MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

75360 ($35, 253 pieces) could easily be a V-wing, which would almost certainly include a TK Trooper (or a P2 Shiny).

Well, that would be fun!

Just finished building the new 501st set actually like it better in person,may buy a couple of these.The binoculars look so clean on the 212th troopers it’s really nice.Wish the officer came with a cloth Kama though.

Was just looking @ 75337. I don't think it would be too hard to make an Imperial Cody .Take the helmet and legs from the Gunner, use a Grey visor. The torso might be a bit of an issue, but I think any plain clone torso would do. What do u think?

6 hours ago, pbagg said:

Was just looking @ 75337. I don't think it would be too hard to make an Imperial Cody .Take the helmet and legs from the Gunner, use a Grey visor. The torso might be a bit of an issue, but I think any plain clone torso would do. What do u think?

Welcome to eurobricks! Don't want to get off topic, but yeah, that should work pretty well.

I know we won't get images for some time, but I hope we at least get that diorama info sorted soon. I'd like to know if it's jabba's throne room, the DS2 throne room, or both.

Yeah, I’m starting to be concerned about the possibility of us not getting a Jabba’s Throne Room diorama. We haven’t heard any updates on that rumor in a while and no one seems to be including it in the set number lists.

Just now, The Stud said:

Yeah, I’m starting to be concerned about the possibility of us not getting a Jabba’s Throne Room diorama. We haven’t heard any updates on that rumor in a while and no one seems to be including it in the set number lists.

True, but if you remember last year the same thing happened with the republic fighter tank, it was rumoured and then we heard nothing.  I'm sure I remember a lot of people thinking it was fake due to it including 187th troopers but it turned out to be real. 

Just now, Legoman123 said:

True, but if you remember last year the same thing happened with the republic fighter tank, it was rumoured and then we heard nothing.  I'm sure I remember a lot of people thinking it was fake due to it including 187th troopers but it turned out to be real. 

Yeah, that’s a good point. And I feel more confident in Stonewars than I ever have in GreekBricks, so there’s that going for it.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

Or should we be more concerned about getting a brick-built Jabba instead of a new mold. That would be truly frightening. 🫣

2 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

Or should we be more concerned about getting a brick-built Jabba instead of a new mold. That would be truly frightening. 🫣

I highly doubt they would do that, it would be the same mold as they've used before or a new mold that's similar.

Edited by ToaDraco

Well I got my hands on one of the new 501st Battle Packs (quite exhilarating to find on a mainstream store's shelf here in Australia), and I've got to say... the holes don't look like much of a big deal in person. When you look at really close up images in reviews and videos, the holes make the shape of the helmet look a bit funky, but in person they don't really.

That said, the classic visors do look a bit wide - they work enough for Phase I but the visors on Phase II (including Cody's) are way more tapered. The rangefinder is also a little bit weird when folded down at 90 degrees, but not terrible.

The worst thing about all of these figures' designs, as many people have said, is the lack of cloth Kama. If they wanted to go printed, they at least needed to commit to printing the side of the legs. As is just looks so lazy.

I still can't believe it's up to $20 US (or almost $30 AUD) for these little packs that used to be cheap.

16 hours ago, BitByBrick said:

Yeah, a brick-build Jabba would be horrible. I mean, i have seen very good mocs of brickbuild Jabbas of that size but in a set i would prefer a molded one. If i remember correctly neither Promobricks nor Stonewars was 100% sure about Jabba's Throne Room and there may have been some "throne room confusion", but i hope we'll find out soon :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, a brick-build Jabba would be horrible. I mean, i have seen very good mocs of brickbuild Jabbas of that size but in a set i would prefer a molded one. 

100% agreed. You can make a solid case for a brickbuilt Rancor or other creatures of similar sizes, but anything smaller often looks pretty bizarre, Porgs being a rare exception in my eyes. None of the brickbuilt versions of Jabba I’ve seen look nearly as good as the 2012 moulded one.

Apparently there will be a 212th Trooper comming soon with the Lego Star Wars Magazines across Europe. Promobricks reports one was sighted in a Italian catalouge. Should bring the price down for army builders :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

That's nice, but also an indication that the price of the magazines will most probably go up again.

Why

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Why

Two reasons. First, the fact that in the preview of the recent issue, the cover of the next issue is pictured but without the price which can normally also be found on the cover. This is a deviation from previous issues by the way.

