MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

TheĀ "Princess Leia helmet" (Boushh) helmet looks amazing!

Edited by lomis

Gotta love TLG's continued bogus "Clone Wars 20th Anniversary" celebration. They have barely touched most of the actual films' milestone anniversaries, yet here they are with 2008+ CG Clone Wars related-ish material (ish because the battle pack wasn't even based on actual Clone Wars but Battlefront), marking 20 years since an inconsequential and later retconned web series.

I'm not mad at the actual products at all - the Battlepack and getting some popular Clone helmets for the helmet line are great - but it just continues the feeling that the Star Wars design team doesn't really care about specifics.

Anyway, nice to see a RotJ helmet for the RotJ anniversary, given that it's something that actually appeared in the movie. Though, why is the whole top section brown? In the very stills features in the box, it's obvious that the whole top section is metallic/silvery.

Boushh looks great too! If I were to get any helmets, Cody and Rex would be the ones. I will mull it over for now. For me, this is the best helmet wave yet. Again, just my opinion on the matter. Looking forward to the dioramas!

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Gotta love TLG's continued bogus "Clone Wars 20th Anniversary" celebration. They have barely touched most of the actual films' milestone anniversaries, yet here they are with 2008+ CG Clone Wars related-ish material (ish because the battle pack wasn't even based on actual Clone Wars but Battlefront), marking 20 years since an inconsequential and later retconned web series.

I'm not mad at the actual products at all - the Battlepack and getting some popular Clone helmets for the helmet line are great - but it just continues the feeling that the Star Wars design team doesn't really care about specifics.

Anyway, nice to see a RotJ helmet for the RotJ anniversary, given that it's something that actually appeared in the movie. Though, why is the whole top section brown? In the very stills features in the box, it's obvious that the whole top section is metallic/silvery.

The underlying problem (as I see it at least) is that year-in, year-out people see an anniversary logo and, despite all the previous years' evidence to the contrary, immediately jump to the conclusion that they're somehow getting loads of sets to commemorate that anniversary...Ā entire waves of sets, giant enormous flagship sets, UCS sets, MBS sets, and the like... when the reality is that LEGO has never ever everĀ ever done anything consequential or particularly logicalĀ to mark these anniversaries, other than a logo that Lucasfilm probably insisted that they use, resulting in an obligatory battle pack or application to a mismatched product (TIE Bomber, anyone?).

Anyone expecting more than this is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It'd definitely be challenging ā€“ although I meant Kylo Ren in general, not necessarily with his cracked helmet.

He's one of the most popular Star Wars characters, his helmet would be in at least top 5 most popular ones from this universe.

And for some weird reason, LEGO has done a Darktrooper helmet, but not a Kylo Ren oneĀ :tongue:

It's because it's from the sequels, I'd guess. Not a particularly popular time period. We know lego likes to open new lines or sublines with the OT. My guess is now that they've opened it to mando and clones we'll see a kylo helmet next year or the year after.

Though that said, the Boushh helmet confuses me. It looks excellent, it's just not exactly the most iconic helmet.

Anyone else see that video they put out for the clone helmets? It's a nice little touch.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though that said, the Boushh helmet confuses me. It looks excellent, it's just not exactly the most iconic helmet.

I agree, the Boussh helmet is outstanding. I imagine they picked it to line up with the 40th ROTJ Anniversary. Iconic? Perhaps not. Certainly engaging, though,Ā and I'd argue instantly recognizable for many Star Wars fans.Ā 

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the helmet is fantastic and unique and well executed in its design.

I also think it wonā€™t perform as well as some helmets in sales which is a shame, but time will tell on that. Cody and Rex Iā€™m fairly confident will have a wider appeal, but Iā€™m very glad to get a less iconic helmet like Boushh in the line up.
Ā 

To me it shows the theme has plenty of the source material thatĀ may be viable options for future sets.

So glad to get a Boussh helmet, so much better than what would have been Leiaā€™s Endor helmet.

I was hoping this was coming out when they did the helmets linked to ROTJ.

3 minutes ago, Seasider said:

So glad to get a Boussh helmet, so much better than what would have been Leiaā€™s Endor helmet.

I was hoping this was coming out when they did the helmets linked to ROTJ.

The rumoured set number for the Endor Helmet is 75356, which is not the same as the Boushh one.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be fair, the 20th anniversary logo/packaging isn't a TLG-exclusive thing. Other companies are making CW Season 3 Ahsoka figurines and Magnaguards for the 20th. LEGO is just another company making products for what is likely a Lucasfilm requested anniversary celebration. I would love to see some more 2003 CW sets though like the 2015 Anakin's Starfighter.Ā 

Given the Boushh helmet, can we expect that Boushh Leia in the diorama will have her helmet? That is in my opinion one of the finest SW minigures.

6 minutes ago, storskogen said:

Given the Boushh helmet, can we expect that Boushh Leia in the diorama will have her helmet? That is in my opinion one of the finest SW minigures.

I don't know if the boushh helmet is evidence of it, but given that Chewie's supposed to be included I'd say the helmet will definately be in it, since it's representing the "he's holding a thermal detonator" scene

All the helmets look great I think. I like how Cody's helmet doesn't have the exaggerated proportions of the animated series, at least to the extent it could have done.

The Boushh helmet is nice as it's an unusual shape and in colours that will stand out next to the rest of the helmets. I don't know if I'll buy one, but it's good to have some variation - same goes for Rex's blue highlights.

Managed to preorder Rex and Cody but strangely Boussh disappeared from the U.K. store while I was trying to preorderĀ 

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Managed to preorder Rex and Cody but strangely Boussh disappeared from the U.K. store while I was trying to preorderĀ 

It's back now :thumbup:

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

To be fair, the 20th anniversary logo/packaging isn't a TLG-exclusive thing. Other companies are making CW Season 3 Ahsoka figurines and Magnaguards for the 20th. LEGO is just another company making products for what is likely a Lucasfilm requested anniversary celebration.

Well alright, it's a bogus Lucasfilm celebration then (why not celebrate 15 years of the CG animated show that's still continuing through its spinoff?), but LEGO marketing is who wrote the ludicrous press release for these helmets that goes so far as mentioning celebrating AotC, which had its 20th last year.

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since when is Boushhā€™s helmet not iconic? Virtually everything in Star Wars is instantly recognisable :laugh:

I don't know man, it could also very well be a Breen helmet from Star TrekĀ :grin:

The new helmets look great and I'll definitely pick up the Rex & Cody on day 1. Boushh is an interesting choice and more than iconic enough to warrant its inclusion in a relatively new line of sets. Also, the video they dropped for the clone helmets includes a reference to CT-5555, (Fives) otherwise known as the single greatest clone ever. This means they know who he is and choose not to make a fig. I pray they change their mind about him and we get a fig or some of the other popular clonesĀ at some point.

18 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Well alright, it's a bogus Lucasfilm celebration then (why not celebrate 15 years of the CG animated show that's still continuing through its spinoff?), but LEGO marketing is who wrote the ludicrous press release for these helmets that goes so far as mentioning celebrating AotC, which had its 20th last year.

I think the sets were already planned before the celebration and they are just tacking them on to take advantage of the marketing. Really though this whole celebration is confusing, why not just celebrate 15 years of TCW if you're primarily marketing it instead of the multimedia project? I guarantee a small set with Fordo, Kenobi, and some regular P1 clones would still sell incredibly well if the recent Fighter Tank is anything to go by.Ā Ā