MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would be such a strange choice to base that vehicle off of, and

Reveal hidden contents

would severely limit figure count. (I suspect many who want a new gunship will immediately start whining that it doesn't come with 3573896 clone commanders anyway, but in this case they'd be justified.)

MandR's somehow gotten stuff right before, but the concept of that vehicle being based on it's appearance in that property is so absurd to me, I just can't see it.

Spoiler

I'd buy the hell out of it either way though lol. If MandR's wishlist for the figures of it came true I'd have a whole lot of spare Grogus that would just have to sit in a box somewhere.

It would be PRIME lego star wars to try and sell the baby grogus in a clone wars era set though. I'm still waiting for the Grogu battlepack which will just have 2 Grogu's, a Grogu officer, a Grogu Pram Pilot and a pram build.

7 minutes ago, Gontron said:

They just want a new Rex, Bly, Wolffe and Gree (mostly), add two shock troopers too or they'll continue to whine for that.

Edited by Goofster

There is no reason to suggest that the set is coming out. It was made very clear that MandR was purely wishlisting.

That Instagram leaker is not reliable, either. 

It’s not even a rumour, let alone a legitimate one. 

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

There is no reason to suggest that the set is coming out. It was made very clear that MandR was purely wishlisting.

That Instagram leaker is not reliable, either. 

It’s not even a rumour, let alone a legitimate one. 

Yeah agreed. Patience y'all 

Has there even been proof or say from an actual reliable source about a new gunship?

anyway, i think the 100$ ahsoka set being a ghost is pretty much sealed, it's a continuation to Rebels, i think we already know its returning, so yeah.

Edited by Goofster

4 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Has there even been proof or say from an actual reliable source about a new gunship?

anyway, i think the 100$ ahsoka set being a ghost is pretty much sealed, it's a continuation, i think we already know its returning, so yeah.

I could see the bigger Ahsoka set being the T-6 tbh....so not necessarily. It could also be revealed that one of the bigger sets is a Ghost as well. We just really don't know atm

8 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Nope. 

Yeah so i was right, just more dumb rumors Youtubers feed to their unknowing audience (not talking about M&R, he just thought of something, just that some other people take out of context and run with it.)

1 minute ago, Goofster said:

Yeah so i was right, just more dumb rumors Youtubers feed to their unknowing audience (not talking about M&R, he just thought of something, just that some other people take out of context and run with it.)

Yeah...happens every year. 

34 minutes ago, Goofster said:

anyway, i think the 100$ ahsoka set being a ghost is pretty much sealed, it's a continuation to Rebels, i think we already know its returning, so yeah.

I am gonna have to disagree with that for a few reasons: 

The Ghost in 2014 was $90 with 929 pieces. The Ghost going up to 1083 pieces and only getting an extra $10 tacked on to the price does not really align with Lego's current pricing model. 

Also, seeing how demanded the Ghost has been over the last few years and based on the fact that IF it did release, it would include some also highly demanded minifigures, they would put it behind a bigger price wall. 

I know this is no place for speculations, but I am pretty sure a Ghost will come out this year and my guess is that it will be the $150 1394 piece set. I think this could explain why Amazon rushed to snatch up exclusive rights to that set because they know how in demand whatever that set will be, like they did with the Razor Crest, which could totally be a new Ghost. 

27 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Yeah...happens every year. 

Honestly it’s so so so tiring.

It’s the clickbait YouTubers that drive me insane the most because they know better. 

44 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Nothing to suggest this will be the set. 

42 minutes ago, Goofster said:

They just want a new Rex, Bly, Wolffe and Gree (mostly), add two shock troopers too or they'll continue to whine for that.

Look I get whining gets bad sometimes and some YouTubers don't help the cause but why can't people want clone commanders who are extremely popular characters in the franchise in the modern era of SW? Rex, Wolffe, and Gree are far more prominent than many of the characters Lego has made in the past who have little to no screen time. Rex has quite literally appeared in the most SW content of any side character outside of the main Jedi, Han & Chewie, and R2/3PO. The way people on this forum make it seem unreasonable to want a figure that has more lines than half the imperials who have appeared over the years is baffling; in this year alone we had Sloan who has only appeared in 4 comic books and 2 videos games. I bring her up since the argument for not making clones is that they appear in animation and animation isn't popular but then why make a character like Sloane and not Piett or Finn? The reason is they have the freedom to do whatever characters they want from whatever media they want. TBH we should have been having clone commanders, Dr. Aphra, Dexter, Shmi, and Cal Kestis but for god knows why we never will. 

Also, that Gunship rumor is def false no way it happens this year. The scene choice would make no sense. 

1 minute ago, EvanHnuel said:

I know this is no place for speculations, but I am pretty sure a Ghost will come out this year and my guess is that it will be the $150 1394 piece set. I think this could explain why Amazon rushed to snatch up exclusive rights to that set because they know how in demand whatever that set will be, like they did with the Razor Crest, which could totally be a new Ghost. 

Could easily be a new Mando ship (I don’t look at any rumours so no idea if one’s coming). I’d be shocked if the N1 Starfighter remains Mando’s ship.