The second reason is the desirable minifigures. Next week's issue will include Bo-Katan and if the above info is correct, the one after that a 212st clone trooper. That could be a move to prevent a loss of sales.

But as of now this is all speculation as far as I know.

Jabbas Throne Room diorama will have Boushh, Jabba, Bib, Chewie and C3PO as figures with a brick built Carbonite Han Solo block. $70 for may 1st. 

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

Two reasons. First, the fact that in the preview of the recent issue, the cover of the next issue is pictured but without the price which can normally also be found on the cover. This is a deviation from previous issues by the way.

Nah, the price and issue number and what is in the small field is always blacked out in the preview of the next issue.

1 hour ago, Big_Daddy said:

The second reason is the desirable minifigures. Next week's issue will include Bo-Katan and if the above info is correct, the one after that a 212st clone trooper. That could be a move to prevent a loss of sales.

There were desirable minifigures before without a price increase. We'll see.

Max Rebo minifig seems to be back in production. I can only see 1 scenario in which he'd be included: something to do with Jabba's sail barge. Now, whether that will be it's own set or maybe a part of the May the 4th GWP (maybe a part of the sail barge with Max in it) I'm not sure. Could be something else entirely. Glad he's back though, I don't have him yet and I'm not willing to shell out so much money for him on 2nd hand market

Edited by Alpha Draconis
Rebo is written with one "e", apparently

26 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Jabbas Throne Room diorama will have Boushh, Jabba, Bib, Chewie and C3PO as figures with a brick built Carbonite Han Solo block. $70 for may 1st. 

Thanks.

By brick-built, you mean a printed/stickered 1x2x5 like the mando and BOBF ones, or actually a brick-built design for han himself?

4 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Max Rebo minifig seems to be back in production. I can only see 1 scenario in which he'd be included: something to do with Jabba's sail barge. Now, whether that will be it's own set or maybe a part of the May the 4th GWP (maybe a part of the sail barge with Max in it) I'm not sure. Could be something else entirely. Glad he's back though, I don't have him yet and I'm not willing to shell out so much money for him on 2nd hand market

Where are you seeing this? (Just since re-producing an existing fig with no new prints is so easy to fake)

On 1/16/2023 at 2:41 PM, The Stud said:

Forget I said this lol.

Glad to hear further confirmation that this set is happening. I’m really looking forward to finally getting a Lego Jabba, as well as a Boushh Leia. Kinda funny that we’ve come full circle from Carbonite Han being a brick to being a specialized mold to being a brick again, but honestly I’m not too bothered.

I still need to get caught up on last year’s diorama sets, but I look forward to getting these new ROTJ ones at some point this year.

4 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Max Reebo minifig seems to be back in production. I can only see 1 scenario in which he'd be included: something to do with Jabba's sail barge. Now, whether that will be it's own set or maybe a part of the May the 4th GWP (maybe a part of the sail barge with Max in it) I'm not sure. Could be something else entirely. Glad he's back though, I don't have him yet and I'm not willing to shell out so much money for him on 2nd hand market

I heard about this as well, specifically the molded head being brought back and potentially being used in a set by the end of 2024. I think a Sail Barge is possible for this year (though not as likely as some other large set options), but my guess is that they’re bringing back this mold to use for one of the Skeleton Crew characters. I recall hearing a rumor that one of the kids in that show would be of the same species as Max Rebo and it stands to reason that Lego would already be designing a Skeleton Crew set and its accompanying minifigures for a 2024 release.

I also heard about Lego apparently testing out the Poggle the Lesser mold last year, meaning that if it was to be reused in a set, it would be used this year. So we could potentially be getting a Geonosis Duel remake or MAYBE a Geonosis Arena in the not-so-distant future.

31 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Jabba is still a moulded part, thank the maker!! :classic: Carbonite Han being brickbuilt sounds weird though. You gain (or rather keep) some, you lose some :shrug_oh_well:

I love that Han Solo carbonite is going back to being brick built. The original carbonite piece has to be one of my all time favorite Lego pieces. Accurate? Not quite but god am I being blinded by nostalgia. Hopefully the Rebo means UCS Sail Barge, though my wallet would beg for mercy after all these leaks over the last week.