MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

57 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

republick tank is not available on lego shop in UK?

I was more referring to people clearing out the Tesco and Lego Store shelves of them, the lego website has them but with a limit of 2 per customer which is fine, BUT if you're building an army of 187th Troopers you're gonna have to go to the secondary market and the republic tank is going like 50% more than retail right now. The 187th Figures themselves are something like $12-15 each if you buy them individually on the secondary market but the main issue is that not that many are actually available in the UK and even more annoyingly the people selling them don't sell many so that postage cost is gonna add up if you're trying to get 10+ of them. When you're using bricklink in the UK and you want to get something from outside the UK you're going to be paying some pretty insane postage prices.

So it becomes VERY expensive to get a lot of 187th Troopers. I just have my one fighter tank and the 2 187th that came with it sadly. To get like 10 of the troopers we're looking at $120-$150 upfront and then a solid $30-50 in postage. So yah, hoping for a battlepack or more realistically, a magazine bonus.

55 minutes ago, Csaba said:

I think Lego said that they weren't going to make Fallen Order sets as the game is too violent?

Source? Also, this makes no sense; the game is no more violent/graphic than other Star Wars media. 

4 hours ago, Goofster said:

I'd say the best bet of getting a set for Bakara and the Galactic marine troopers would be a UT-AT but it's kinda obscure and the only time we've really seen it was a quick order 66 scene (which would also be dark too base off of) i think the fact that Bly and Bakara were front and center parts of order 66 makes us getting those figures very unlikely (although maybe a TCW set for Bly).

We got an AT-OT, which only appears during the Order 66 scene on Felucia. Additionally, if we did not get characters based on their involvement in Order 66, we would not have gotten Sith Anakin or Stass Allie and movie Aayla Secura (both of whom were very minor background characters in AotC). 

3 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

I do find it pretty hilarious how lifebricks spent half of his latest video criticizing people for reposting fakes (e.g. the fake UCS death star pic) and acting irresponsibly to get clicks, when the thumbnail of the video is literally that exact fake set with question marks over it in order to get clicks.

lifebricks is posting his pics from childhood on #legoleaks every day

Hey did someone else saw the “leaked” captain Rex figure on #legoleaks on instagram? The figure literally looks painted with sharpie!

2 hours ago, EvanHnuel said:

Don't see a presumably $120-150 Fallen Order set selling well when they could throw an iconic OT ship in there and sell ample amounts

The OT is already getting some pretty decent representation this year to be fair, with the TIE Bomber, dioramas, Yavin IV, UCS Chewbacca, and mechs (although that’s more of a loose association with the latter). I wouldn’t mind more fresh OT ships, but please no more oversized grey polygons.

Over the past couple of years, Lego have shown that they’re more willing to take ‘risks’ with dedicating larger sets towards non-OT vehicles, for good or ill. I don’t think it’s a particularly smart move to dedicate even more sets towards the OT this year, but everyone’s opinion on that will vary. 

Count me in for wanting a Stinger Mantis in September. I don’t think it’s terribly likely but one can hope. I still can’t fathom how we’re getting so many large sets that month.

As for the Rex discourse, there is absolutely no way Lego are unaware of his popularity, especially with us getting another 501st Battle Pack and a Rex helmet this year. As much as I can see Lego wanting to wait for a pricier set to allocate him to (501st Y-Wing, LAAT/i, etc.), when will that happen? It doesn’t make narrative sense including him in the Swamp Speeder, but it would certainly explain why that set is absurdly overpriced.

@Pedilego Agreed on all counts, I enjoyed that interview and would love seeing that sort of communication from the Lego Star Wars team.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

maybe 1 of 2 unknown sets is mantis ship from fallen order game?

It's unlikely, but possible. And man, I hope it does happen, as unlikely as it is. The Jedi series is my favorite star wars content outside the films.

2 hours ago, EvanHnuel said:

Don't see a presumably $120-150 Fallen Order set selling well when they could throw an iconic OT ship in there and sell ample amounts

They made a $170 Justifier last year. I'm not saying the mantis is coming, but stranger things have happened.

That said, people actually want the mantis. So my money's on the rebel transport from Kenobi being the 1083 pc set, and the 1394 pc set being a TIE echelon or UCS Cad Bane's hat.

2 hours ago, Csaba said:

I think Lego said that they weren't going to make Fallen Order sets as the game is too violent?

They did say that around release, but since I literally have an official lego fallen order set on my desk right now, I think we can say they've moved on.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Also, this makes no sense; the game is no more violent/graphic than other Star Wars media. 