The point is, nothing is certain until we get concrete info. I’d probably refrain from sweeping statements such as “I am pretty sure” because Lego always surprises us, for better or worse. 

Just now, kidtheboss611 said:

Also, that Gunship rumor is def false no way it happens this year. The scene choice would make no sense. 

It’s not even a rumour. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Honestly it’s so so so tiring.

It’s the clickbait YouTubers that drive me insane the most because they know better. 

Nothing to suggest this will be the set. 

That plus then the people who are convinced it is gospel and get irrationally angry at you for trying to right the ship and keep expectations in check. 

I hope these sets come (Gunship, Ghost...etc.). But unless hearing a reasonable rumor from a verified source, I don't expect much. Some good some bad, not every set hits perfectly for me and that is totally ok. 

In terms of Swamp Speeder, there's nothing at all backing the Luminara+Rex rumor other than just wishful thinking atm right?

1 minute ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Look I get whining gets bad sometimes and some YouTubers don't help the cause but why can't people want clone commanders who are extremely popular characters in the franchise in the modern era of SW? Rex, Wolffe, and Gree are far more prominent than many of the characters Lego has made in the past who have little to no screen time. Rex has quite literally appeared in the most SW content of any side character outside of the main Jedi, Han & Chewie, and R2/3PO. The way people on this forum make it seem unreasonable to want a figure that has more lines than half the imperials who have appeared over the years is baffling; in this year alone we had Sloan who has only appeared in 4 comic books and 2 videos games. I bring her up since the argument for not making clones is that they appear in animation and animation isn't popular but then why make a character like Sloane and not Piett or Finn? The reason is they have the freedom to do whatever characters they want from whatever media they want. TBH we should have been having clone commanders, Dr. Aphra, Dexter, Shmi, and Cal Kestis but for god knows why we never will. 

Sloane became the leader of the Galactic Empire after Palpatine died in ROTJ and also was very prevalent in the early books.

2 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

How is it false, it could totally be a gunship based on that scene, The scene choice makes all the sense in the world and LEGO would make tons of money. Sure there are no reputable sources saying anything but it’s still a very likely possibility 

2 minutes ago, Matichado said:

How is it false, it could totally be a gunship based on that scene, The scene choice makes all the sense in the world and LEGO would make tons of money. Sure there are no reputable sources saying anything but it’s still a very likely possibility 

False because there is no rumor stating anything related to that. In addition, that hardly makes it a very likely. Is it possible? Sure. Likely? No. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would be such a strange choice to base that vehicle off of, and

Reveal hidden contents

would severely limit figure count. (I suspect many who want a new gunship will immediately start whining that it doesn't come with 3573896 clone commanders anyway, but in this case they'd be justified.)

MandR's somehow gotten stuff right before, but the concept of that vehicle being based on it's appearance in that property is so absurd to me, I just can't see it.

I can 100% see it, LEGO knows there is demand for an LAAT/i, and being a mandalorian set will attract more sales and even more if it has grogu, Disney probably knows about the damn of the gunship so they may having given LEGO info about the scene and LEGO is making it, it would be the same scenario as boba’s throne room from mando technically 

1 minute ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

False because there is no rumor stating anything related to that. In addition, that hardly makes it a very likely. Is it possible? Sure. Likely? No. 

True my bad there, but I still see it as a really likely possibility despite nothing backing it

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Anyone expect to hear new news from the Promobricks stream later today or just discussion on what we already know with some additional clarification maybe? 

No. If they had any news, they would advertise it. The only topic they seem to be covering is the start of the season at LEGOLand.

3 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Sure there are no reputable sources saying anything but it’s still a very likely possibility 

This particular version doesn‘t have enough screentime I‘m afraid. It‘s possible, but far from likely :tongue:

There is already a LAAT/i on shelves. Far fewer people would get the UCS version if a much cheaper one is available. I know UCS sets and regular sets have been on shelves at the same time a bunch but I would not imagine that the AT-AT sets and Millennium Falcon sets are having much competition between editions.

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. If they had any news, they would advertise it. The only topic they seem to be covering is the start of the season at LEGOLand.

This particular version doesn‘t have enough screentime I‘m afraid. It‘s possible, but far from likely :tongue:

Lego turned the Justifier into a $170 shelf warmer, anything is possible

2 minutes ago, Jenga Fett1 said:

There is already a LAAT/i on shelves. Far fewer people would get the UCS version if a much cheaper one is available. I know UCS sets and regular sets have been on shelves at the same time a bunch but I would not imagine that the AT-AT sets and Millennium Falcon sets are having much competition between editions.

Disproven by the recent Razor Crest UCS which also has a playset version on shelves. $400 vs $160ish isn’t remotely close to most consumers. Also, the gunship is retiring this fall so it’s a moot point altogether, there would hardly be any overlap.

Edited by Flawless Cowboy
Comments

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Lego turned the Justifier into a $170 shelf warmer, anything is possible

Disproven by the recent Razor Crest UCS which also has a playset version on shelves. $400 vs $140ish isn’t remotely close to most consumers. 

Keep in mind that people buying UCS Prequel sets are in fact a smaller amount of people. Most adult collectors are going to be buying OT and Mando stuff.