MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, Meadius said:

I saw some people suggest that the $650 D2C could be the Sail Barge, but I cannot see that happening. Maybe I lack the right mindset but I just can't imagine why it would need to be that big. 

What about UCS Nebulon B? It is a set TLG have been thinking of doing, so they should have had a good prototype for at least 3 years sitting around and it did place in 2nd in the fan vote with Gunship already being released...

Pure speculation on my end

6 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

What about UCS Nebulon B? It is a set TLG have been thinking of doing, so they should have had a good prototype for at least 3 years sitting around and it did place in 2nd in the fan vote with Gunship already being released...

Pure speculation on my end

I don’t think it would have that many pieces…

9 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

Neither of those two.

Are you including the buildable Chewie in this discussion? 

36 minutes ago, storskogen said:

Any chance the Swamp Speeder will include plain white clones rather than clones from a specific legion?

Every chance. Would be the perfect opportunity; we can all agree it would sell amazingly and it’s certainly needed. 

But, by the same token because it’s obvious Lego won’t do that. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Well if the swamp speeder is based on a particular scene then if based on its brief Coruscant appearance in Ep3 then it could mean getting 41st Clones in their light grey markings - they don't have any extra markings on their helmets (just the arms torso and legs) so the helmets would be plain and could easily be used to make plain P2s together with the recent P1 bodies we got. Those grey 41st have had a fair few Hasbro action figures in the past too, so considering how Lego has seemingly liked to used Hasbro figures as inspiration in the past for obscure clones (Kashyyyk camo clones in standard P2 armour and the purple 187th) then there is a chance we'll get them... but I do think we could get almost any clone type (501st based with that Rex anyone? :head_back:). If we do get something based on a particular scene I'd bet on the 327th from Felucia as others have - helmet mould currently in production unlike Kashyyyk scouts, the 327th are less obscure than the grey 41st, & we have the macros needed for Bly brand new & in production too. I'd just hope we get Bly and at least one standard 327th rather than say just Bly and Aayla or something. I'd definitely want to try and build up at least a squad of standard 327th, they were always one of my favourite clone designs

I was thinking what new named characters we could potentially get throughout the entire year, and it looks rather bleak, unfortunately.

• The Mando sets in May could theoretically get away with a combination of Din, Grogu, Bo-katan, Greef, that leaked rando Mando, a Nikto pirate, and/or a TIE fighter pilot.
  • The dioramas are pretty much confirmed not to include any new characters.
  • The Yavin base simply cannot include anyone we haven‘t seen before. And even if it could, it’d be minor visually uninteresting background characters anyway.
  • Even the Ahsoka sets could get away without featuring anyone new, given how many characters from Rebels return here.
  • The Swamp Speeder could theoretically include Bly, but it might as well  be based on the Battle of Kashyyyk, who knows at this point.
  • The mechs and microfighter are also confirmed to feature characters we‘ve had countless times before.
  • Which leaves us with the Young Jedi Adventures set, which could feature up to four brand-new characters (five if you count the droid) :classic:

So yeah, our only confirmed saviour is the preschool set. Not sure whether to laugh or cry :laugh_hard:

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Has anyone considered that the $650 could be a new Death Star...? 

Absolutely or any other large MBS set. 650$  only for 5,400 pieces? Indicates for me a very large play set with tons of mini-figures.

Currently my predictions are 50/30/20 =Death Star/other MBS set/ UCS vehicle or ship   

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I was thinking what new named characters we could potentially get throughout the entire year, and it looks rather bleak, unfortunately.

• The Mando sets in May could theoretically get away with a combination of Din, Grogu, Bo-katan, Greef, that leaked rando Mando, a Nikto pirate, and/or a TIE fighter pilot.
  • The Yavin base simply cannot include anyone we haven‘t seen before. And even if it could, it’d be minor visually uninteresting background characters anyway.
  • Even the Ahsoka sets could get away without featuring anyone new, given how many characters from Rebels return here.
  • The Swamp Speeder could theoretically include Bly, but it might as well  be based on the Battle of Kashyyyk, who knows at this point.
  • The mechs and microfighter are also confirmed to feature characters we‘ve had countless times before.
  • Which leaves us with the Young Jedi Adventures set, which could feature up to four brand-new characters (five if you count the droid) :classic:

So yeah, our only confirmed saviour is the preschool set. Not sure whether to laugh or cry :laugh_hard:

The only reason Id get the swamp speeder (if they use Kashyyyk clones) is if Luminara or Quinlan are featured in it. If they re use Bariss Id be pretty annoyed.

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If the UCS/MBS set is Jabba’s Sail Barge it could theoretically include new interesting figures (if it’s Endor then the figures won’t be all that interesting)

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Whilst I’m certainly not afraid to bash Lego, I think this is somewhat a pessimistic take. 

