MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

So the spider has an interior but…what goes in it?

The canons, i personally think theres some sort of play feature where under the head the smaller body drops and you put the set's head onto it tbh.

Just now, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Bo-Katan

I suppose it would make sense to have Bo inside the spider slicing it up

1 minute ago, Goofster said:

The canons, i personally think theres some sort of play feature where under the head the smaller body drops and you put the set's head onto it tbh.

I wish, but I feel like this would’ve been apparent from the promotional images 

Seems like the picture rollout isn’t so smooth this time because Lego is still working on the background renders for the set, as per Promobricks. Doesn’t look like we’ll get box images for a while.

I can’t believe they actually made a new piece for Bo’s hair! It looks incredible, and for a moment I thought it was just the same piece used for Rachel’s hair from the Friends Central Perk set. Will definitely be picking up this set now.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Wow, that Bo-Katan minifigure looks absolutely fantastic, probably one of the best SW minifigures in recent memory!  

The robot itself looks good, but the price seems a bit high for the actual size of it.  I know piece-wise it's reasonable, but it seems like a lot of small parts.  I'll probably wait until it inevitably gets marked down to $35-40 and get it then.  I'm assuming the designers didn't have access to material that showed the actual robot guy, because I imagine otherwise he'd have been included, since it could've most likely been built out of standard parts without needing a new mold.

Rachel Morrison, the director of Chapter 18, posted a picture of the actual Spider Droid prop they used for the episode and I have to say that the Lego model does look fairly close to it. Much more accurate than I thought it was. Including a cockpit but not the cyborg that includes it is very bizarre however. Hopefully some ingenious builder is able to design a custom one that can fit inside.

That new Bo-Katan figure is absolutely STELLAR. The face and hair piece are perfect. Honestly might be one of the best and most accurate Star Wars figures ever. I hope Sabine gets this same level of detail with the Ahsoka series sets. The Rebels S1 and S2 figures we got were a bit underwhelming and inaccurate.

Edited by The Stud

14 minutes ago, The Stud said:

That new Bo-Katan figure is absolutely STELLAR. The face and hair piece are perfect. Honestly might be one of the best and most accurate Star Wars figures ever. I hope Sabine gets this same level of detail with the Ahsoka series sets. The Rebels S1 and S2 figures we got were a bit underwhelming and inaccurate.

Couldn't say it better myself.

Are we 100% sure that the cyborg doesn't even appear in head form?

11 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

how old is Bo Katan in Mandalorian?

I don’t think it’s ever been officially stated how old she is but her father died in 42BBY according to (I think it was in) one of the visual dictionaries and the show is set in 9ABY. So if she was born whilst he was alive for him to have seen her baptised then she’s at least 51+.

Edited by HothFan1987

3 minutes ago, HothFan1987 said:

I don’t think it’s ever been officially stated how old she is but her father died in 42BBY according to (I think it was in) one of the visual dictionaries and the show is set in 9ABY. So if she was born whilst he was alive for him to have seen her baptised then she’s at least 51+.

not in 11 ABY now? grogu spent 2 years with luke

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Are we 100% sure that the cyborg doesn't even appear in head form?

Yeah I was thinking this could be the case, maybe a minifigure head with an eye printed on it that’s housed within the mech’s ‘head’. 

5 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

not in 11 ABY now? grogu spent 2 years with luke

Likely a decent undetermined amount of time has passed since Mando S1, but I have no clue where you’re getting that 2 year number from. I definitely don’t think Grogu was with Luke for a significant amount of time anyways. My guess would be from S1 E1 to S3 we’re nearing a calendar year or so between.

9 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Likely a decent undetermined amount of time has passed since Mando S1, but I have no clue where you’re getting that 2 year number from. I definitely don’t think Grogu was with Luke for a significant amount of time anyways. My guess would be from S1 E1 to S3 we’re nearing a calendar year or so between.

It was confirmed that Grogu was with Luke for two years by either Jon Favreau or Filoni

The whole two years thing was said by Jon Favreau in an interview, which he’s since corrected. I don’t think we know what year we’re in now but the time between season 2 and 3 definitely appears to be a lot shorter than 2 years now. 

2 minutes ago, YourLocalB2 said:

It was confirmed that Grogu was with Luke for two years by either Jon Favreau or Filoni

Okay, I just looked it up, and it looks like this originated from Jon Favreau misspeaking and backtracked on saying Grogu and Luke were together for 2 years. (Instead saying it’s anywhere between 0 and 2 years) Because like the article says, it makes no sense for the story of the Book of Boba Fett for Grogu to be with Luke for a really long time. 
https://www.distractify.com/p/how-long-was-grogu-with-luke

20 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Okay, I just looked it up, and it looks like this originated from Jon Favreau misspeaking and backtracked on saying Grogu and Luke were together for 2 years. (Instead saying it’s anywhere between 0 and 2 years) Because like the article says, it makes no sense for the story of the Book of Boba Fett for Grogu to be with Luke for a really long time. 
https://www.distractify.com/p/how-long-was-grogu-with-luke

I think what Favreau meant was that grogu was with luke since s2 ep8 up to whenever he camr back on tatooine? But yeah it's definitely not 2 years, they just hop on their next adventure.

April 8th folks, we might be seeing more Star Wars sets revealed then...apparently LEGO's having a panel or something where they'll show off new sets! I'm psyched. 

It's from the Celebration agenda. A panel showcasing RotJ anniversary sets and... entirely coincidentally... the X-Wing.

6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Yeah I was thinking this could be the case, maybe a minifigure head with an eye printed on it that’s housed within the mech’s ‘head’. 

Hopefully something like that. Otherwise no reason to have a cockpit.

6 hours ago, YourLocalB2 said:

They backtracked it later. We don't actually know how much time has gone by, and they seem determined to keep it that way, at least for now.

Man, the more I see the Bo-Katan figure, the more impressed I am with it.  Like, this looks like a UCS-quality figure in terms of having printing everywhere (printed arms!), new molded hair, and they recolored the helmet to match the live action version.  The version we have now works well for the animated version (the hair they used isn't like 100% accurate, but I feel like it's good enough for her TCW/Rebels appearances), but this is just a stellar minifig.  I hope she comes in some other sets, too, though I will probably end up getting this set on sale regardless.