No, he's right. There was a designer interview back around the time the game came out that stated that as their reason. Of course, BD-1 exists, so clearly they've gone back on that. I think that the "too violent" reason was clearly BS from the start, but it's what they claimed.

51 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Hey did someone else saw the “leaked” captain Rex figure on #legoleaks on instagram? The figure literally looks painted with sharpie!

It's 100%a custom, rex looks nothing like that in skywalker saga, also, the blue on the visor is too thin, incorrect blue, this guy is 100% gonna get called out and say "oh no please stop, it was a custom i swear! I wasn't trying to pass it off as a leak!"

EDIT: YUP IT IS LMAO THE PAINT IS SO VISIBLE ITS NOT EVEN VERTICAL ON THE WAIST CAPE, also it doesnt have the black stripe printing across the forehead, you can see the sloppy black paint on the outline of the face.

Edited by Goofster

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They did say that around release, but since I literally have an official lego fallen order set on my desk right now, I think we can say they've moved on.

No, he's right. There was a designer interview back around the time the game came out that stated that as their reason. Of course, BD-1 exists, so clearly they've gone back on that. I think that the "too violent" reason was clearly BS from the start, but it's what they claimed.

Odd; I wonder if LEGO had incorrect/insufficient information about the game at the time. I am not sure that the existence of the buildable BD-1 necessarily means that we will get regular sets, through, as LEGO might justify making it because it is 18+. 😕
I do hope that I am wrong, though. 

4 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

Fake leak going CRAZY this season

At least this is completely unconvincing, unlike the 442nd "leak". 

Alright, the fang fighter SURELY, SURELY has to have Fenn Rau, the other protectors are all dead, they were the ones using fang fighters CMON.

6 minutes ago, Jenga Fett1 said:

The BD-1 is rated 14+.

I missed that! I just assumed that it was 18+, as it is a UCS model. This makes J:FO/J:S sets more likely. 👍

37 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Odd; I wonder if LEGO had incorrect/insufficient information about the game at the time. I am not sure that the existence of the buildable BD-1 necessarily means that we will get regular sets, through, as LEGO might justify making it because it is 18+. 😕

It was only 14+, IIRC. They could definately do a 14+ Mantis as one of the upcoming sets. Again, not saying it's likely, just that it is a viable option.

48 minutes ago, Goofster said:

It's 100%a custom, rex looks nothing like that in skywalker saga, also, the blue on the visor is too thin, incorrect blue, this guy is 100% gonna get called out and say "oh no please stop, it was a custom i swear! I wasn't trying to pass it off as a leak!"

Oh man, I love this one. He literally just painted it. At least the death star leak had effort put into it.

35 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Alright, the fang fighter SURELY, SURELY has to have Fenn Rau, the other protectors are all dead, they were the ones using fang fighters CMON.

Filoni plays fast and loose with extended lore, plus it's likely that they've trained more mando pilots in the usage of fang fighters by this point, but I agree, if lego had the concept art of Fenn, they should put him in the set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Filoni plays fast and loose with extended lore

Fenn Rau featured prominently in Rebels, though, so I doubt Filoni would disregard that! 

To be honest, i really recommend watching Sheev Talks' video called "The Problem With Dave Filoni" it's a really good video worth watching because of the huge issue with Dave Filoni aka him contradicting everything.

With the image I could get, it seems that the UCS X-Wing is using part 68327 to make the engine air intakes. redface.gif

56 minutes ago, Goofster said:

you want him. I want another chopper

10 minutes ago, Anio said:

With the image I could get, it seems that the UCS X-Wing is using part 68327 to make the engine air intakes. redface.gif

Is this good or bad? I don't have this part in hand so hard to get an appreciation of scale. 

19 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I also just realised that Insider Bricks was the first to suggest that Rex would be in the Swamp Speeder (IIRC), so given their unreliability, perhaps he will not be included. 🤔

For what it's worth, I saw one of the mods on the legoleak subreddit also comment on hearing about Rex and Luminara *possibly* being in the Swamp Speeder. I'm still a bit skeptical but stranger things have happened.

I'm amazed Lego has gone this long without making a new Rex. I can kinda understand not doing it in 2020 because they probably designed those TCW sets a while in advance and were playing it safe, though that Anakin Interceptor set would have been a great place to include him. But not in 2021 when we got two more sets from TCW S7 or when we've gotten a TBB set in 2021 and 2022 as well? Creating the buildable helmet set shows they know the popularity of the character, and I'd argue that creating a Rex helmet that could hold a range finder was part of their motivation for the new P2 helmet mold, but they're still taking their time to actually make a new figure for whatever reason. I wouldn't expect a new Rex figure, young or old, from the Ahsoka series either since he only seems to be playing a very small role, if any, in that series from what we've heard so far. I'd say a new Ezra and Thrawn are far more likely and even then, I think Lego will save them for a "spoilery" Ahsoka set in 2024.

