MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I really like both of those. They're neat, simple and to the point. I hope we get more duel focused dioramas as long as the theme continues. 

I also like both of the dioramas! Especially Endor looks great and if you mod it bigger it will be even better :thumbup: Both sets are ridiculously overpriced though and i am not going to get any. So far it looks like i am not going to buy a single Lego Star Wars set this year :cry_sad: (unless one of the Ahsoka sets turns out to be good or Jabba's Palace is a real thing...)

These dioramas look amazing, definitely better than last year's, though I think I'll pass again considering the absurd price and amount of other sets I want to get around to buying. They're both very tempting though. The throne room is amazing looking, and I like the new hairpiece. The medium brown on the speeders is awesome, I don't think we've gotten many/any actual bricks in that colour just yet, so I wonder if it'll start getting common, or if it'll just stay as mainly a skin tone with a few actual pieces here and there.

I think both sets look great. I’d been holding off buying the dioramas out currently as I wasn’t 100% on them, but this has sold me - I think I’ll collect them all now. 

Great to see Luke has a new hairpiece! :sweet: 
I'm gonna wait till we get better pictures to decide if I buy any, 'cause I can hardly see megablocks in these. I don't know how you guys do it :laugh:
The Endor Speeder Chase so far looks interesting, though.

Regards,
Mitch

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Great to see Luke has a new hairpiece! :sweet: 
I'm gonna wait till we get better pictures to decide if I buy any, 'cause I can hardly see megablocks in these. I don't know how you guys do it :laugh:
The Endor Speeder Chase so far looks interesting, though.

Regards,
Mitch

I've seen some lower res versions of the images being reposted in various places. You could perhaps try to track down the original (or close to the original) post to get a better look at the things in the images, but the originals are still pretty blurry, so I dunno.

Never in a million years would I have imagined RotJ Luke getting a new hair mould. If Lego make this, surely they’ll also make a new headpiece for Ahsoka right? …Right?

Love both dioramas, I was expecting the Emperor’s Throne Room to be a simplified variation of the 2015/20 Final Duel sets on the usual black base, so getting a full on diorama of the throne and viewport section exceeds expectations, it looks great! @Mandalorianknight I 100% agree with you, this whole sequence is the best scene in all of Star Wars for me as well.

The Endor Speeder Chase also looks fantastic. I would’ve appreciated even more foliage / fallen logs on the ground, however it works fine as it is. 

This year’s dioramas are a good step up from last year’s in my opinion, it’s a damn shame that we won’t see Jabba’s Throne Room though. I do hope it’s just delayed and not cancelled outright.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Stone Wars reports that Jabba's Palace is most likely cancelled. Damn, this was the set i was most exited about :cry_sad:

Maybe Lego realises that two expensive dioramas is probably enough for one year and they can put Jabba's Palace on the backburner for a year. Yes the ROTJ anniversary will have passed, but OT set releases aren't as time critical as merchandise for other current media. Here's hoping.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Maybe Lego realises that two expensive dioramas is probably enough for one year and they can put Jabba's Palace on the backburner for a year. Yes the ROTJ anniversary will have passed, but OT set releases aren't as time critical as merchandise for other current media. Here's hoping.

Sounds like they backtracked, similar to how The Temple of Doom was cancelled. 

Both are controversial. 

Just my observation. 

35 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Never in a million years would I have imagined RotJ Luke getting a new hair mould. If Lego make this, surely they’ll also make a new headpiece for Ahsoka right? …Right?

Don’t be silly, of course they won’t. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I hope we get more duel focused dioramas as long as the theme continues. 

So many possibilities for OT, PT, and ST. Fingers crossed the diorama’s continue to see this. 

Here’s hoping that the cancellation of the Throne Room is because they decided to go through with the Sail Barge, and wanted people to have more incentive to buy the bigger set. Sucks for people that want a Boushh figure though.

luke from death star duel could be in book for 4 euro. Beacuse on book catalog there is lego star wars book from episode 6 with unknown luke skywalker minifigure.

its something like magazines in Europe

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

While these look nice, there's nothing here that's really new or exclusive enough to justify spending that much on them. Just a big "meh" from me. Hopefully someone managed to buy one so we can maybe get a look at the product ads in the back of the manual.

I don't know if thats a legit tactic anymore... when the Rex and Cody helmets got out early, there was nothing in the back of the manual.

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I really like both of those. They're neat, simple and to the point. I hope we get more duel focused dioramas as long as the theme continues. 

I agree. Word on the street is that the helmet series is complete and now this will phase in as the primary 18+ selling point. I love the idea of capturing exact scenes and think there are so many possible great dioramas for years to come.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

This year’s dioramas are a good step up from last year’s in my opinion, it’s a damn shame that we won’t see Jabba’s Throne Room though. I do hope it’s just delayed and not cancelled outright.

with every fiber of my existence, I am holding on to hope.

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Stone Wars reports that Jabba's Palace is most likely cancelled. Damn, this was the set i was most exited about :cry_sad:

Ah crap. Where exactly did you see this??

2 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

Ah crap. Where exactly did you see this??

In their latest article about the dioramas on their homepage.

20 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Those tile pieces for the quotes sure look like stickers…welp. Eeek. Oooo. 

yeah perhaps the indy diorama set began the ushering in of lego further cutting corners 😐

Always think it's a shame to have a bit of endor forest without any ewoks.

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Those tile pieces for the quotes sure look like stickers…welp. Eeek. Oooo. 

'Quick jam Thier comlinks' isn't exactly a quote worthy line anyway.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Wrote with instead of without,

While I don‘t like that Jabba‘s Palace is seemingly cancelled, it doesn‘t annoy me nowhere near as much as the ToD‘s cancellation did.

Why?

• We haven‘t seen a picture of Jabba‘s Palace.
  • It could still come out in 2024 or another year, for SW is eternal :snicker:
  • Another opportunity for Jabba to show up is in the foreseeable future.
  • The 2012 versions of the characters are not outdated.
  • It wouldn‘t have included new characters.
  • There‘s a ton of other sets coming.
Edited by BrickBob Studpants

If they re-release Thrawn this year, he'll have the brighter skin tone from skywalker saga right?

So, according to how looks new Bo Katan, should we expect Ahsoka with arm printing in September? 

45 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The 2012 versions of the characters are not outdated.

Agreed, Boush has one of the most intricate helmets they ever did in fact. And I hardly see any improvements that could be done for Jabba. (I do understand that mny probably don't have the old figs though)

I don't really see anyone as excited as i am that we are getting an updated 1999 fig! Endor Luke has not been updated since wave 1!!! (He's super easy to make with other parts anyway) So if you don't count the pit droid variations the only fig from wave one who hasn't been remade is ... Gasgano.

Does Vader have battle damage?

Edited by Archer

Wow. Well that was a whirlwind catching up from last week. 
Throne Room diorama looks great. My favorite so far. I really like the quote choice too. Some of them (speeder chase and trash compactor) don't really impress me personally as memorable. 

Someone else mentioned, I think I am just seeing wishful things, but Vader and Luke's saber hilts kinda look extra shiny again. 

r2d2 and c3po are not in front of the box of thrash compactor. Royal guards may be on the back of the box of death star duel diorama.

Edited by omegabadbatch

4 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

r2d2 and c3po are not in front of the box of thrash compactor. Royal guards may be on the back of the box of death star duel diorama.

Certainly possible. However, they were also located on the far side of the diorama, it would be odd to not have the royal guards visible. Would love to be wrong though!