MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I remember there was some deleted scene with them... maybe some standoff between them and Vader?

This one yes

The dioramas look great but they suffer the same issue the previous ones had where there's a 30$ price hike just because of the base piece. I feel like these could have been system sets for a fraction of the price.  

4 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

swamp speeder is on kashyyyk scene and on felucia in episode 3

It was also in Cato neimoidia with the 442nd

I left for like 2 days, WTH happened here?

I like both the sets. I think they make nice additions to the overall diorama collection. 

The Death Star Duel is visually stunning and I’m glad it looks distinct from the play-scale version of the scene released previously. 

The Endor Chase set is nice, although I wish they developed landscape rather than upwards. I would have appreciate a large log and a tree rather than two trees. 

Again, the price of these things for what they are is the issue. They’ll be popular no doubt, however. I really do wish the Jabba’s throne room existed; Would have accommodated these exquisitely.  

Edited by ArrowBricks

22 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I left for like 2 days, WTH happened here?

“That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn’t… doesn’t count.”

Even though it’s not the most exciting set for those who already own previous versions, the throne room looks beautiful. I like the overall smoothness, as well as the shaping and part usage of the window. It’ll be cool to see better pictures of Luke’s new hair and Palpatine’s new face. 

The Endor chase looks good for what it is. The final result is a lot more dynamic than I initially expected, and it seems the forest floor is pretty well populated. Also, a new Endor Luke is very welcome, as is Leia. 

Seeing how good these look, though, make me sad about Jabba’s Palace. Fingers crossed for next year. 

Both diorama sets look excellent. I'm especially impressed with the giant (printed?) window piece behind Palpatine's throne.

The prices are high, though. For what they're supposed to be, they capture their respective scenes quite well.

If I can find them on May the 4th weekend for 2x Star Wars points, I'll absolutely be picking them up. Wonder if there will be a run on the previous dioramas, similar to the helmets when the 2nd wave got released.

Promobricks listed the BrickHeadz, Throne Room, and Endor Chase as €40, 100, and 80 respectively.

The first is at a good price but I'll wait for a discount. The other two are both 20 Euros overpriced.

Edited by Jenga Fett1
Added more details and corrected currency.

I really like these Diorama style sets, and these are excellent additions. And I know its beating a dead horse, but the price for this things just continues to be out of whack! I have yet to see one that I would drop money on for the list price. Maybe a Zavvi, or Amazon sale down the road.

Maybe a bit of a longshot, but do the lightsaber hilts, especially Luke's, look chrome to anyone else? 

2 hours ago, Gontron said:

The dioramas look great but they suffer the same issue the previous ones had where there's a 30$ price hike just because of the base piece. I feel like these could have been system sets for a fraction of the price.  

100%. Lego’s squeezing extra money out of people by throwing in a handful of black bricks and slapping an 18+ label on the set. I’d much prefer if they were cheaper and didn’t include the bases.

5 hours ago, Goofster said:

if we get OT: no arm prints, no legs prints only new torso print and helmet.

if we get BOBF: arm print, no leg print, same torso and helmet.

Judging by the fact we're getting imperial mechs, i think it'll be OT.

all of this comes from previous marvel mechs, only iron man gets new leg prints.

Star wars has always had a significantly higher budget/allocation of new prints/molds than marvel. All figures in the mechs will have leg printing. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

They left before the duel started. (No, really... there was a deleted scene that showed the Emperor dismissing them...)

Others have said it's in the movie, deleted scene is standoff with vader like you said, but I'm gonna hijack this comment to go off-topic about how much I love this specific thing. The emperor dismissing his guards serves so many purposes that are all super cool: 

On a surface level, it's because he doesn't need them. Because of Vader, but more importantly, foreshadowing that he himself is immensely powerful.

It also serves to show how in-control the emperor is of the situation. He doesn't even need his guards because there's no possible way he could lose. If Luke kills vader, he becomes the emperor's new apprentice. If Vader kills Luke, he's cemented as fully unable to return from the dark side, from his servitude to him. Even if Luke kills the emperor, he will turn to the dark side, and the Jedi will be dead. (or nowadays, the greatest hope for the jedi is dead-though there are still a couple kicking around-, and palpatine uses essence transfer. Fine.)

Aw, man, I don't even care that the throne room seems a little overpriced. This is my favorite scene in the entire star wars universe, in cinema history, and it's captured perfectly. I cannot wait to pick this up. These dioramas continue to be by FAR my favorite sets lego puts out, after the bespin duel and dagobah training took the spots from eachother. I could care less what every other set this year is now. I got what I wanted, and "oh, it's beautiful". 

Endor diorama is fine. A little too sparse, it needed more trees. Still a solid set, just pales in comparison to the other.

I might be wrong since the box is blurry, but it looks like Lego is continuing to stick with the inaccurate silver belt buckle on Luke’s ROTJ figure, instead of being black like it should be.

It’s annoying, but not surprising though, since his belt buckle barely appears in the movie, and Lego probably incorrectly assumed it’s colour based on black and white behind the scenes photos. (Plus the Mandalorian also made his buckle silver, which doesn’t help in Lego realizing their mistake)

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Star wars has always had a significantly higher budget/allocation of new prints/molds than marvel. All figures in the mechs will have leg printing. 

Others have said it's in the movie, deleted scene is standoff with vader like you said, but I'm gonna hijack this comment to go off-topic about how much I love this specific thing. The emperor dismissing his guards serves so many purposes that are all super cool: 

On a surface level, it's because he doesn't need them. Because of Vader, but more importantly, foreshadowing that he himself is immensely powerful.

It also serves to show how in-control the emperor is of the situation. He doesn't even need his guards because there's no possible way he could lose. If Luke kills vader, he becomes the emperor's new apprentice. If Vader kills Luke, he's cemented as fully unable to return from the dark side, from his servitude to him. Even if Luke kills the emperor, he will turn to the dark side, and the Jedi will be dead. (or nowadays, the greatest hope for the jedi is dead-though there are still a couple kicking around-, and palpatine uses essence transfer. Fine.)

Aw, man, I don't even care that the throne room seems a little overpriced. This is my favorite scene in the entire star wars universe, in cinema history, and it's captured perfectly. I cannot wait to pick this up. These dioramas continue to be by FAR my favorite sets lego puts out, after the bespin duel and dagobah training took the spots from eachother. I could care less what every other set this year is now. I got what I wanted, and "oh, it's beautiful". 

Endor diorama is fine. A little too sparse, it needed more trees. Still a solid set, just pales in comparison to the other.

My biggest issue with the set is that you can’t even recreate the scene which the set’s quote is referencing, since it doesn’t include the walkway or stairs. The set looks great, but I prefer the completeness of the previous two versions we’ve got.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Oh, was it in the movie? It's been a while. I remember there was some deleted scene with them... maybe some standoff between them and Vader?

The scene that you are thinking of is the one where Vader Force chokes Moff Jerjerrod. 

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

Not on-screen; the ISP does appear on Coruscant alongside the grey-marked 41st, though. 

Once again, Lego has knocked it out of the park with these diorama sets and cemented them as my favorite Lego subtheme of all time.

I think part of the reason I’m such a fan is that they’re a welcome departure from the usual vehicle-heavy assortments that we normally get. Star Wars has so many iconic scenes that are perfectly suited to this format, and I hope they continue for a long, long time (pun intended :wink:).

The throne room duel is simultaneously impressive and disappointing; the detail is excellent, but we only get a very small part of the room/scene. The new hair is a long-overdue upgrade for RotJ Luke, and I hope that we get him in a less expensive set (or that the hair gets reused in City/Friends/Ninjago/etc). Endor is great but overpriced; this should have been $40 with no base, only one large tree, and some smaller foliage. I do like the new 74-Z build, however, as well as the more accurate use of Medium Brown instead of Reddish Brown. 

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

(or that the hair gets reused in City/Friends/Ninjago/etc)

Or Pick-a-Brick? :moar:

I guess this means the old classic male hair is well and truly retired? RotJ Luke was like the last figure still using it, although the last hood-less ANH Obi-Wan had it too.

Personally, I like these dioramas a lot. They make a lot more sense to me as little slices of scenes to me to display than the Trash Compactor and Yoda's Hut (as nice as that one looks, it's just kind of a weird scene for the format because it isn't one iconic scene), but yeah no way I will actually pay the price. I don't think the discount will ever be deep enough for me to accept it, unless I find them at a lucky price on Facebook Marketplace or something like that.

That big window looks like a big new piece to me?

While these look nice, there's nothing here that's really new or exclusive enough to justify spending that much on them. Just a big "meh" from me. Hopefully someone managed to buy one so we can maybe get a look at the product ads in the back of the manual.

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I guess this means the old classic male hair is well and truly retired? RotJ Luke was like the last figure still using it, although the last hood-less ANH Obi-Wan had it too.

They're still using it for TPM-era Obi-Wan, too, although granted the last one of those was in 2017. It still showed up in a couple new minifigs last year, though, so I think it's too soon to say it's completely done for.

I would love to get those two speeder bikes, three minifigures, and a side build of a tree. In a set costing no more than $40, preferably $30.

21 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

They're still using it for TPM-era Obi-Wan, too, although granted the last one of those was in 2017. It still showed up in a couple new minifigs last year, though, so I think it's too soon to say it's completely done for.

True, it was on two 2022 Minifigures, but in the Jurassic Park one's 2023 appearance he now has the Emmett hair. I'm sure they could always pull it out for nostalgic purposes, but it really feels like they're phasing it out.

New hair is always cool with me though, and I hope it'll be more easily available than just through this set (be that PaB, a cheaper set, or whatever).

On Instagram there’s a pic of a clone with grey details that someone is saying is new. Personally I’m unsure - it could be parts from the at te gunner or custom prints. It has a grey visor 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

A new hairpiece for Luke and a new faceprint for The Senate? Sign me up :excited: While both sets are pretty light on minifigs, they do look gorgeous

Both sets look absolutely fantastic. Finally a new hairpiece for Luke. 

Both of them should be 20€ cheaper than they are tho. Might pick one of them up on a discount.