MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@FoggyFate confirmed that the Swamp Speeder has four Minifigs, but did not comment (that I have seen) on the inclusion of droids. 

A thought: Do we know that the leaked blue Mando is from one of the Mandalorian Season 3 sets? Maybe the Swamp Speeder is a weird Siege of Mandalore tie-in, with Rex, two 332nd Troopers, and a Mandalorian Loyalist. 

Ok, good.

I highly doubt it. That figure looks a lot more like a Mando-era mando than a CW loyalist. (also, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in one of the trailers like the battlepack mandos, but I don't have the energy to go check)

1 hour ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That's technically not true: Rex was shown in close proximity to ISPs during the Battle of Queel in The Clone Wars: Crash Course in 2008. He's never actually shown in the same frame as one in the comic, but it's implied that he rode in one. I don't have any opinion on the contents of the set, but that wouldn't be the weirdest source LEGO's ever pulled from.

I hate that your citing of a comic from 2008 is absolutely accurate in that lego has 100% set a precedent to pull from it.

I would also add that a set doesn't have to be an army builder for a large number of figs to give value. If it's 4 named characters, the value of the set itself doesn't decrease, it just means you're more likely to only buy one.

My thoughts as to rex being in an ISP despite never riding in one onscreen are that lego's thought process seems somewhat clear: People want rex-put rex in a set-put rex in a small set so more people can buy it, maximizing sales and/or being a good PR move to fans-ISP is like the only small republic vehicle (besides the V-wing, which is also a valid choice) they haven't already made in the last 3 years-put rex alongside an ISP.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

17 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I highly doubt it. That figure looks a lot more like a Mando-era mando than a CW loyalist. (also, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in one of the trailers like the battlepack mandos, but I don't have the energy to go check)

While there are a number of blue-armoured Mandos in the trailer, I am not sure if the leaked figure matches any of them. As for the design, it appears to be a hybrid of the TCW-favoured torso armour (Fett-style) with Mandalorian-favoured leg armour (Din-style), so I can see him appearing in either a TCW or Mando S3 set. 

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would also add that a set doesn't have to be an army builder for a large number of figs to give value. If it's 4 named characters, the value of the set itself doesn't decrease, it just means you're more likely to only buy one.

Who else would be included, though? I cannot see LEGO making a $25 set with (for example) Rex, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Ventress, since all four of those characters can sell a set by themselves. 

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My thoughts as to rex being in an ISP despite never riding in one onscreen are that lego's thought process seems somewhat clear: People want rex-put rex in a set-put rex in a small set so more people can buy it, maximizing sales and/or being a good PR move to fans-ISP is like the only small republic vehicle (besides the V-wing, which is also a valid choice) they haven't already made in the last 3 years-put rex alongside an ISP.

This is almost certainly LEGO's reasoning; it just makes me wonder what the other Minifigs will be in order to keep this set from overlapping with the 501st Battle Pack. 

I just had a thought - What if this is a Bad Batch set? The Empire used ISPs in Legends, so maybe that will carry over into Canon by way of a future TBB episode. If that is the case, then I can see the Minifigs being Rex, 2-3 P2 Shinies, and maybe Crosshair or another member of the batch. 🤔

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Re: the Bad Batch, just give me Omega in a thirty dollar set and I swear* I'll never ask for another Bad Batch set again....

* Not really.

Wow, this flew right under the radar.

Brand new LEGO Star Wars set confirmed! 75356: Executor Super Star Destroyer available now for pre-order on lego.com ($69.99 USD), presumably coming on May 1st.

Has a black display stand with the RotJ 40th Anniversary logo.

I'm not that interested in the Super Star Destroyer, but if they can make this maybe they can make an Imperial Star Destroyer at the same price point, and that would be a day one buy for me.

3 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

Wow, this flew right under the radar.

Brand new LEGO Star Wars set confirmed! 75356: Executor Super Star Destroyer available now for pre-order on lego.com ($69.99 USD), presumably coming on May 1st.

Has a black display stand with the RotJ 40th Anniversary logo.

Wait... that's the Jabba's Throne room set number... OH NO

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This seems to be the though process with a lot of their non-character specific vehicles from both the OT and PT.  Unless there's a character that can be closely associated with a vehicle (Luke's X-Wing, young Anakin in a Naboo N-1 fighter, etc), they seem to take a lot of creative license with putting figures in with vehicles.  Like, the last two versions of the Fighter Tank came with Aayla Secura and some clones, and then Mace Windu and some clones.  We also got Mace Windu in with Grievous's speeder (which was still one of the strangest set decisions, to me), Rae Sloane in the TIE Bomber, a Death Star droid with the TIE, even Ahsoka in the AAT wasn't really based on a specific scene from TCW Season 7, if I remember correctly.

