MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I get you, there are of course disadvantages of having molded heads in terms of configuratons and customing as well, but there are some molds that also have close to human heads like the ugnaught and maz kanata, so like you say, especially the Klaatoinians are in the border region. But mostly mr criticism of depicting niktos and weequays is that lego can release them without a headpiece, if they would have made an nice hairpiece instead of printing the hair on the torso it would had been much better, this printing hair is move that really disturbs me. 

I agree, although for characters with a ponytail coming out of the back of their head there’s not much they can do there, since it can’t attach to anything.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Definitely won't be a part of the D2C.

I suppose it has been pretty long since we got a Desert Skiff tho, huh?

I think it's a very likely option for an August set.

Why not? The minifig pool thins down quite a bit if you only include characters that were on the Khetanna, and it would be pretty weird to have a giant Sail Barge D2C that doesn’t include Han, Chewbacca, or Lando. Maybe they include one skiff with the set and another separately? That also removes the inconvenience of ending up with two sarlacc pits. 

Actually, lego_minecraft_goat's post included two set numbers: 75355 (a 240€ May UCS set) and 75361 (a set we haven't heard of until now) — with an image of an N-1 Starfighter underneath it.

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Actually, lego_minecraft_goat's post included two set numbers: 75355 (a 240€ May UCS set) and 75361 (a set we haven't heard of until now) — with an image of an N-1 Starfighter underneath it.

We already knew about 75355 being the May UCS set, which is why I left that detail out.

…oh. I didn‘t realise this could of course also hint at the N-1 being 75355 rather than 75361 :laugh_hard: But wouldn‘t they have used a picture of the old „UCS“ set in that case?

10 hours ago, wesker said:

Hopefully the names of the summer wave sets start leaking soon. I'm curious how they will approach the Desert Skiff - included with the Sail Barge or released separately like Luke's Landspeeder was with the Cantina?

My interpretation of why we didn't get Luke's Landspeeders was because we got the two other speeders, neither of which would really work in any non-Cantina set, so it makes sense to include those, since that's pretty much the only way we'd ever get them.  So, I feel like the skiff is more of a question of whether or not this thing will be MBS in style (and include several minifigures + a playset-like interior) or UCS in style.  If it's the former, I would think that a skiff (or two) and Sarlacc pit are extremely likely given the rumored piece count.

I wonder what this "controversial" thing is all about.  If I remember right, only three or four of the set numbers were included in the new "gimmick" line, so maybe the rest are all remakes?  I would't necessarily hate that, if it's still we haven't had for a while, at least.

46 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We already knew about 75355 being the May UCS set, which is why I left that detail out.

…oh. I didn‘t realise this could of course also hint at the N-1 being 75355 rather than 75361 :laugh_hard: But wouldn‘t they have used a picture of the old „UCS“ set in that case?

My point exactly.

Including two set numbers without any context over that picture does create a bit of confusion. Unless both of them are N-1 :tongue:

Hopefully its system scale. Its been ages since we've had a yellow N1 Starfighter and we're long overdue for a Theed Battle Padme minifigure.

7 minutes ago, wesker said:

Hopefully its system scale. Its been ages since we've had a yellow N1 Starfighter and we're long overdue for a Theed Battle Padme minifigure.

I would take any and all amidala/padme figures. You could have a cmf series just of here. Easily the most neglected character in my opinion.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

2 hours ago, ginja said:

I would take any and all amidala/padme figures. You could have a cmf series just of here. Easily the most neglected character in my opinion.

Agreed. Despite having way over 100 Star Wars sets, I still don't have a single Padme, and a Theed Battle version would be more than ideal, because it's much less scene-specific than things like the ripped shirt one from AOTC or the Queen outfit from TPM. Very strange how little sets she's in. I'm rather eager for this potential new N-1 set.

lego_minecraft_goat just backpedalled, he used the N-1 just as a background image, nothing more :shrug_oh_well:

Not too sad about that, to be honest

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

That seemed like a really weird rumor when we just got the Mandalorian version last year. Obviously they aren't exactly the same but I can't remember many times when Lego had more than one version of a ship on sale at the same time (aside from UCS of course).

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

That seemed like a really weird rumor when we just got the Mandalorian version last year. Obviously they aren't exactly the same but I can't remember many times when Lego had more than one version of a ship on sale at the same time (aside from UCS of course).

Poe's and the generic T-70. But I agree, it was very unlikely we'd get mando's and the standard N-1 on shelves at the same time. 

On 2/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I agree, although for characters with a ponytail coming out of the back of their head there’s not much they can do there, since it can’t attach to anything.

Yepp! however it would be supercool if lego changed the design for a normal lego head placed the stud on the back, or they good make a bald headpiece with a ponytail on the back of it.

Also what I forgot to say its that also just because o particular spiecis har used a standard lego head doesnt mean they will do that forever, look at the tusken raider for example. Also the case for the green character in SpongeBob.

Just to pop this particular balloon before it gets any traction: the same joker that made those fake force ghost pieces last year is at it again with fake leaks :tongue: Don‘t fall for it, guys

56 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just to pop this particular balloon before it gets any traction: the same joker that made those fake force ghost pieces last year is at it again with fake leaks :tongue: Don‘t fall for it, guys

Gosh, what're they trying this time? Are any people still falling for it?

Legohio has posted a couple of fairly reasonable set descriptions for summer 2024. But of course, it's way too early to get any information for summer 2024, and Legohio is a notorious troll. So they're not to be believed in the slightest.

Yeah, they're of course fake. Though tbh the guy doesn't bother me as much because he's openly admitting he makes fake leaks, and his alt builds are pretty cool.

Now, the jokers who double and triple down on fake rumors, they get to me. Which is, of course, the point.

So to recap the past week or so:

Sail Barge- Almost certainly real, might be coming this year?

N-1- not real.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, they're of course fake. Though tbh the guy doesn't bother me as much because he's openly admitting he makes fake leaks, and his alt builds are pretty cool.

Yeah, I won’t deny he’s got some pretty strong alternate builds, which are actually a pretty neat building style when you consider it. With that said, it’s his homophobia that gets me…

In any case, I’m sure we’ll see the actual set list soon, considering Promobricks knows it and tongues have been loose as of late. 

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

BTW, is the rumour for the sail barge for the may or september ucs? 

Neither--if it's coming at all, it's more likely 2024 than this year.

2 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Gosh, what're they trying this time? Are any people still falling for it?

Snowspeeder Hangar - 571ps - US$59.99

General Grievous Chase - 532ps - US$74.99

UCS Tantive IV - 6244ps - US$699.99

I checked the replies. Nobody believes him, although I'll give him this; he has the art of unreasonably priced Grievous sets down pact.

51 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

All B.S.

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I checked the replies. Nobody believes him, although I'll give him this; he has the art of unreasonably priced Grievous sets down pact.

I don’t even know what you could put in a grievous chase to make it $75 unless it has like a platform with paun’s/boga but still.I’d much rather just have the “chase”.

Edited by Displayedaction

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

:jollyroger:

At least he's not fooling people anymore.