MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If she's has seen a physical figs and not just the video game one, it'd be one of the strangest ways to find out about a new set.

But I say bring it on, loved Andor and would be glad for it to get more sets.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

If she's has seen a physical figs and not just the video game one, it'd be one of the strangest ways to find out about a new set.

Yup. Loved the finale, and I would love more sets given how lackluster the existing one is.

I hope if we do get her, we get her overcoat. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. Loved the finale, and I would love more sets given how lackluster the existing one is.

I hope if we do get her, we get her overcoat. 

Is there any way that the mystery imperial in the Tie Bomber could be her? It would be an odd inclusion, to be sure, but as a throw-in figure it could work?

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Is there any way that the mystery imperial in the Tie Bomber could be her? It would be an odd inclusion, to be sure, but as a throw-in figure it could work?

IIRC it’s Rae Sloane

3 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It's sloane.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

IIRC it’s Rae Sloane

Well, I should clarify. Regardless of what it says on the box, if it's a white uniform, it's sloane. If it's a gray uniform (and yes I know she did wear a gray uniform around that time but it's not what she's known for) my guess is it was just a random imp officer originally and then they decided to say it was sloane.

Oh, and @BrickBob Studpants, they did have a new trooper variant after all.

Spoiler

Syril Karn is the empire's first Simptrooper. 

I'm so torn on whether or not that guy is the "hero of his own story" or just a grade A creepo.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Reveal hidden contents

Syril Karn is the empire's first Simptrooper. 

I'm so torn on whether or not that guy is the "hero of his own story" or just a grade A creepo.

Good one :laugh_hard:

Isn’t everybody the hero of their own story though? I’d say he’s that AND a creep AND a simp :tongue:

Seriously, I hope they will finally justify his existence in S2. Still no idea what the point of all these cereal munching henpecking scenes was. By far the weakest part of the entire show

As much as I’d like for this to be indirect confirmation of at least one more Andor set, I’d guess the actress is either referring to the Skywaker Saga DLC or a custom minifigure. Unless there’s a surprise set along the way, possibly a store exclusive even, I don’t know how likely it’d be for her to already see a minifigure that’ll come out in summer 2023 at the earliest.

Overall, I really liked Andor season one. When it comes to Lego, I still only see Luthen’s Ship being made, and possibly also that new Imperial Speeder thing from the finale as a battle pack build. Whereas a lot of the previous Star Wars Disney+ shows had a lot of set material, this follows along the lines of the Marvel shows where there isn’t much they could release as a desirable set aside from the figures.

I'd love to get Dedra as a minifigure, she's easily my favourite character in the series (along with Syril, best Star Wars duo :excited:).

I desperately need more Andor sets. 

I think the talk of a dedra minifig is a bit too optimistic. Personally I feel that she was making a joke about lego making sets for things that aren't particularly kid oriented. 

Love to be proved wrong though.

1 hour ago, ginja said:

I think the talk of a dedra minifig is a bit too optimistic. Personally I feel that she was making a joke about lego making sets for things that aren't particularly kid oriented. 

Love to be proved wrong though.

I don't think she knows about any physical figs, but I think it's much more likely that she saw the skywalker saga DLC or something than that she was making a joke about lego's company practices. Unless it says somewhere else in the interview that she's a big lego fan or something, but I think I'd remember hearing that.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

As much as I’d like for this to be indirect confirmation of at least one more Andor set, I’d guess the actress is either referring to the Skywaker Saga DLC or a custom minifigure. Unless there’s a surprise set along the way, possibly a store exclusive even, I don’t know how likely it’d be for her to already see a minifigure that’ll come out in summer 2023 at the earliest.

Overall, I really liked Andor season one. When it comes to Lego, I still only see Luthen’s Ship being made, and possibly also that new Imperial Speeder thing from the finale as a battle pack build. Whereas a lot of the previous Star Wars Disney+ shows had a lot of set material, this follows along the lines of the Marvel shows where there isn’t much they could release as a desirable set aside from the figures.

Agreed. Like someone said in another thread, a B2EMO statue is also a likely possibility. That speeder is screaming for a battle pack, too.

And you say that about the marvel shows, but one of them had a scene with the main cast, a truck, AND a helicopter and marvel somehow didn't do a set, despite how much the superheroes theme loves random trucks and helicopters.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think she knows about any physical figs, but I think it's much more likely that she saw the skywalker saga DLC or something than that she was making a joke about lego's company practices. Unless it says somewhere else in the interview that she's a big lego fan or something, but I think I'd remember hearing that.

Agreed. Like someone said in another thread, a B2EMO statue is also a likely possibility. That speeder is screaming for a battle pack, too.

And you say that about the marvel shows, but one of them had a scene with the main cast, a truck, AND a helicopter and marvel somehow didn't do a set, despite how much the superheroes theme loves random trucks and helicopters.

Oh yeah, I forget about the possibility if getting a large buildable B2-EMO. That’s definitely an option on the table as well. Lola from OWK too.

7 hours ago, The Stud said:

possibly also that new Imperial Speeder thing from the finale as a battle pack build.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That speeder is screaming for a battle pack, too.