The diorama’s are including some great figures - Jabba, Endor Leia etc. It’s not like they’re missing out on key characters, except Salacious maybe. 

The Mandalorian sets are still including new minifigures, even with the ones listed. We might have some interesting figures yet still. 

The Yavin Base has plenty of opportunities for new figures, and irrespective it’s a completely new set so we can’t really complain imo. I think many of us will appreciate the minor characters too e.g., Rebel Honour Guard, rebel generals etc. Hopefully the celebration figures will be there! 

Ahsoka will absolutely have new variants, and will almost certainly have new figures. 

The swamp speeder could be anything, and the helmets will be new even if it’s kashyyyk troopers. We haven’t had the phase II versions for a long time, anyway. 

Mechs - fair enough. 

So yes, named new characters perhaps, but at the same time the OT barely has any left, as does the prequels that make sense. Lego can’t make Disney make loads of new characters in their shows. 

Moreover, we still have other set numbers without names. This includes some UCS stuff, too. Something tells me they’re going to be really good. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Really glad we're finally getting a Yavin Base. We still haven't got a Mon Mothma figure despite her appearing in quite a few projects recently. The $650 set sounds insane. I'm hoping it's a D2C playset. 

14 minutes ago, gradatim said:

Absolutely or any other large MBS set. 650$  only for 5,400 pieces? Indicates for me a very large play set with tons of mini-figures.

Currently my predictions are 50/30/20 =Death Star/other MBS set/ UCS vehicle or ship   

Yeah, the last one retired in 2020 didn't it? So I think another one could be likely. Especially given how well the previous model sold. 

16 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

So yes, named new characters perhaps, but at the same time the OT barely has any left, as does the prequels that make sense. Lego can’t make Disney make loads of new characters in their shows. 

There are still plenty of gaps they could fill, but somehow don't seem to be interested in.

I know what I outlined is the worst case scenario, but it's sadly not outside the realm of possibility :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I fear EB has just been part of a cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm not the only one who's last track of the data over the past few days. But we've had some newer posters (FoggyFate & Renown) to the forum post leaks. Someone then took that info and posted it on Insta saying it came from EB. Then EB users talked about it like it was a certainty. Now, maybe all the "leaks" are accurate. Time will tell if FoggyFate and Renown gave us the right info. Sorry you two if you're on the money, but I've seen this happen too many times not to be a little skeptical.

Let's all take a deep breath and see if anyone else backs up these rumors before going further bonkers.

3 hours ago, storskogen said:

Any chance the Swamp Speeder will include plain white clones rather than clones from a specific legion?

I think from what we have seenans lego wanting to do a variety of legiosn( which is awesome). The bad batch is where we’re most likely to get them from 

Yeah no I completely understand being skeptical, that’s definitely smart. To try and clear things up the swampspeeder should be set 75359.

1 minute ago, FoggyFate said:

Yeah no I completely understand being skeptical, that’s definitely smart. To try and clear things up the swampspeeder should be set 75359.

That has 108 pieces?! 

My two cents:

• Mechs: not really interested of course, also since I still haven't warmed up to the new Vader helmet after all these years. Fingers crossed for a ROTJ Boba though since my most recent of that figure is from 2003(!), and maybe a new mold for that weird oversized stormie helmet but that probably won't happen.
  • Microfighter: could be fun but only when discounted below 10 euros.
  • Yavin IV base: I'm joining the camp of people who think it's somewhat neat but won't buy it.
  • Buildable Chewie: this one is the most hilarious from the bunch, especially considering the price point.
  • Swamp speeder: this could be a cool and will probably turn out to be the target of clone milking. Since I missed out on earlier versions of the Kashyyyk phase II clones (I didn't like their helmet molds back then, I was dumb) I wouldn't mind having them but I'd like almost any clone battalion. As long as it isn't the 501st or 212th it's fine with me.

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

That has 108 pieces?! 

Yeah I was definitely hoping it’d at least be the $35 set, but it seems that’s something else.

Just now, FoggyFate said:

Yeah I was definitely hoping it’d at least be the $35 set, but it seems that’s something else.

Oh wow, sounds like a 4+ build. Crikey. What’s the other?;) 

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Oh wow, sounds like a 4+ build. Crikey. What’s the other?;) 

Oh dear....lol well never mind then for that set. Helps me save for the Ahoska sets, so not too upsetting.

7 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Well at least it will make it easier to army build, but I would imagine that it would be closer to 75035 scale than 8091 or maybe somewhere in between.

11 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

So it’s the size of the 2014 battlepack 😐
(As long as the set is based on 327th Troopers+Bly it’s a home run still even if it’s lackluster)

Edited by Legofan2001

Just now, Legofan2001 said:

So it’s the size of the 2014 battlepack 😐

Literally though.