MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

My bet would be on a new minifig scale Death Star or Ewok Village. @Retro Brick Reviews already made a great case for the latter, and I think the Death Star speaks for itself. It's gonna happen again sooner or later.

I agree. I think a Death Star could also include a removable outer shell (something the 2008 and 2016 versions didn't include). 

Gonna be honest, the more I look at 10240 (UCS X-Wing - Second Edition), I am really looking forward to the rumored one in May. While the 2013 version is nice, I really hope they did a ground up re-make and not just tweaking the old structure. 

Hoping for a "glow-up" similar from the first to second UCS Y-Wing (though that may be admittedly ambitious). 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

9 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Gonna be honest, the more I look at 10240 (UCS X-Wing - Second Edition), I am really looking forward to the rumored one in May. While the 2013 version is nice, I really hope they did a ground up re-make and not just tweaking the old structure. 

Hoping for a "glow-up" similar from the first to second UCS Y-Wing (though that may be admittedly ambitious). 

Agreed. They are yet to get the shaping right. Even in the 2013 one the nose is wrong and the fuselage lacks the correct shape.

today promobricks channel have livestream and on thumbnail I see: ''new catalog''. I know that there is new catalog for march-june. Could this mean that they are going to show new star wars sets?

Edited by omegabadbatch

6 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

Could this mean that they are going to show new star wars sets?

Very unlikely. If there were any new sets in there, I think they‘d advertise it more :laugh:

10 hours ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I’d gladly spend $650 on a Sail Barge. (Well, not gladly, but I’d want it more than I’ve wanted any other Lego set ever.)

And it’s a ridiculous argument that Lego wouldn’t make a $650 Sail Barge, because they already made a $600 Razor Crest, which is a ship that appeared in 14 episodes of a show and is significantly less iconic than the Sail Barge. It’s also just a less appealing build with less minifigs.

Also if Lego is going to do a UCS Sail Barge, it would be really annoying for it to not be minifig scale. The Barge is 5 metres longer than the Razor Crest and 4.5 metres shorter than the Millennium Falcon. So they’d need to make it a really large minifig-scale set, or else there’s no point in making it larger than a $200 playset. 

For clarity, I’d absolutely love a large MBS Endor set, but Jabba’s Sail Barge definitely shouldn’t be any smaller than a $600 set if/when it’s released.

I guess I can see why they would opt for a more expensive Sail Barge like you suggested, but I really do not agree with the sentiment that the Sail Barge is more iconic than the Razorcrest. It's probably the single most iconic new Star Wars ship since the original trilogy, and I'd expect the layperson is more familiar with the RC than the Sail Barge. That doesn't necessarily matter since the average person isn't buying a $600+ Lego anyway, but to an extent Lego does try to go with what's popular, even with stuff like UCS. I think the fact that we still haven't gotten a UCS Sail Barge is a fairly good indicator that it's not among the most popular Star Wars ships. The scene it's in definitely is, but that doesn't make it inherently popular. 

The more I've thought about it the more I expect that the $650 set is going to be another Death Star, though I don't have a horse in the race since I'd never be able to afford the thing, whatever it is. It just seems like the kind of thing that Lego would want to have out since they know it'll sell, and unless it's completely redesigned it'll be less work to make too.

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Why would it be a new Bad Batch Shuttle, the old one isn't even retired???

It’s not retired? I thought it retired last year!

2 hours ago, Gontron said:

Is the 1083 piece set not related to Ahsoka? I thought it was. 

It’s not that’s why I’m confident for a gunship

Isn’t anyone sick of this fake “leaks” on legoleaks on instagram? There’s this guy called captain Rex that is saying there will be a captain Rex this summer, there’s this other guy saying commander Wolfe will be the May the fourth promo, there’s this other guy called bacarabricks saying it will be an Amazon exclusive UT-AT

when will they stop???

5 minutes ago, Matichado said:

Isn’t anyone sick of this fake “leaks” on legoleaks on instagram? There’s this guy called captain Rex that is saying there will be a captain Rex this summer, there’s this other guy saying commander Wolfe will be the May the fourth promo, there’s this other guy called bacarabricks saying it will be an Amazon exclusive UT-AT

when will they stop???

Lol yeah I was actually thinking this :laugh: 

I highly doubt we get a gunship this year tho fr

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Why would it be a new Bad Batch Shuttle, the old one isn't even retired???

It retired at the end of last year.

26 minutes ago, Matichado said:

It did. I always thought it strange to retire the show's flagship set just before Season 2 started. Even if Season 2 hadn't been delayed it still would have been as the show was airing.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

]It did. I always thought it strange to retire the show's flagship set just before Season 2 started. Even if Season 2 hadn't been delayed it still would have been as the show was airing.

