beyond. 

29 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

So much stuff from the Bad Batch s1-2 and The Mandalorian S3 that I want to own in Lego form. I do hope Lego show proactivity in their releases this summer and beyond. 

I agree. Lego’s play sets have skyrocketed in quality in the past few years. The snubfighter and spider tank look superb, but I feel no one in five years is going to look back and think “wow! Sick Vane’s pirate’s snubfighter!” or recall the 10 second duel between Bo Katan and the Spider tank (which is missing its driver). 

Conversely, the sets I wish Lego went all-out on were the ones they butchered in the past few years (BB shuttle, Mando’s starfighters). 

Really hoping the fang fighter and tie interceptor deliver. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

8 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I agree. Lego’s play sets have skyrocketed in quality in the past few years. The snubfighter and spider tank look superb, but I feel no one in five years is going to look back and think “wow! Sick Vane’s pirate’s snubfighter!” or recall the 10 second duel between Bo Katan and the Spider tank (which is missing its driver). 

Conversely, the sets I wish Lego went all-out on were the ones they butchered in the past few years (BB shuttle, Mando’s starfighters). 

Really hoping the fang fighter and tie interceptor deliver. 

There’s so much amazing and relevant stuff they can release too. Loads of options, loads.

3 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

There’s so much amazing and relevant stuff they can release too. Loads of options, loads.

Part of the problem is the designers don’t always know what’s going to be a “big deal” and what isn’t for new shows. On paper, Cad Bane’s personal ship sounds like a big enough deal to turn it into a $170 set…until it turns out to be on screen for all of three minutes 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

I don’t know if I could handle that. It’d be an instant buy, but I might cry every time I look at it

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg