MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

4 minifigs seems to imply they aren't battle droids (if they are, the set will sell, like, 5 copies total.). But now you've jinxed us. The set will come with 4 yodas.

So wrong, 4 morbius with a buildable morb speeder

Edited by Goofster

11 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I can’t wait when the swamp speeder proves to be a massive disappointment. 

442nd clones would be a disappointment to you?

4 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

442nd clones would be a disappointment to you?

No, no they would not. I’m sceptical, currently. 

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

No, no they would not. I’m sceptical, currently. 

I'm just curious what minifigs would make it a disappointment for you?

1 minute ago, Nolaheru said:

I'm just curious what minifigs would make it a disappointment for you?

Probably Kashyyyk stuff. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Probably Kashyyyk stuff. 

That's fair, we've had a lot of Kashyyyk troopers with swamp speeders before. Would be nice if we got something new. 

2 minutes ago, Nolaheru said:

That's fair, we've had a lot of Kashyyyk troopers with swamp speeders before. Would be nice if we got something new. 

Yeah anything spanning from Phase II Shiny Clones, 327th, 442nd, Rex, or any new legion and I’m fairly happy. 

The dream would be 3 Shiny Phase II Clones and a Jedi. But that’s purely me wishlisting.

Edited by ArrowBricks

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yeah anything spanning from Phase II Shiny Clones, 327th, 442nd, Rex, or any new legion and I’m fairly happy. 

The dream would be 3 Shiny Phase II Clones and a Jedi. But that’s purely me wishlisting.

Personally I would love the 327th but like you said, any new legion would be amazing.

Just now, Nolaheru said:

Personally I would love the 327th but like you said, any new legion would be amazing.

I’m also hoping for a surprise with Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter…but that’s almost impossible in my eyes! 

Praying the unknown sets are good, I’m really struggling for enthusiasm for anything this summer. Even the Mando sets are naff so far. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

I’m also hoping for a surprise with Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter…but that’s almost impossible in my eyes! 

Praying the unknown sets are good, I’m really struggling for enthusiasm for anything this summer. Even the Mando sets are naff so far. 

Well I'm hoping for some good leaks for the Fang Fighter vs. Tie Interceptor, that set could have some promise.

14 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Agreed, except for the Mando sets, those are pretty cool. The remaining rumours however are just boring to me.

They still have some potential, but to me, there‘s nothing exciting on the level of the last couple of 2HY waves on that list :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Again these past pages just explains everything wrong with LSW and I know I’m going to heat for this but I would’ve postponed the Yavin IV Base till 2024 and in its place I would’ve released a new Falcon based on ROTJ. A ROTJ Falcon would finally give us Nien Nunb and brand new ROTJ Lando and if you go off the deleted scenes from ROTJ an updated Crix Madine and Rebel Commandos. 

As someone who doesn't really pay much attention to OT sets (particularly stuff that isn't army buildable, because that's just my particular flavour of lego star wars collector) I was genuinely baffled earlier when i found out there was no Nien Numb figure available atleast once, even like 10-20 years ago.

With regards to the Swamp Speeder

If the set really is a tiny build with 100ish pieces it pretty much HAS to come with some insanely good figures. Lego may be greedy but they're not stupid.

The key question is this: If you're lego which product would you sell more of?

a terrible little swamp speeder with 2 named characters vs 2 enemies? Let's say the """"rumor"""" of Rex and Luminara vs 2 Super Battledroids (this isn't really a rumor its just a wishlist someone ran with but we can illustrate a point with it.)
vs
a terrible little swamp speeder with 4 battlepack figures? Let's say the logical choice for a swamp speeder would be 327th Troopers. We also know even at a $30 price point lego will not part with more than 3 of the same clone (501st Legion set)
so a $25 set certainly won't part with 4 of the same figure, so it could come with, 3 327th Regs and 1 327th Officer. It could also be Bly, as that would be the most logical explanation as to why this set wouldn't just be called "327th Battlepack"
vs
a terrible little swamp speeder with 2 named characters and 2 clones, Let's again stick with Luminara and Rex since they're in the talks about this for some reason, with 2x plain phase 2s.

So the first option, you're selling a maximum of 1 set per fan. Nobody is buying more than one of those. The second option would be TOO good to be true in my opinion. We already have a clone trooper battlepack so i doubt lego would cannibalise their own sales with a more expensive battlepack. Whether the Swamp Speeder would eat the Battlepacks sales or the other way around IDK. I'd personally buy way more of a $25 swamp speeder with army builder figures over a $20 battlepack with figures i'd want a max of 2-3 of (I really like the officer though, im not sure why it's just cool to me.)

The third option seems to be the best of all. You get 2 named characters, basically making sure that most dedicated prequel fans will buy atleast 1. Then you get 2 clones, basically making sure that most clone army fans are gonna buy 5+ of them.

You might say "who would pay $25 for 2 clones, multiple times" and i'd point you to current republic fighter tank at twice the price, of which many people have bought several EXCLUSIVELY for the clones. I'd also say, it's still effectively a very overpriced battlepack. We all know that most battlepacks only really give you 2 of the figure you want a lot of anyway (except the hoth battlepack that was really good). You always end up with an officer you don't want 10 of and some deathstar gunner or something that is equally obvious padding. So paying $12.5 per clone is not that much worse than paying $10 per. It's all terribly overpriced but EVERYTHING in LSW is terribly overpriced so it wouldn't be a surprise and there's usually a 20% off sale at some point in it's lifespan anyway.

So with that in mind my guess is gonna be,

best case: Named clone, Named Jedi, 2 unnamed clones.
slightly worse case(imo, im sure this is better for some): 2x Named jedi, 2x clones
much worse case: 1x named jedi, 1x named clone, 1x wookie, 1x clone (again this could be the best for some, though the wookie would effectively force the rest of the set to be 41st Elite clones, which many are a bit sick of)
misery: 1x Named jedi, 1x Named clone/un-named clone, vs 2 enemies
worst case scenario: We're wrong and it has less than 4 figures.
apocalyptic hellscape scenario: it's 4 grogus.

21 minutes ago, Nolaheru said:

Well I'm hoping for some good leaks for the Fang Fighter vs. Tie Interceptor, that set could have some promise.

I think the set will look really good to be fair! Two really interesting ships for all different types of fans. I don’t mind the figures in this one because of this, although I’d imagine we’d get something exclusive, the leakers have hinted as much combined with the fairly standard Mandalorian figure leaked a while back. 

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed, except for the Mando sets, those are pretty cool. The remaining rumours however are just boring to me.

Personally, I like the Snubfighter somewhat. I’ll wait for a discount which will undoubtedly come. Wish it had Greef, though. Solid 10/10 set then purely because you couldn’t have done a better set based off of that. 

Hate the spider tank thing, mainly because it’s inaccurate which of course is not Lego’s fault here. 

9 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

With regards to the Swamp Speeder

If the set really is a tiny build with 100ish pieces it pretty much HAS to come with some insanely good figures. Lego may be greedy but they're not stupid.

The key question is this: If you're lego which product would you sell more of?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is what’s been rumoured. 

Luminara, Rex, 2 Super Battle Droids. 

I think we will be getting something separatist in it, but that’s just a hunch on my end. 

18 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think we will be getting something separatist in it, but that’s just a hunch on my end. 

I really don't see them resurrecting the B2s after like 8 years. UNLESS they've updated the legs. In which case that'd be a pretty good set IMO. I'd buy like 5 of em to get myself a little team of new supers. But if not that'd suck.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hate the spider tank thing, mainly because it’s inaccurate which of course is not Lego’s fault here. 

Inaccurate because it doesn't (appear to) include the cyborg guy who pilots it? Or something else?

22 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Inaccurate because it doesn't (appear to) include the cyborg guy who pilots it? Or something else?

That’s my main issue, but not the only one. 

It just feels off, maybe it’s the shortness of the legs and the fact it doesn’t feel or look like a spider mech.

The fact it’s called a “tank” probably sums it up. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

r/legoleak mods have loosely backed this. that's enough for it to transcend from basic rumor/speculation to something a bit more realistic in my opinion. 

Again, lego would be straight goofy to not throw a Rex minifig out this year but then again lego is straight goofy all the time so we will see. 

I am hopeful :D

6 hours ago, Goofster said:

So wrong, 4 morbius with a buildable morb speeder

I said worst case, not best case.

A new super battle droid mold set could help justify the insane price (not that it does, but... it would help a little at least). 

Not the most exciting selection in the universe, but I‘d take it :shrug_oh_well:

20 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I’ll be honest I don’t understand the obsession with either Rex or the Gunship. Rex feels like a character the more vocal complainers in the fandom defaulted to once they could no longer obsess about Cody. Not in any movies, yes very prominent in the cartoon but still, he’s just a clone. One of literally millions. One that essentially boils down to a slight variation in deco on existing parts. The gunship meanwhile has been done at least twice now, is readily available on the aftermarket, has been moc’ed many times, can be built from bricklinked parts, etc. Yes, at a price but honestly not that much higher than whatever Lego will eventually charge for a new one. 

I don’t mean to yuk on anyone’s yum but rather to say that there seem to be much larger holes when it comes to PT representation in Lego. Ships and locations and scenes that have only been done once or not at all. But especially: minifigs… there are, what, 20 versions of Padme as yet unmade, and several times that many Jedi, senators, separatists, aliens, and so on. None of which can easily be kitbashed from existing parts or have been made as customs. 

When the AAT came out, my daughter and I made a special trip to a Target extra far away to pick up an in-stock copy ASAP. She was so excited to get Ahsoka. Rex is her partner-in-crimes-against-the-Republic. I've been telling her for years now that as soon as TLG releases another Rex, I'm going to get him for her. She's still waiting. FWIW She'd prefer Rex to Padme.

30 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Again the Swamp Speeder should be Bly+3 327th Troopers. 

Should it? sure.

Will it?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh