MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

That kind of thing does happen occasionally. Copies of 10188 produced after 2010 used the new Han face print, for example. But it's not very common and mostly only happens with sets that're in production for an unusually long time and have had multiple production runs. It hasn't been long enough for 2021/22 sets to have been updated like that yet.

The Finch Dallow thing was a different situation, I think, since that was an entirely different minifigure rather than just a slightly different print. That's the only time they've ever updated the box art to reflect such a change, as far as I know--in all other cases the change was because LEGO internally considered the parts interchangable.

I was under the impression that they never actually changed the box art to show Dallow, part of what makes it difficult to buy a sealed box that as Dallow in it.

Edited by Archer

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I was under the impression that they never actually changed the box art to show Dallow. 

I think they did eventually but it was a very short time before the set retired. I feel like there was an interim period where they were using the old boxes/manuals with the Dallow figure...but my memory is a bit hazy there

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was under the impression that they never actually changed the box art to show Dallow. 

My understanding is that there are some sets out there that have the Finch minifig with the original box art, but there definitely are boxes with Finch on them as well. https://cdn.rebrickable.com/media/thumbs/sets/75188-2/56973.jpg/1000x800p.jpg?1666375000.6492016

jjpsleaksite shared a rumor on his insta of set 40623 titled "Heroes of the Battle of Endor" releasing 5/1. I hadn't heard of this yet... what in the world is it? Diorama?

1 minute ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

jjpsleaksite shared a rumor on his insta of set 40623 titled "Heroes of the Battle of Endor" releasing 5/1. I hadn't heard of this yet... what in the world is it? Diorama?

BrickHeadz :tongue:

21 hours ago, dvw2 said:

Considering the ongoing Bad Batch season: thoughts on whether we’ll see any TK Troopers show up in sets this year? The armor design was introduced in season 1, so presumably there’s been time to figure out a minifig translation.

New trooper variants are always a goldmine for Lego Star Wars minifigures, so never say never. It would be nice to see Lego have another crack at some of the main Bad Batch characters too. 

With the Harry Potter summer list being revealed by Promobricks, hopefully one for Star Wars isn’t too far behind and we’ll see it in the next few weeks. I’m sure a lot of the sets corresponding with new shows will be unconfirmed for now in a similar manner to how the initial Summer 2022 set list got out last February.  

I am curious to see what LEGO will do as a UCS/MBS set to replace the Death Star.  Whilst they haven't explicitly said that there would be something I'm sure there will have to be something.  The Death Star was available from 2008 all the way up until the beginning of 2022.  

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I am curious to see what LEGO will do as a UCS/MBS set to replace the Death Star.  Whilst they haven't explicitly said that there would be something I'm sure there will have to be something.  The Death Star was available from 2008 all the way up until the beginning of 2022.  

I believe it retired earlier than that, like early-mid 2021, which leads me to believe that either whatever was supposed to replace it was replaced with the Razor Crest or they just don't have something in line to replace it. The death star used to be special because it was a massive playset, but MBS sets have filled the gap of "large location", and we really don't get SW "playset" locations much at all anymore. Last one I can think of is the 2020 throne room.

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

The Death Star retired like two years ago. I’m sure we’ll get a new one in the next few years. Maybe in 2027 to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of Star Wars.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe it retired earlier than that, like early-mid 2021, which leads me to believe that either whatever was supposed to replace it was replaced with the Razor Crest or they just don't have something in line to replace it. The death star used to be special because it was a massive playset, but MBS sets have filled the gap of "large location", and we really don't get SW "playset" locations much at all anymore. Last one I can think of is the 2020 throne room.

I think a Jedi Temple is long overdue.  It could be done in the same way as The Death Star was and be a MBS, it would be a good swap.  Yes, wasn't there a rumour last year about a ROTJ Sail Barge, Palace and Endor set? 

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I think a Jedi Temple is long overdue.  It could be done in the same way as The Death Star was and be a MBS, it would be a good swap.  Yes, wasn't there a rumour last year about a ROTJ Sail Barge, Palace and Endor set? 

Man I feel bad to keep going over this, because I know from all your posts you really want an MBS jedi temple, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. We'll probably get some of the remaining OT sets first (Jabba's palace or barge, endor, Yavin, maybe a real Hoth), or some more fitting prequel sets like Pentaki. 

I don't think there were any reliable rumors about those releasing just based on the fact that we usually don't know what the 2HY MBS is anywhere near that early on, but they do make sense as some pretty clear options for the next MBS set.

Seeing the Harry Potter leaks, I can’t wait to see summer wave news. I’m hoping for some real quality this time around, considering I felt the summer wave was fairly poor all things considered. 

9 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Seeing the Harry Potter leaks, I can’t wait to see summer wave news. I’m hoping for some real quality this time around, considering I felt the summer wave was fairly poor all things considered. 

That’ll be a while though, as the 2HY sets are scheduled for August and September. Doubt we’ll see a list before March :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We'll probably get some of the remaining OT sets first (Jabba's palace or barge, endor, Yavin, maybe a real Hoth), or some more fitting prequel sets like Petranaki.

Dare I ask how the hell Petranaki is more fitting than the jedi temple? We see alot more of the temple across 3 movies and several shows. It has more iconicity. More major characters have been there. More name recognition.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love either or both, but I don't really get why Petranaki is supposedly more fitting? Is it just because of the youngling scene?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’ll be a while though, as the 2HY sets are scheduled for August and September. Doubt we’ll see a list before March :sceptic:

We got a list in February last year though. And we got snippets of news for the August 2020 wave throughout the early months of that year. 

14 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Yes, wasn't there a rumour last year about a ROTJ Sail Barge, Palace and Endor set? 

Not a rumor but there was speculation. Personally, I could definitely see us getting Endor and we're already rumored to be getting Jabba's Palace represented in a diorama set (which we haven't heard anything about in a hot minute), plus Boba's Throne Room is still around. I don't see us getting a new Sail Barge over a Gunship or something from the newer shows.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Trust me, news will be here sooner than expected. Not as immediate as I’d like, but soon. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Trust me, news will be here sooner than expected. Not as immediate as I’d like, but soon. 

Most likely with a lot of unconfirmed set names if they’re based on unreleased media, just like how it was when Promobricks released their set list last February. 
I can’t wait to find out what’s in store though!

Out of curiosity, what aspects of the 2022 summer wave fell short in your opinion? I thought it was a pretty good wave all in all with some duds like the Mapuzo Duel. However, having the Justifier as the flagship set felt like a misfire. If anything, I hope the flagship set this year isn’t another oversized grey ship with minimal interior space.

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Dare I ask how the hell Petranaki is more fitting than the jedi temple? We see alot more of the temple across 3 movies and several shows. It has more iconicity. More major characters have been there. More name recognition.

I mean don't get me wrong I'd love either or both, but I don't really get why Petranaki is supposedly more fitting? Is it just because of the youngling scene?

I agree that the Temple seems more likely; but there are some advantages to Petranaki that are hard to overlook in my opinion. Probably the biggest one is that it could be done justice at a much cheaper price than a lot of other locations, like the Temple. I doubt anyone would expect a Petranaki set to come with the whole arena, whereas a lot of people would take issue with the Temple not having a full exterior (which would push up the price significantly). And while the Temple is pretty iconic, I don't think any one seen that takes place there is more iconic than the battle at the arena. 

Personally I think that the Temple still has the edge since it seems to be more popular with Prequel fans and has a lot of room for creative design, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got Petranaki first (assuming we ever get any Prequel MBS sets).

Funny how the same D2C set ideas keep popping up every year :snicker: A Jedi Temple is not gonna happen anytime, folks. Massive buildings are not exactly what most people are looking for in a SW set. Also, they’re not going to include 20 Jedi in a single set.

And the Petranaki arena would work better as a regular set with only part of the facade, since most of the battleground where the action takes place is just empty space, minus the pillars. Unless you want it to be microscale à la Colosseum :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

22 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

It's a large building where most of the scenes are just characters sitting around and talking, with the only action scene being "anakin commits genocide and kills a bunch of kids." Now I personally think any movie or show content is fair game for SW, but knowing lego, they'd never make a set of that scene, or even include 501st troopers in a jedi temple set.

Pentaki has a fairly iconic scene taking place in it. I'd wager more people remember the arena scene more fondly (and just more in general) than "the council sits around discussing X". And as a smaller point, it's much easier for them to put clones in Pentaki, being the attack of the clones and all (And the aforementioned fact that the clones and jedi temple are associated with the youngling-murder, something lego probably wouldn't make a set for for better or worse), and by far the bestselling prequel sets are those in which clone troopers are a focal point. Does it mean the bestselling D2C would be kamino? No. As with the temple, the movies don't have many iconic or dynamic scenes there. But it is a point in favor of the arena.

I'd love a Jedi Council diorama, but I don't think the temple will ever receive a set on the scale of an MBS.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Man I feel bad to keep going over this, because I know from all your posts you really want an MBS jedi temple, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. We'll probably get some of the remaining OT sets first (Jabba's palace or barge, endor, Yavin, maybe a real Hoth), or some more fitting prequel sets like Pentaki. 

I don't think there were any reliable rumors about those releasing just based on the fact that we usually don't know what the 2HY MBS is anywhere near that early on, but they do make sense as some pretty clear options for the next MBS set.

It's a yearly post that I always thought we would get one, but I think in my head I know you are right.:laugh:  There are certain things I never understood why lego haven't done and the temple and taboo cruiser are both two of them.

On 1/11/2023 at 9:45 PM, dvw2 said:

Considering the ongoing Bad Batch season: thoughts on whether we’ll see any TK Troopers show up in sets this year? The armor design was introduced in season 1, so presumably there’s been time to figure out a minifig translation.

75360 ($35, 253 pieces) could easily be a V-wing, which would almost certainly include a TK Trooper (or a P2 Shiny). 

22 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Do you know something, or are you just speculating?