Might not have sold well?

3 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Might not have sold well?

I can't say, but I'd be surprised if it hadn't. People seem to want the figs. I can't see it having sold more poorly than other sets that get longer runs. :shrug_oh_well:

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It retired at the end of last year.

It did. I always thought it strange to retire the show's flagship set just before Season 2 started. Even if Season 2 hadn't been delayed it still would have been as the show was airing.

Bad batch season 2 was originally listed to launch may 4th 2022, it was delayed multiple times.

43 minutes ago, Matichado said:

when will they stop???

Dare I say your expectations seem build on desire more than logic, I mean as I've said I'd like a gunship too but I think that would be a flagship set so it'd be listed with the others, and not an unknown. I expect it's from something new like skeleton crew or its a retailer exclusive but I guess time will tell. 

TBH there is a lot of nonsense on the Legoleaks hashtag, I tend to block the obvious bullshitters and I do follow FalconFan and Promobricks so they tend to have all the big description scoops it's only for images that I have to go on the hashtag. I do also find that the legoleaks2023 or whatever relevent year one is usually less cluttered but still tends to have the same info.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

The more I've thought about it the more I expect that the $650 set is going to be another Death Star, though I don't have a horse in the race since I'd never be able to afford the thing, whatever it is. It just seems like the kind of thing that Lego would want to have out since they know it'll sell, and unless it's completely redesigned it'll be less work to make too.

Horse in the race... Are you hinting at a canto bight D2C? :laugh:

(And for the record I agree with you about the razor crest)

someone told me that 1 bad batch set will be in May. He knew about indiana jones sets early and was right

Edited by omegabadbatch

1 minute ago, omegabadbatch said:

someone told me that 1 bad batch set will be in May. He knowed about indiana jones sets early and was right

Hmmm. Not sure about this one. Seems suspect, given username and vague details. 

1 hour ago, Matichado said:

when will they stop???

To be fair, the guy posting the Wolffe info is doing it as a spoof it seems. However, the guy posting about Rex is doing so claiming in some way to be correct and to be CodyLeaks from last year. 

23 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Hmmm. Not sure about this one. Seems suspect, given username and vague details.  

who? me or him? Actually he didnt say it to me. I was with him on group chat and he only wrote that there will be 1 bad batch set and nothing more. He wrote this 1 month ago. He changed his names often. Looks like he had catalog before 2023. He was giving informations about creator beacuse someone asked him how this set will look like

Edited by omegabadbatch

Very possible, but would say take that info with a grain of salt

Question, do y'all think the smaller Ahsoka set is the T-6 or the bigger one will be? If at all. I don't think that's a spoiler either.

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

49 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Bad batch season 2 was originally listed to launch may 4th 2022, it was delayed multiple times.

Dare I say your expectations seem build on desire more than logic, I mean as I've said I'd like a gunship too but I think that would be a flagship set so it'd be listed with the others, and not an unknown. I expect it's from something new like skeleton crew or its a retailer exclusive but I guess time will tell. 

TBH there is a lot of nonsense on the Legoleaks hashtag, I tend to block the obvious bullshitters and I do follow FalconFan and Promobricks so they tend to have all the big description scoops it's only for images that I have to go on the hashtag. I do also find that the legoleaks2023 or whatever relevent year one is usually less cluttered but still tends to have the same info.

Horse in the race... Are you hinting at a canto bight D2C? :laugh:

(And for the record I agree with you about the razor crest)

I do beleive that my gunship claim is logical, it’s the 20th aniversario of clone wars and they brought it upon themselves, it would make no sense to not release a gunship, but then again the sekeleton crew is also likely, if the gunship doesn’t release this year it will totally release on 2025

3 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I do beleive that my gunship claim is logical, it’s the 20th aniversario of clone wars and they brought it upon themselves, it would make no sense to not release a gunship, but then again the sekeleton crew is also likely, if the gunship doesn’t release this year it will totally release on 2025

I think their 20th anniversary clone wars stuff is done, basically the two buildable helmets...technically they did celebrate it! 

1 minute ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

There is no UCS sail barge in this year.

Ah, well, couldn't really see it happening this year anyway. Any hints as to what the set is? Or do we still not know?

5 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

There is no UCS sail barge in this year.

My biggest question still is...are we getting 327th clones in the swamp speeder??? :grin:

6 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

My biggest question still is...are we getting 327th clones in the swamp speeder??? :grin:

I really hope so 

I had this thought...what if they have commander Bly, one 327th trooper...and then a new Kit Fisto figure? Wouldn't make sense story-wise but I would love that. I suppose that's wishlisty?