It seems to me like this is something that occurred to literally every LEGO Star Wars fan as we watched those scenes :laugh:

Someone at LEGO must have had the same thought, surely. When has there ever been a better candidate for a battle pack build besides maybe a BARC Speeder in a clone battle pack? I could definitely see one with a stormie, two army troopers, and one of the security officers coming out at some point IF THEY WERE WILLING TO DO MORE THAN ONE BATTLE PACK A YEAR

8 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

It seems to me like this is something that occurred to literally every LEGO Star Wars fan as we watched those scenes :laugh:

Someone at LEGO must have had the same thought, surely. When has there ever been a better candidate for a battle pack build besides maybe a BARC Speeder in a clone battle pack? I could definitely see one with a stormie, two army troopers, and one of the security officers coming out at some point IF THEY WERE WILLING TO DO MORE THAN ONE BATTLE PACK A YEAR

Love to see the BP with Mimban helmets and shields, that would be great.

I broke down and bought the Ambush on Ferrix yesterday. It was 20% off at Target here in the States. Like everyone else I'm hungry for more Andor now.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When can we expect summer set lists to leak?  Also do we have any idea of UCS and MBS for next year? 

1) I want to say we started getting a list of set numbers and prices around late November/early December and we got a proper set list sometime around when TBOBF was wrapping up. I’m surprised we haven’t gotten January set pictures yet but those will be coming any day now. 
2) Nope, no clue.

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

When can we expect summer set lists to leak?  Also do we have any idea of UCS and MBS for next year? 

Generally by January/Feb we should have price points/numbers and names by March/April. We've had some years where preliminaries for summer have leaked in December though so anything can happen.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:29 PM, Gontron said:

We've had some years where preliminaries for summer have leaked in December though so anything can happen.

That used to be a yearly thing, but the last time was so long ago I don‘t even remember :laugh_hard: Catalogue leaks are a thing of the past. Since they had introduced watermarks, only a small handful of retailers broke the NDA and got punished accordingly. Besides, the catalogues often don‘t even feature prelims anymore, just blank boxes

On 11/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Yep, it would be great to have more Andor sets, if only to get some Death Troopers along side her or the Luthen's ship.

I was noting the upcoming TIE bomber set with interest.  Supposedly, it contains Darth Vader as well as the TIE pilot.  Considering the design of the bomber, I would propose that this would be a great opportunity to offer Vader's TIE as an alternative build in this set.  I would imagine it would be more than possible to build either ship with the given parts.  I never got around to getting Vader's TIE and would certainly like to have one.  A part of me wants to think that having Vader in the TIE bomber set is no coincidence and there just might be a second set of instructions for an alternative build.  

2 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I was noting the upcoming TIE bomber set with interest.  Supposedly, it contains Darth Vader as well as the TIE pilot.  Considering the design of the bomber, I would propose that this would be a great opportunity to offer Vader's TIE as an alternative build in this set.  I would imagine it would be more than possible to build either ship with the given parts.  I never got around to getting Vader's TIE and would certainly like to have one.  A part of me wants to think that having Vader in the TIE bomber set is no coincidence and there just might be a second set of instructions for an alternative build.  

I highly doubt it. Alternative builds for star wars haven't existed in non-book sets for, what, around 20 years now?

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That used to be a yearly thing, but the last time was so long ago I don‘t even remember :laugh_hard: Catalogue leaks are a thing of the past. Since they had introduced watermarks, only a small handful of retailers broke the NDA and got punished accordingly. Besides, the catalogues often don‘t even feature prelims anymore, just blank boxes

Lego's able to just go "yeah, our product is in a box. Buy it."

It’s weird that we haven’t seen the January sets yet when we had already seen them on around November 15th last year. At this point I think they’ll be revealed on December 1st. 

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think the last time was in January/February-ish of 2020?  It was the most recent General Grievous Starfighter that, for whatever reason, leaked extremely early with a super blurry picture.  If I remember right, that was the year where we got official pictures of the Razor Crest in like February, 501st set in April, the AT-AT in May, and then didn't get the rest of the leaked set pictures until like early June, which was really bizarre since it was just the Grievous set that leaked so early, and we didn't even fully know the other sets we were getting until March or April.  Now that I think of it, I want to say that the Final Duel and Resistance Transport set were both completely unknown until the full wave pictures leaked, so I have no idea how that one set managed to slip through the cracks that early.

3 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Now that I think of it, I want to say that the Final Duel and Resistance Transport set were both completely unknown until the full wave pictures leaked, so I have no idea how that one set managed to slip through the cracks that early.

I wasn't on EB then but I was paying attention, and IIRC this is correct. We knew the Final Duel was a retail exclusive and had piece count, price, and number, but did not know until it leaked, and we had no idea that there even was something coming for the Transport. 

9 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

While I don't think there will be any official alternate instructions, the designers may have decided to put Vader in the set to help the MOC builders who will be building Vader's TIE with the set. Or they may have simply included him as he's a popular OT character and the minifig parts are already in production for other sets.