MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Matichado said:

Wdym? Sorry I’m autist and non native English speaker so sometimes I fail to understand stuff

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Me too. "Hair splitting" is just arguing over extreme technicalities, like how the bomber is *technically* in Return of the Jedi or how while the clone wars anniversary is *technically* for Clone Wars 2003, it's being used for any clone wars era content. MKAJosh's just telling us we've got to stop arguing about it..

This. 

6 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

This. 

Thanks, sorry if I started this whole revolt it wasn’t my intention

1 hour ago, Jenga Fett1 said:

The latest Yoda comic that takes place before TPM has his interceptor somehow.

Lol, the inconsistencies with Jedi Starfighters before TPM have been real weird in canon. Especially since the whole thing is supposed to be that they didn’t have starfighters before the Naboo conflict.

Does anyone have any good guess for the May 4 Promo this year? 289 pieces, 1 minifig. I'm gonna guess it'll be ROTJ themed and probably have some relevant tie in to the X-Wing. 

My personal guess, as lame as this is, is that it'll be a mini Yoda hut since thats the only appearance of Luke's X-wing in the movie.

Also maybe a Falcon Cockpit similar to the Solo promo where we maybe see a Nien Nunb figure. 

But it could also just be some totally random thing from the movie so idk. 

27 minutes ago, EvanHnuel said:

Also maybe a Falcon Cockpit similar to the Solo promo where we maybe see a Nien Nunb figure. 

I don't want to speculate too much since this isn't the thread for it, but I'm gonna say it's almost certainly not a falcon cockpit if it only has one minifigure.

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Correct. The two large unknown sets and the Ahsoka sets are all lined up for September. It’s going to be a very expensive month provided they’re good sets.

@Pedilego It’s funny you bring up Micro Galaxy Squadron, I love that line. They made a Yoda’s Starfighter fairly recently so it’s quite funny that Lego are also bringing it back this year. I keep flip-flopping on whether this set will be as lacklustre as it sounds or if it’ll include a third minifigure that’s more desirable than Yoda and R2 to seal the deal. Cynicism says it’ll be just those two, but part of me also feels like Lego will put something else in there to make the set more appealing.

There's some real potential there, then. Ahsoka can hopefully get us a nice build for a temple of some sort, and those other three are the right piece count for a falcon/fondor/mantis/gunship size of ship. (Not that that's what they'll be, of course). 

It is weird that they're starting to stagger 2hy now. (Obviously the ahsoka ones are probably due to release date, but I doubt both the other 2 are because of that too). I don't know if I prefer it to the single august wave or not. On the one hand, it spreads out discussion and anticipation, but on the other, it's harder to decide my HY purchases in advance. (Which might be part of the intention, lego might be hoping people err on the side of buying more of the august wave if it's all that's out, then seeing excellent September sets and getting them too.)

In which case, joke's on them, I'm so broke I'm not sure if I can even get to college next year. I'm getting the Indiana Jones tomb with a gift card I scrounged up, but they aren't getting a penny out of me for the rest of this year unless unrefined coaxium happens to drop out of the sky into my hands.

3 hours ago, Matichado said:

Ooooh a fellow autist, nice to know there’s more of us on the community, or do you mean not native speaker?

I’m autistic as well. Lego & Star Wars do seem like they’re well suited for being special interests, so it makes sense there would be a few of us here. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

unless unrefined coaxium happens to drop out of the sky into my hands.

Wouldn't you and the next 5km radius just be a crater if that happened?

7 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

I think Boba could get too sometime new darker green helmet

I'd like to see the dents and wear on the helmet like the BOBF funko pop.

10 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Wouldn't you and the next 5km radius just be a crater if that happened?

You're right. Not quite what I meant, but I suppose that also solves the issue. :laugh:

1 hour ago, omegabadbatch said:

Mandalorian got updated helmet. I think Boba could get too sometime new darker green helmet

He could, or the mech could come with a new OT boba. I'm almost leaning towards the latter, just because I can't see anyone at lego thinking it's a good idea to put the exact same minfigure (or the same minifigure with a slightly different helmet) as the only minifig in 2 small sets less than a year apart. It feels like it's begging for one of them to cannibalize the sales of the other.

11 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I’m autistic as well. Lego & Star Wars do seem like they’re well suited for being special interests, so it makes sense there would be a few of us here. 

Lmao! Nice to see another one of us

2 hours ago, Matichado said:

Lmao! Nice to see another one of us

Well, I have been at physical AFOL meeting and I would say that a majority are in the autism spectrum. So its definitely a pretty common special interest. I work in an institution were support teenagers who have autism, and after anime and computer, lego ranks pretty high.

So guys, do y'all remember that mandalorian minifig leak? What if its maybe a new Fenn Rau with new armor? It seems to be a fleshtone mando instead of a generic blackhead sooo...

16 minutes ago, Goofster said:

So guys, do y'all remember that mandalorian minifig leak? What if its maybe a new Fenn Rau with new armor? It seems to be a fleshtone mando instead of a generic blackhead sooo...

fenn rau dont have skin color like leaked mandalorian

Edited by omegabadbatch

9 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

fenn rau dont have skin color like leaked mandalorian

But have we seen his head? From my knowledge its only that picture.

27 minutes ago, Goofster said:

But have we seen his head? From my knowledge its only that picture.

We have seen the head, unfortunately it isn't Fenn Rau.

would be nice if different ewok than wicket was in endor diorama but wicket probably will be beacuse he was in that scene

Edited by omegabadbatch

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

It's not, as the head is definately not Fenn Rau. Unless he got seriously tan and dyed his eyebrows.

Though it is interesting that a head is included at all for a generic mando. I wonder if maybe the head isn't meant for that figure.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though it is interesting that a head is included at all for a generic mando. I wonder if maybe the head isn't meant for that figure.

Hopefully, still desperate for a fenn rau, most likely a stormtrooper's or tie pilot's, or kingo is in the mandalorian now.

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As far as I can tell, they've just been doing the black heads for Mandos that never remove their helmets (like the ones from the BP, and the loyalist from 75316 is never shown with their helmet off). Perhaps this guy does remove his helmet at some point, or maybe he's a named (but not overly significant) character.

8 hours ago, Goofster said:

Even if the head on the leaked Mando is wrong, he still cannot be Fenn Rau; note the Clan Kryze/Nite Owls ‘V’-shaped marking on the helmet. 

The spider mech actually looks great, and Bo-Katan is amazing, though I would have liked the cyborg pilot and Din’s cage to be included (and maybe an Alamite, since the set is $50). The Darksaber mould is excellent as well, and while I would prefer it to be dual-moulded, I am OK with it being solid black because lightsaber blades are also simplified in LEGO form. 

I also just realised that Insider Bricks was the first to suggest that Rex would be in the Swamp Speeder (IIRC), so given their unreliability, perhaps he will not be included. 🤔

23 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I also just realised that Insider Bricks was the first to suggest that Rex would be in the Swamp Speeder (IIRC), so given their unreliability, perhaps he will not be included. 🤔

Rex in that set is wishful thinking to the max. I don't think he's completely off the table this year with the mystery sets, but I bet lego would take the route they did with Cody last summer by putting him behind a $140 wall.