I think that this wouldn't be too outlandish, although is it insane if I said that I actually would prefer Aayla + Bly + two 327th troopers?  I just say that because Rex is inevitable at some point, but I feel like we're less likely to get Bly thrown into a set.

Have people seen the new super star destroyer set?

just found it on lego.com

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/executor-super-star-destroyer-75356

Why is that Executor still so thin, though? It's proportioned completely wrong. They've done the exact same thing they did with the UCS model and built it with the 6x2 wedge pieces. The actual ship has a slope of about 1:4.2, almost 50% wider than the model depicts it; it would be much closer to the proper shape if it was built with the 4x2 wedge plates. I'm delighted to see more display-style ship models, but it frustrates me to no end that LEGO can't seem to get this particular ship right.

7 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Wait... that's the Jabba's Throne room set number... OH NO

Yeah that's worrying, I had to double check the numbers but that is indeed the piece count of the original brickclicker leak for Jabba's Throne Room.

I'm really hoping the set numbers were simply moved around, otherwise it'll be a huge L in my opinion if we miss the return of moulded Jabba for this. 😞

1 minute ago, SketchBrick said:

Yeah that's worrying, I had to double check the numbers but that is indeed the piece count of the original brickclicker leak for Jabba's Throne Room.

I'm really hoping the set numbers were simply moved around, otherwise it'll be a huge L in my opinion if we miss the return of moulded Jabba for this. 😞

I just checked the set list on JJP, and 75357 is the only set we have no info on, and it's right next to the Exectutor, so hopefully those 2 were swapped accidentally by leakers.

Well that sure is an interesting development.  Reminds me of the old midi scale sets, should go nicely with the nebby. 

5 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

I just checked the set list on JJP, and 75357 is the only set we have no info on, and it's right next to the Exectutor, so hopefully those 2 were swapped accidentally by leakers.

Yes I hope so too!

Wasn't there some confusion about the throne room diorama(s)? There was some leaked info about the Jabba one and speculation that another set would be Palpatine's throne room. This midi scale Executor might be the previously unknown set that we thought was Palpatine's throne room?

I remember that as well but I think we got it figured out pretty definitively. (Until today of course.) However, I'm pretty sure that it was Palp's Throne that was pretty much guaranteed to happen, Not Jabba's.

I agree there was confusion there. I think the Jabba's set seemed pretty definitive though with a description of the minifigures, and brickclicker is usually reliable. We haven't actually heard much about the Emperor's Throne Room set, nor the Endor Speeder Chase for that matter, but so far there hasn't been anything to dismiss their legitimacy.

I don't think the new executor means the Jabba's throne room set isn't happening. I think it just means the original leaked numbers are probably off, it happened a couple of years ago with a summer wave howeverthat might be wishful thinking on my part. 

The midi-scale executor does look fantastic but I think its about 20 dollars too expensive. I will wait for a sale of double VIP to buy though I did pre-order as soon as i saw the insta posts cause I thought it was a Nebulon-B Frigate situation. 

10 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

I agree there was confusion there. I think the Jabba's set seemed pretty definitive though with a description of the minifigures, and brickclicker is usually reliable. We haven't actually heard much about the Emperor's Throne Room set, nor the Endor Speeder Chase for that matter, but so far there hasn't been anything to dismiss their legitimacy.

The price of the leaked Jabbas Throne Diorama was too cheap.  Wasn't it like $70 usd?  Way too cheap for a molded Jabba and 4 other minifigures.  I'm thinking the set numbers got swapped around as well.

First reaction: “Huh.”

I’m always at least pleasantly surprised whenever we see new sets that we (technically) didn’t know about. 

It’s a neat set. It works well with the Nebulon-B Frigate, as @KevinMD said. The price definitely feels like too much, though. 

4 minutes ago, Calvinw said:

The price of the leaked Jabbas Throne Diorama was too cheap.  Wasn't it like $70 usd?  Way too cheap for a molded Jabba and 4 other minifigures.  I'm thinking the set numbers got swapped around as well.

Yeah, I agree the price point seemed too low for this set. A mod on r/legoleak commented that a bunch of numbers have been moved around for the first half of the year, and also mentioned having seen an Endor helmet (possible confirmation?) due for May.

The set looks cool, but the price is awful — 70€ for a microscale model, using mostly tiny pieces, with no minifigures included? Should've been 50€, at most.