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

That was just the reason one designer gave in a random interview. Just like the clone pilot answer, I think this is just another example of Lego designers not being the greatest at PR and that they're probably just spit-balling when it comes to questions like this. What's more likely is that they underestimated demand for the game (and as silly as it is for a franchise called Star Wars, being wary of any potential violence ahead of the game's release still could have played a role as well), hence why we didn't get anything for Triple Force Friday in 2019. When the game turned out to be a smashing success, they already had their 2020 lineup planned and set slots in the following years since then have been limited with all the other new content coming out. We did finally get something in the form of BD-1 last year, and I thought that was a sign we'd get more Fallen Order/Survivor sets this year, not to mention the return of the Rio Durant arms for CMF Stitch this year which would be great for a Greez Dritus figure. That being said, I'm not feeling too confident about us getting anything at the moment. Sad, because I loved the first game and am really excited for the new one. There's so much they could do but oh well.

I'm still curious as to what these mystery sets are, but we'll find out in the next few months I guess. If we are indeed getting a 1000-ish piece set AND a 1300-ish piece set in addition to the Ahsoka sets in September, I'm pretty intrigued to see what they could be. My preferences would include the Mantis, a TBB S2 set or, yes, a Gunship, but I'm keeping my expectations low. 

55 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

Since they already revealed the updated live-action model at Celebration last summer, I think he could very well be coming in one of the two Ahsoka sets. 

Edited by The Stud

33 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

Let's unite, a Fenn Rau fang fighter with a chopper co-piloting.

16 minutes ago, The Stud said:

For what it's worth, I saw a comment from one of the mods on the legoleak subreddit also comment on hearing about Rex and Luminara *possibly* being in the Swamp Speeder. I'm still a bit skeptical but stranger things have happened.

Oh yeah that reminds me, the same mod (absolute legend btw) pretty much confirmed one of the Ahsoka sets is her T6 Shuttle. The comment is on the Yoda’s Starfighter thread in that subreddit if anyone is interested.

With the new moulds we’ve already seen this year, I’m getting more and more hopeful we’ll finally get a decently proportioned mould for Ahsoka’s montrails. It is long overdue.

Edited by Kaijumeister

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Oh yeah that reminds me, the same mod (absolute legend btw) pretty much confirmed one of the Ahsoka sets is her T6 Shuttle. The comment is on the Yoda’s Starfighter thread in that subreddit if anyone is interested.

With the new moulds we’ve already seen this year, I’m getting more and more hopeful we’ll finally get a decently proportioned mould for Ahsoka’s montrails. It is long overdue.

That has to be the 70€ set right? Any ideas on us getting a new ghost? Also, ahsoka having long lekkus in rebels is contradictory to her having shorter ones in the mandalorian, doesn't make sense tbh, she should chronologically have longer ones, you cant sheer them right?

6 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Also, ahsoka having long lekkus in rebels is contradictory to her having shorter ones in the mandalorian, doesn't make sense tbh, she should chronologically have longer ones, you cant sheer them right?

They couldn't make the costume work for Rosario Dawson and had to reduce the size

50 minutes ago, The Stud said:

For what it's worth, I saw one of the mods on the legoleak subreddit also comment on hearing about Rex and Luminara *possibly* being in the Swamp Speeder. I'm still a bit skeptical but stranger things have happened.

I'm unsure. I know the legoleak mods seem to know something, but I am not sure exactly what their track record is. I keep an eye on that sub, but I cannot think of anything major they have scooped, although I may have just forgotten. Can anyone jog my memory on this?

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I'm unsure. I know the legoleak mods seem to know something, but I am not sure exactly what their track record is. I keep an eye on that sub, but I cannot think of anything major they have scooped, although I may have just forgotten. Can anyone jog my memory on this?

Not so much major scoops, but they tend to comment information about sets that end up being proven accurate once they’re revealed. It’s been ongoing for a while and they’re definitely trustworthy.

@Goofster Could go either way. The T6 is a pretty large ship so I can easily see that being the larger set, with the smaller set being some sort of location build maybe (like last year’s two Kenobi sets). If the T6 looks as good and has as good of an interior as last year’s Scythe, it’ll make for an outstanding set.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, this is what the live action T6 will look like, as shown at Celebration Anaheim last year. Striking design and colour scheme to say the least!